Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-13-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
gashlycrumb
Frackin!

Legends in 3 Dimensions

Hi there,

I figure if anyone would know about Legends in 3 Dimensions, it would be you folks! Years ago I purchased 3 busts made by Legends in 3 Dimensions. I am not sure what your take is on them, but I personally love how they did Green Goblin, Spidey, and The Tick.

What became of this company and what other busts or statues did they produce?

Thank you in advance!
gashlycrumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
oxbeard
I am da law!

Not sure what became of them, the sculptor was Greg Aronowitz(sp?) He also did several SW pieces including Boba Fett ESB and ROTJ versions, Greedo, Cantina band member, Tusken Raider, and a Gamorrean Guard statue. Probably more but those are the ones I can remember. I have a Fett and Greedo and really like them. Still see them pop up from time to time.

Also did some Star Trek too. I've got the Locutus bust, think he did a Data also.

Found this website: Greg Aronowitz
oxbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:38 PM   #3
Xeno
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Yes it's a damn shame that company went bust! Great busts ! And a very nice scale as well! I like the large scale!

I have the ST busts: Data and Locutus and Picard. I also have the Babylon 5 G'Kar bust and a Predator bust. The last one isn't really good I must say but it's a nice thing in my Pred collection. The G'kar bust is nice though it could use a slightly better paint job I guess. But with that one I am very glad since there's almost nothing at all from B5. I think there was a Londo bust in the planning as well but that one never made it.
A little while ago I saw on Ebay anX-Files Fox Mulder bust also. Did thought about it but the seller ( Canadian) was kind of "vague" in his email answers so I let it go.
A friend of mine has the SW busts and they are great as well! I 'm really surprised by the fact that some of these busts hardly cost anything at all!
Xeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
Xeno
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

and now we're on the subject: The did a Klingon warship as well. A bird of Prey I think. I see it sometimes on Ebay but I allways in doubt because I never saw a good picture from it and have no idea from the size. If anyone here has that one, please post some pictures and tell me the dimensions! PLEASE !
Xeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:24 AM   #5
Shangrilien
Doh!

I have both Boba and G'Kar and I love them. Xeno, can you imagine a complete B5 busts line up ? Man, that would have been amazing !!!

About Star Trek ships, there is also an Enterprise NCC-1701-D. Size is approximately 10" long X 7 1/2" wide X 5 1/4" tall. That could give you a rough idea about the Bird of Prey measures.
Both are on eBay right now.
Shangrilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:20 AM   #6
BOWEN NUT
Hydra

I have the Green Goblin and Spider-Man busts and I think they are FANTASTIC!

Better than Bowen Designs in my opinion! (Sorry Randy)

This is THE Green Goblin bust to have... nothing else comes close!
BOWEN NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:05 PM   #7
ALEX23
The Avengers

I recently acquired these two together for a great price! Its a shame these didn't continue because I think they are just fantastic. Would have been nice to have the other Spidey villains in this scale!

ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote