Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-19-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

FedEx direct signature delivery?

Has anyone ever had a statue, or anything else, sent to them with this option?

It is a complete PITA. I cannot have them leave it at a FedEx Depot or FedEx store and get it later in the day. It has to be my signature at my door to get the statue or nothing at all. I cannot work from home or take the entire day off just to get a shipment. The person I bought the statue from even contacted FedEx and they were told they could not change the delivery options either. I would think an option so stringent would be to deliver too a business only. Not for a home delivery. My girlfriend can work from home and said she would stay and get it but they told me it had to be my signature and no one else could take delivery.

I have never had this much trouble getting something delivered before and today is the last day before it ships back. Hopefully it's not been broken into several pieces with all the moving around it has done.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #2
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Whoever said it has to be your signature doesn't know what they're talking about. My wife signs for my packages all the time. I literally have her wake up on days I have to be out in the morning for this same issue with Fed Ex. As long as she's at your home when it comes to sign for it there shouldn't be a problem. Heck she can even sign your name if she wanted.

I encounter this all the time. Every single of my F4F purchases now has that. I used to be able to bypass it by leaving a note on my door but apparently you can't or the driver will get fired. I had a few good eggs that knew it was safe to leave it and they'd just sign my name because I have a security camera. They keep rotating drivers and I constantly get newbies so I have to be here when it's F4F.

Before the holidays this year I had a statue come by FedEx and the driver was too scared to come up the driveway and turn around. (plenty of room) So he schlepped it up the driveway not making any noise and I missed it even with the tablet on for the security camera. Putz didn't even know how to use a doorbell. I check on it wondering where it is and it's been left at Wallgreens and they had no intention of redelivering it 2 more times. Apparently the driver was a holiday floater and didn't know what he was doing so I made some threats and he had to drive back pick it up and redeliver it that day. I hope he enjoyed his 9pm dinner.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #3
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Whoever said it has to be your signature doesn't know what they're talking about. My wife signs for my packages all the time. I literally have her wake up on days I have to be out in the morning for this same issue with Fed Ex. As long as she's at your home when it comes to sign for it there shouldn't be a problem. Heck she can even sign your name if she wanted.

I encounter this all the time. Every single of my F4F purchases now has that. I used to be able to bypass it by leaving a note on my door but apparently you can't or the driver will get fired. I had a few good eggs that knew it was safe to leave it and they'd just sign my name because I have a security camera. They keep rotating drivers and I constantly get newbies so I have to be here when it's F4F.

Before the holidays this year I had a statue come by FedEx and the driver was too scared to come up the driveway and turn around. (plenty of room) So he schlepped it up the driveway not making any noise and I missed it even with the tablet on for the security camera. Putz didn't even know how to use a doorbell. I check on it wondering where it is and it's been left at Wallgreens and they had no intention of redelivering it 2 more times. Apparently the driver was a holiday floater and didn't know what he was doing so I made some threats and he had to drive back pick it up and redeliver it that day. I hope he enjoyed his 9pm dinner.

This Direct Signature thing is weird, never heard of it before this. I have a FedEx account and have always been able to change delivery to pick it up at the FedEx store less than a mile from me. I spoke to a manager at FedEx and was told it has to be me, no one else and has to be at my door, no where else. The person that sent it to me contacted FedEx as well and was told the same thing. He sent the damned thing and he cannot get them to deliver anywhere else. It makes it seem like we are sending classified government documents or something. LOL
Old 02-19-2020, 05:49 PM   #4
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Well that sucks if you can't pick it up, I used to if they missed me 3 times and they said they'd hold it for at least a week before sending back...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:40 PM   #5
SDguy

That is weird. I have used this option before, when shipping expensive statues. It just means you have to sign for it, not just anyone. I have never heard of the stipulation that you have to do it at home, and not at a FedEx facility. I would speak to a different manager at the facility, since that makes no sense.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:43 PM   #6
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

They delivered before I got home yet again. And left a door tag saying this was the final delivery attempt and they would hold it 10 business days and wait for me to contact them or they would send it back. I called and was told they cannot reroute it to another location or attempt another delivery and I cannot go in and get it personally. I figure at this point by the time they send it back to Washington State in 10 days after trying 3 deliveries and then being sent to me again the statue should be nice and smashed up. I was finally able to get one of my grail statues at a good price and I will probably never actually get the damned thing at this point.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:17 PM   #7
dao2
Cyclops

For those sorts of packages I've had them be able to hold it to their closest distribution center (not a fedex store). A bit of a pain but it works... Try asking if they can do that. I've only done it a few times (for gaming heads pieces).

Also here are the exact words about direct signature: Direct Signature Required: FedEx obtains a signature from someone at the delivery address. If no one is at the address, we reattempt delivery.

As opposed to other options where they can do a neighbor or building manager. So specifically it just has to be someone that resides at our address, not the person it's exactly addressed to. They just go to the door and if there's someone who answers that door they can sign for it. If you're talking to someone on the phone who says otherwise point out that info here: https://www.fedex.com/us/tracking/f_quickhelp.html and say "wtf does this mean then?". Adult direct signature is one step above and as per the name has to be signed by someone who can be ID verified as at least 21 years of age.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 07:21 PM   #8
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
For those sorts of packages I've had them be able to hold it to their closest distribution center (not a fedex store). A bit of a pain but it works... Try asking if they can do that. I've only done it a few times (for gaming heads pieces).
I had a manager call me back and say they would try one more delivery attempt tomorrow and they cannot guarantee a time but I cannot under any circumstances have it picked up at a store or at their distribution center. It has to be delivered and signed for at my door and no where else. I also have to have proof of ID with the delivery address on it.

I have now talked to 4 different people and have been told the exact same thing every time.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:25 PM   #9
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I had a manager call me back and say they would try one more delivery attempt tomorrow and they cannot guarantee a time but I cannot under any circumstances have it picked up at a store or at their distribution center. It has to be delivered and signed for at my door and no where else. I also have to have proof of ID with the delivery address on it.

I have now talked to 4 different people and have been told the exact same thing every time.
That sucks I've always had distribution center as an option even when a store wasn't available, maybe there isn't one near you?.. However that sounds like if your girlfriend lives with you and her ID shows your address it would be fine. Also I will be surprised if they actually check the ID :| If your GF can work from home have her do that and try accepting the package. And yeah they cannot guarantee times... it could be 10am or even late afternoon like 6-7 (they work their drivers hard :/).

edit: Just called fedex cause this sounds ridiculous and the guy confirmed someone who answers the door can sign and they don't need to have an id that shows that they reside at their address. Point to them their website and say "wtf". That's not the only page that says it either, every page says exactly the same: http://www.fedex.com/gb/shipping-ser...e-options.html. It doesn't say it has to be you, it has to be someone who lives there. Push them on it, have them redeliver. If they say otherwise tell them that is the option that it on their website and if it can't be delivered with your GF signing for it it is their failure. Hopefully they can work something out with you at least if they continue to say it has to be you as the site clearly says otherwise and a service was purchased with the stated intention in mind.

Also I know I'm a random stranger but this sorta thing pisses me off, they can't just change their services without telling people. If you have trouble pressing people PM me your number and we can do a conference call to fedex and I will firmly (but politely) try get them to follow their own goddamn terms.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 12:16 AM   #10
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote