Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 08-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #381
TheProfessional
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
@theprofessional I should be getting mine within 2 weeks hopefully. I got a shipping notice the other day. I’ll have pictures up after I get him.
Nice, looking forward to seeing the pictures when it arrives!

I pre-ordered this the first weekend it went up for sale and I can't wait to finally get it. Metal Gear Solid 1 and the Twin Snakes remake are truly all time classics and the Psycho Mantis boss fight is one of the best ever. So glad someone made a statue. Excited for Grey Fox next.
TheProfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:32 AM   #382
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I really like the villain designs/backstories in the MG universe. Many memorable memories. I like the Batman Rogues so MG’s baddies are a perfect fit. I don’t see anyone doing a large scale Fox Hound troupe anytime soon.

Just a note, I will have pictures up when I can. We got creamed by that tropical storm. I have power but no internet and it’s a pain to post pics from my phone using my data plan. I don’t see it interfering and F4F’s is taking their time due to the virus but I will get them up as soon as I can.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 02:39 AM   #383
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessional View Post
Nice, looking forward to seeing the pictures when it arrives!

I pre-ordered this the first weekend it went up for sale and I can't wait to finally get it. Metal Gear Solid 1 and the Twin Snakes remake are truly all time classics and the Psycho Mantis boss fight is one of the best ever. So glad someone made a statue. Excited for Grey Fox next.
Welcome to the forum!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:59 PM   #384
eternalblue02

Got my Psycho Mantis EX today. Very happy with it. No seating problems and was packed top notch. They put extra effort packing the books for the base. Paint is spot on. I love the shading on the black around the suit wrinkles. The paint on the books and stone make them look old and worn and there is a high gloss on the floor marble to simulate the shiny reflective look from the game.

With that out of the way I'd like to address the leaning concerns some of you have. There is an unboxing video out there that shows how the pillar and Mantis all fit together. I think the rod they used to seat the pillar and the angle it's resting on the base give it enough stability to hold Mantis. The two rods in his foot are pretty thick and heavy duty. I do not know how far up his legs they go "ala SS Rogue" but you can see in the pictures he sits flush. From one side angle you can see the upper rod going in. I do not live in a warm climate so I can't give anyone advice but if you have him in a cooled room you should be fine. I will pop back in ASAP if I start to get leaning and will return in a year to update on how things are going.

Me personally, I wouldn't sit on this piece if you want a Psycho Mantis in your collection. If I had the room I would have gotten the camo bundle after seeing it. They did a good job on the translucent effect. Any questions by all means ask.

Old 08-19-2020, 05:00 PM   #385
eternalblue02

Old 08-19-2020, 09:16 PM   #386
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Very nice! I do wish the line was moving quicker though...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:19 AM   #387
eternalblue02

Me too. I appreciate F4F taking their time but push this line out like Cowboy Bebop. I do think Konami has a lot to do with it. They’re constantly having F4F change things if Snake was any indication with the behind the scenes drama.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:38 AM   #388
ukshaun
Hercules

Great looking piece. Perfect base design.
Presumably F4F made sure a thick metal rod is in place to stop any future leaning issues.

I wish F4F would create a MGSV line.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:00 AM   #389
eternalblue02

I hope so Shaun. It’s good to be the lab rat. I told my wife if we hear anything crash in the middle of the night we’ll know what it is. I know he’s not going to be displayed near my other pieces for a while.

I’d love for MGS2-5 but realistically we have 2 pieces, an upcoming bust and cyborg ninja. No clue what happened to Sniper Wolf. I’ll be old and grey by the time they finish Fox Hound.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:14 AM   #390
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I hope so Shaun. It’s good to be the lab rat. I told my wife if we hear anything crash in the middle of the night we’ll know what it is. I know he’s not going to be displayed near my other pieces for a while.

I’d love for MGS2-5 but realistically we have 2 pieces, an upcoming bust and cyborg ninja. No clue what happened to Sniper Wolf. I’ll be old and grey by the time they finish Fox Hound.
Best play is safe.
I prefer the gas-mask portrait.

Some day i will have to add a F4F piece to my collection.

When it comes to Metal Gear Solid, all i own are two 1/6 pieces of Snake and Quiet from Gecco

Gecco - Quiet & Venom Snake Play Demo Version 1/6 scale
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote