Old 05-17-2019, 09:49 PM   #3421
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

You’ve got plenty of time.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #3422
BrandedSaiyan27
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Well, I'm a crazy SOB and went ahead and ordered Zodd in Apostle form. I canceled three other orders (All from the Witcher line) I had through P1 to get him and they let me transfer a $266 deposit from one of them over to Zodd, plus I had $40 in points. Economy shipping to the US was $480, much better than the $1259 option. It's still a ways out but I'm so excited to get this piece in hand!!!
BrandedSaiyan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:38 AM   #3423
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It says slan is 10 inches smaller than human form zodd but the dx is 1200 and zodd Ed is 1100. Does that seem overpriced? Zodd clearly is bigger and requires more paint/sculpt even the fur coat and boots. Slan is pretty simple and small but 1/4 and $1200
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:56 AM   #3424
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
It says slan is 10 inches smaller than human form zodd but the dx is 1200 and zodd Ed is 1100. Does that seem overpriced? Zodd clearly is bigger and requires more paint/sculpt even the fur coat and boots. Slan is pretty simple and small but 1/4 and $1200
The DX comes with Ubik and an alternate portrait. Essentially, you’re getting 2 statues for that price. Ubik is sold separately and is also produced separately as to why the cost. But you’re right, a lot less going on and what you get. But Zodd was a HUGE bargain for the size, many accessories, and how much was going on with it entirely.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:01 PM   #3425
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
The DX comes with Ubik and an alternate portrait. Essentially, you’re getting 2 statues for that price. Ubik is sold separately and is also produced separately as to why the cost. But you’re right, a lot less going on and what you get. But Zodd was a HUGE bargain for the size, many accessories, and how much was going on with it entirely.
Two statues? Ubik while a different character. He just an accessorie and his dimensions are a simple base metal pole and a small sphere that is well painted and sculpted but I feel like the price is insane for 26 inch 1/4 berserk statue. Endgame Captain America 1/4 dx with many switch outs Marvel license costs and actor likeness is $800
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:01 PM   #3426
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
Two statues? Ubik while a different character. He just an accessorie and his dimensions are a simple base metal pole and a small sphere that is well painted and sculpted but I feel like the price is insane for 26 inch 1/4 berserk statue. Endgame Captain America 1/4 dx with many switch outs Marvel license costs and actor likeness is $800
I agree, the pricing doesn’t make sense at all. Honestly, we definitely overpay for all this stuff. I only buy stuff that I REALLY want now. And with P1 we at least get quality and close to proto pieces. The worst pricing company for this stuff is SS with their crap statues imo. Their prices make me laugh for what you get.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:50 PM   #3427
BrandedSaiyan27

Anyone here getting Slan? I'm still hesitant because of...well T&A and BUSH. There's no denying shes a beautiful statue though. I know Femtos release isn't too far behind hers and if I get her I'll have to get Femto and the rest of the Godhand...not a cheap endeavor.

For anyone interested, looks like whiplash collectors youtube channel got us a sneak peak of what we've all been wanting to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VprOJ7zs-f4

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:23 AM   #3428
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandedSaiyan27 View Post
Anyone here getting Slan? I'm still hesitant because of...well T&A and BUSH. There's no denying shes a beautiful statue though. I know Femtos release isn't too far behind hers and if I get her I'll have to get Femto and the rest of the Godhand...not a cheap endeavor.

For anyone interested, looks like whiplash collectors youtube channel got us a sneak peak of what we've all been wanting to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VprOJ7zs-f4

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.
I have Slan DX on order. I think it’s well done, but I’m on the fence if I should buy. Most likely will cancel and not get any of the God Hand. By the time you receive the entire hand, might be 5 years lol. Too long of a wait and most likely will want the space for something else. There is ALWAYS something new that I want more. I’m just going for the characters I love from now on and must have. Guts, Schierke, SK, and Zodd. Im very disappointed that Schierke hasnt gone up for PO yet. They keep putting new PO’s up, yet her proto was done
so long ago. Don’t show us protos if you’re not putting it up for preorder that year. It’s not nice leading collectors on like that
Old 05-31-2019, 03:07 PM   #3429
BrandedSaiyan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
I have Slan DX on order. I think it’s well done, but I’m on the fence if I should buy. Most likely will cancel and not get any of the God Hand. By the time you receive the entire hand, might be 5 years lol. Too long of a wait and most likely will want the space for something else. There is ALWAYS something new that I want more. I’m just going for the characters I love from now on and must have. Guts, Schierke, SK, and Zodd. Im very disappointed that Schierke hasnt gone up for PO yet. They keep putting new PO’s up, yet her proto was done
so long ago. Don’t show us protos if you’re not putting it up for preorder that year. It’s not nice leading collectors on like that
Yeah I'm ready to be patient with my collecting going forward with the rising prices. The delays in between will give me enough time to save up.

I'm having a tough time deciding because, while I don't love the God Hand, they are central to Berserk and it's story and I love Berserk.

On your last comment, if I were to guess I'd say they might be seeing Isidro sales do before putting Schierke up. I'm guessing they're going to do the same with SK, waiting to see how well Apostle Zodd does.

All I know is I'm hoping for some reveals at Wonderfest!! Speaking of when is Wonderfest?
Old 05-31-2019, 03:55 PM   #3430
frag
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandedSaiyan27 View Post
All I know is I'm hoping for some reveals at Wonderfest!! Speaking of when is Wonderfest?
July 28, 2019 JST.

http://wf.kaiyodo.net/
frag is offline   Reply With Quote