Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-15-2016, 07:56 PM   #11
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Honestly if it was done right it could be a very very good game with good vs evil!

And for graphics I would keep it similar to the cartoon looking videos we've seen of the characters! Similar to a BORDERLANDS cartoon / animated style that way during the cutscenes it looks just like the actual gameplay so it doesn't take the gamer out of the zone and immerses the gamers even more!

Even though realism cutscenes look great I don't like some of them that look so great during story scene that it takes you out of the gaming zone! Many games do this and many commercials show those cutscenes and when you play game it looks nothing like what you see during commercial cut scene or trailer...

But as my hubby and I are big gamers I'm down for this and think that if it's done right could be really damn cool!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:23 PM   #12
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
lol
Pretty much my reaction
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:24 PM   #13
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Might be cool.
Is Steam a free service?
I am not really into gaming much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Steam is a free service on PC yeah.
'steam' is free yes. Steam is nothing more than a download client for games though so while the download client (Steam) is free, the game will not be
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:23 AM   #14
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

What if they just used their profits instead of kickstarter?

Meh-0 interest
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:01 AM   #15
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

A company that size should not need a kickstarter unless they want the community to share in the risk. I can just see it, donate $500 and pay $60 for the game. What a deal!
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:16 AM   #16
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Not really too excited for this one. In my experience these kinds of Kickstarter games wind up being disappointing more times than not, but I'll definitely reserve judgement until I see it first hand. Not to mention, the last thing I need is yet another video game at this point. My back log of games is absolutely ridiculous as I really have no time to play games during my working months yet I still continue to look for sales and buy games all through my working months. So by the time mid September comes and I am all done working for the year, I literally have a HUGE stack of games that will keep me busy for a very LONG time to come. I could literally play a different game every day and it would literally take me a decade to play them all.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:03 AM   #17
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
'steam' is free yes. Steam is nothing more than a download client for games though so while the download client (Steam) is free, the game will not be
it offers a lot more than that, and means much more too ;p

steam itself costs no money, however it it takes a bit of your soul :P
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:15 PM   #18
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Might be cool.
Is Steam a free service?
I am not really into gaming much.
It is basically just a program that stores all of your purchased games in one place and keeps them updated etc. It's free and easy to use. Plus they have great sales every so often, never pay full price for anything on Steam...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:58 PM   #19
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Not really too excited for this one. In my experience these kinds of Kickstarter games wind up being disappointing more times than not, but I'll definitely reserve judgement until I see it first hand. Not to mention, the last thing I need is yet another video game at this point. My back log of games is absolutely ridiculous as I really have no time to play games during my working months yet I still continue to look for sales and buy games all through my working months. So by the time mid September comes and I am all done working for the year, I literally have a HUGE stack of games that will keep me busy for a very LONG time to come. I could literally play a different game every day and it would literally take me a decade to play them all.
I don't know about you but I think they've had some successful KS games:

- We Happy Few

- Mighty #9

- Broken Age

- FTL

- SuperHOT

- Wasteland 2

All those games are worth checking out, many people like different things so this is obviously subjective but most of not all of these have met their projected $$$ and then some! Few of these titles made a few million dollars so obviously people are interested in thee kick starter games... so like I said if done right the game could be very very cool!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:08 PM   #20
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

Shenmue 2 was the most expensive crowd funded project topping over at $47 mil

Most indie games average 200K to 1 million on average
dood is offline   Reply With Quote