Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 02-06-2019, 11:24 PM   #161
KELPIE
New Republic

Honestly though, how do people feel about this news, vs the fact that there were parts of the Pime statue that were 3D printed?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:07 AM   #162
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Honestly though, how do people feel about this news, vs the fact that there were parts of the Pime statue that were 3D printed?
I'm not happy with the way Prime turned out, really sub par compared to Soundwave and Ultra Magnus. Rodimus also had some 3D printed pieces but not as egregious as Prime.

I may be out on the rest of the larger line if they go vinyl or continue with majority 3D parts like Prime.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:07 AM   #163
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
Wow they really announced this? This is the IA piece I've been waiting on to compliment my Optimus. I am not sure how I feel about the Vinyl and may just abandon this line all together now.
Sadly agree
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #164
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I own all these IA pieces and in order of heft and material quality it goes Soundwave, UM, SS on Throne, Rodimus and Optimus. (see a trend here)

I noticed the materials on Optimus took a dive. I can barely pick up Soundwave-Rodimus and now I can carry Optimus around like a newborn.

The LOC pieces feel cheap as well. They're nice but cheap. Like toy cheap.

The Megatron news is BS and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay full price for Grimlock if the whole dio is plastic-like. That said, other than Soundwave who I would keep anyway and have a second one on PO, I may just jump ship and sell them all down the road if IA plans the vinyl route. I know as soon as I get XM Optimus in hand I'll be doing a lot of soul searching.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:53 PM   #165
off
The X-Men

That XM Optimus looks great, I'll have XM envy for sure. Who do you order through?
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:06 PM   #166
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I own all these IA pieces and in order of heft and material quality it goes Soundwave, UM, SS on Throne, Rodimus and Optimus. (see a trend here)

I noticed the materials on Optimus took a dive. I can barely pick up Soundwave-Rodimus and now I can carry Optimus around like a newborn.

The LOC pieces feel cheap as well. They're nice but cheap. Like toy cheap.

I'm on the fence on how to feel-react to all this. The Megatron news is BS though and I'll be damned if I'm paying full price for Grimlock if that whole dio is plastic. That said, other than Soundwave who I will keep and have a second one on PO, I may just jump ship and sell them all down the road if IA ticks me off because I know as soon as I get XM Optimus in hand I'll be doing a lot of soul searching.
I haven't shipped my IA Prime from BBTS loot yet. However if I was to cancel any, it would be that one. Not so much on quality (don't have it in hand yet) or execution (love that they included the trailer and roller) but more to the fact that I have heaps of Primes already.

Like you, with XM prime on the way and the space he'll need... Large Prime from IA would be my first TF to go (Never sold a TF product ever).

I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen a Galvatron, Cyclonus or Blaster to pair with the first 3 releases.

Still, I think from here on out, I'm strictly small scale from IA unless it's a totally under-represented character.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:28 PM   #167
craigcliff1
Zot

I.A. wrote a while ago they have slowed to let people catch up. On their page most stuff is out of stock, not at BBTS. GL is out though at BBTS. With way market is now I would be glad now to just have them make a LOC Galvatron, Blaster, Blitzwing, Sckwave Astrotrain, Thrust. Soundwave. Magnus, Rodimus.

These are getting made so just need the others

Rodimus
UM
Soundwave
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:02 PM   #168
Sandman585
Hydra

I’ve only opened and inspected my Optimus but honestly I was happy with the mix of material and think it looks greats. Would not want more lighter printed pieces though. May not continue the line so may put Optimus up for sale.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #169
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

DELETED
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:53 PM   #170
craigcliff1
Zot

In 2007 in my early years of collecting I bought Koto Anakin, great sculpt but then found out was vinyl. From then on I didn't get anything other than polystone. This may make it cheaper but like SSC Swamp Thing they won't sell as many
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote