Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
This is my FedEx bill for my art print!

£56 quid!!!!!

Is this right????

VAT should've only been 9.25 sterling

United Kingdom 9702.00.0000 0% 5%

The HS Code is right there printed on the invoice. The value for currency conversion should only be $240 USD for that print not shipping.

You got screwed by customs and Fed Ex.
dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #123
Python
Omega Red

We always pay vat on the shipping cost also, I'm still not quite sure how they justify that, but we do none the less. That invoice is still wrong though..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:46 PM   #124
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

Interesting...

found this on google

---

All charges on a vendor invoice for goods and services (including freight and handling) made in Canada are subject to GST. If the invoice is for goods that are being imported into Canada from outside the country, the freight and handling charges should be zero-rated (i.e., no GST).

So.. yeah I used a coupon on Hot Toys Bruce Wayne... I ended up paying tax on shipping charges and the coupon value... Also paid GST on several packages for freight which is supposedly rated at 0%

This year only, ripped off by $41.47 because someone doesn't know how to do their job.
dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:10 AM   #125
jgray
Frackin!

Are we saying here that we are expecting Sideshow to start using a new harmonised code resulting in reduced VAT for imports into UK?

Just had a frustrating call from UPS who are in the process of man handling my sandtrooper over here wanting to know what is in the box and whether VAT should be charged on it, having stated that it was a polystone statue we then got into an argument as to whether I had a certificate of authenticity. I stated I did not because they currently have the parcel, to which I got accused of having a "tone" over a chicken and egg argument.

I was then asked what the harmonised code should be. I informed them that it should be with the paperwork on the box to which I was told they have to phone up and check what the item is. This did not happen with Darth Vader or my space Jockey.

Basically the call ended with me being told I would be charged VAT at 20%. To make matters worse with UPS they will attempt to deliver tomorrow even though I am not in, you cant tell them not to because they will only take amended instructions after they have attempted to deliver it once.

If there is a change in codes it would be good to have official confirmation from Sideshow
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:29 AM   #126
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Are we saying here that we are expecting Sideshow to start using a new harmonised code resulting in reduced VAT for imports into UK?

Just had a frustrating call from UPS who are in the process of man handling my sandtrooper over here wanting to know what is in the box and whether VAT should be charged on it, having stated that it was a polystone statue we then got into an argument as to whether I had a certificate of authenticity. I stated I did not because they currently have the parcel, to which I got accused of having a "tone" over a chicken and egg argument.

I was then asked what the harmonised code should be. I informed them that it should be with the paperwork on the box to which I was told they have to phone up and check what the item is. This did not happen with Darth Vader or my space Jockey.

Basically the call ended with me being told I would be charged VAT at 20%. To make matters worse with UPS they will attempt to deliver tomorrow even though I am not in, you cant tell them not to because they will only take amended instructions after they have attempted to deliver it once.

If there is a change in codes it would be good to have official confirmation from Sideshow
There was an official confirmation from Alex in this thread. I doubt it they will announce it on their page etc.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience with UPS buddy. :/
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:53 AM   #127
Python
Omega Red

Why are UPS delivering a Sideshow item to you in the UK? I hope that isn't going to become standard. Fed Ex are much better to deal with regarding such things.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:02 AM   #128
jgray
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Why are UPS delivering a Sideshow item to you in the UK? I hope that isn't going to become standard. Fed Ex are much better to deal with regarding such things.
Last three have shipped from Hong Kong via UPS, agree Fed ex are easier to deal with plus you don't get the nonsense about cash on delivery.

Side show messed up on the harmonised codes a few deliveries back whereby I was charged a reduced rate. They did contact me to say that it was an error, wont chase me for the shortfall but would be charged at the normal 20% going forward.

If there is a change in the codes being used and we should be getting a reduced VAT rate - I can certainly confirm that on the last two deliveries I haven't got it unless it is the import duty as opposed to sales tax (VAT).
Old 09-28-2016, 09:08 AM   #129
Python
Omega Red

That's unfortunate, I wonder if you can message Sideshow with a preference of delivery companies? I have only ever dealt with Fed Ex with Sideshow, and I'm happy with that. I also have my Fed Ex account tied to them to save paying clearance fees etc.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:19 AM   #130
jgray
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood View Post
Confusing

OK

so I logged into my Fed Ex Account, and all invoices are now electronic.

The last shipment I was charged $27.97 DUTY / TARRIFF

The classification code used on the import was 6810.99.00.00 which is HS Code for concrete stone and materials, not statues made of any material.

The B3 header & commercial invoice information states Federal Express Canada Ltd. has completed this customs entry on (my) behalf. Please note that the importer of record (Importer) is ultimately responsible for the accuracy of the accounting information submitted to the CBSA and must report all errors and/or omissions to FedEx, in writing, within 10 days from receipt of the accounting information.

Well other imports use the correct 9703.00.00.00 HS Code, According to NAFTA there should be NO DUTY only GST.

Its frustrating because for my Gray Hulk EX the Value for Currency Conversion included an additional $70 in shipment costs which normally is not included in the Item Price.

Fed Ex keeps sending me over to CBSA or the merchant (Sideshow). Finally a supervisor escalated the case to their department. I'm assuming Fed Ex fills this information out? Correct?
Darth Vader shipped with the same harmonisation code 6810.99.00.00. Which shows the HKD value of 3,876.70 which equals £378.44, which I have been charged £78.70 VAT (20%), Duty of £6.45 (1.7%) and disbursement fee of £11.00. Total £95.85.