Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-25-2016, 11:46 AM   #881
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Agreed. I think a classic COH would have completely clashed with the style of the rest of the piece. I just don't think they would have gone well together at all. This is one case where not having a COH was actually a good choice IMO. Again, I think this piece and the style they were going after is absolutely perfect. I wouldn't change a single thing on this one even if I could!
See, this is where I disagree. How does having a switch out portrait hurt or bother anyone? If an alternative portrait is offered, how is that a problem? If you (or anyone else) likes the REG portrait, then display it and leave the second portrait in the box. For those of us that want a second portrait, we have the option to display it. I never can understand why peeps would opt for less options. Especially when you are paying in excess of $500 a pop for a statue.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:56 AM   #882
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
See, this is where I disagree. How does having a switch out portrait hurt or bother anyone? If an alternative portrait is offered, how is that a problem? If you (or anyone else) likes the REG portrait, then display it and leave the second portrait in the box. For those of us that want a second portrait, we have the option to display it. I never can understand why peeps would opt for less options. Especially when you are paying in excess of $500 a pop for a statue.
Yes, options are always good. Clearly not everyone loves every concept, so why wouldn't Sideshow want to draw on as many types of fans as possible. Does absolutely no harm to have options.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:28 PM   #883
Legion564
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
No, Legion. There is no EX.
It's a reply to CBG. It's not meant to be taken literally.
I know. He just inspired me to come up with that reply. It's contagious be careful.
Legion564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #884
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I don't think this piece would go well with a classic portrait. If something were to be added I'd make it different arm poses. Regardless I love it the way it is.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:02 PM   #885
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

My friend drew this compound Hulk, it's pretty awesome

dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:46 AM   #886
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I don't think this piece would go well with a classic portrait. If something were to be added I'd make it different arm poses. Regardless I love it the way it is.
It's doesn't matter what peeps who like the piece as is think because you will always have the option to display it as is even if we got a second portrait. A second portrait wouldn't stop you from displaying the REG portrait. I really wanted a portrait without the goggles. No one loses if there are 2 portraits. You always have the option of displaying the portrait you like best. Any collector that doesn't want an EX classic portrait can keep it in the box or just buy a REG PF.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:11 AM   #887
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

Some pics of my Legends

Old 09-26-2016, 02:31 PM   #888
AC_808
Hercules

Why do you post pics of your action figures here ...and not in the action figure section?

The guys in the action figure sections are missing out on your pics, man.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:02 PM   #889
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

I thought we'd keep Marvel discussions in Marvel threads, and DC discussions in DC threads.

You just noticed now that these threads go off topic?? ..
Old 09-26-2016, 04:03 PM   #890
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Why do you post pics of your action figures here ...and not in the action figure section?

The guys in the action figure sections are missing out on your pics, man.
That's the section he posts about these statues in.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote