Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-01-2017, 05:36 AM   #131
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratercritter View Post
Hey Bobfrog.
Really? Are you serious?....
As Paul pointed out to you and others, the studio is the same, BUT the statue positions, heights and lighting effects are different.
Paul did not have to point that out, but it is so obvious. No wonder Paul gets annoyed with some people on this Forum.

Who cares if there are subtle differences between the production replica and the original. Close enough is good enough for replica statues or movie prop replicas for most reasonably minded collectors in the prop replica collecting world.
And as Paul mentioned earlier (which I might add, he should not have to waste his time doing this), half scale does not automatically equate to half price, obviously.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:03 AM   #132
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Who cares if there are subtle differences between the production replica and the original. Close enough is good enough for replica statues or movie prop replicas for most reasonably minded collectors in the prop replica collecting world.
Well, you need to care if the sales pitch includes wording like:

Quote:
We can confidently proclaim that the 1:2 scale Anubis helmet is 100% authentic to the 1:1 Helmet due to the technology we have available today.
I don't know what else to say. The statement speaks for itself. What 1:1? Oh! Chronicle's Anubis 1:1!

AND
Quote:
Every last detail is present in this offering.
I'm not sure why we're still talking about all this. Paul has informed us why the 1:2 looked off. Why are we still going? I guess because Paul offended people by calling them experts...?

Quote:
And as Paul mentioned earlier (which I might add, he should not have to waste his time doing this), half scale does not automatically equate to half price, obviously.
That's an assumption that everyone is a genius who knows what's going on. I know this comes as a shock but not everyone is a 900 year old Jedi master. I think it's a pretty good assumption to make, half scale = half bloody price. You want proof? Buy both 1:2 Anubis and horus and you find their true retail cost because I promise you Chronicle Collectibles is not losing money just to put a smile on your face. They know most all of their sales is going to be both statues.

Paul is super passionate about this stuff but he's not going to throw money away if he doesn't have to. Those products sitting around his place waiting to be sold is a bitter reminder not to throw money away if he doesn't have to. Nothing sucks more than to have money tied up...
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:49 AM   #133
thedarkknight77
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I hate that people crap all over Paul! Do you people have any idea of how hard it is to run a company??? We are blessed that he chooses to come on here and interact with us. I also love the live videos that he shoots on Facebook. To me, it's obvious he is a great guy, who is passionate about his products. Feedback is good, but don't be disrespectful about it. He has explained the issue a number of times, if you don't beleive him, don't buy it!
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:37 PM   #134
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Paul has informed us why the 1:2 looked off.
What are you talking about?
When did he say that?
Old 07-05-2017, 12:27 AM   #135
Enforcer

A few days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Let me address a few things, we fixed some of the problems the 1-1 Helmet had since it was cast from a screen used piece and had some minor imperfections due to production.

The way the tassels are laying across the face is an illusion and I can tell you that these are direct cleaned up 1-1 scans. The lower collar was widened like the original to fit an actor. The 1:1 was foam and warped so it was squeezed tighter together.

The color on Anubis is more like the hero we have in the studio, Toynami darkened down my original paint job on the 1:1, so I made it a little brighter knowing they would get it closer at the factory with the paints they use.

We no longer carry stock on items, if they don't sell well we will not reduce the ES we will just cancel products moving forward.
Maybe someone will or will not agree on what it's supposed to look like but Paul put to rest my concerns. I didn't want it to be rushed or not done right. They made some changes from the 1:1. I can live with it.

Well, I still feel those tassels could be better. The ends look so tiny, more like 1/3 than 1/2 in my opinion but I guess there's no good reason to have gotten them wrong.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:58 AM   #136
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I guess that some know better than a computer when scaling these things. If the hemet is set at a certain size the tassels are scaled the same.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #137
Enforcer

I conceded defeat on this issue by declaring I don't know no better about scaling and yet again before your last post. I'm sorry that you feel the need to play the 'know better' card with me. I've clearly failed to point out that I do not care, despite my last post clearly stating CC has put to rest my concerns. I am making observations. Come on. You don't think the end of those tassels look super tiny? Forget your bias. Do they not look super tiny?

It especially stands out in the picture with heather when they are next to each other and you see just how tiny they are. I can barely make them out they are so tiny.

What I am looking for is either "Yes you are right those are small, our bad because we handled those differently" or "Ha I agree they do look small but trust me they are the right scale!" or no comment at all and that's all I need, because I don't care.

They just look so tiny. Is that a sin to think they look tiny? Maybe they aren't tiny and one of the other parts are oversized. I don't know. I don't care. It's your job to care. If you know everything is in order then there's no problem here but if it bothers you then post a comparison pic of the two spade or tear shaped parts or whatever they are, side by side. I'm sure you have some printed parts laying around. I could tell you what they are officially called if I was an expert in StarGate, which I am not. I know the movie exists. I know the Alien tech is cool as grits. I know that spade shaped part at the end of the tassels look as tiny as Minime next to Doctor Evil which doesn't mean it is. That's about it.

And I don't care. If I did I wouldn't be buying it like so many other people that bail on a statue because it's not this 100% accurate representation of what they want to own. Even at 99% they bail...
Old 07-07-2017, 11:13 AM   #138
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Different position of the helmet to the collar and the positioning of the tassels on the 1-1 were not quite right.

Even you can see that in the photos. When we changed the sculpture to make it more accurate the dimensions changed as well.

I'm happy to keep debating it with the originals sitting here, but if you don't like it, don't buy it.

And NO the end details is exactly 1:2 scale, I even went back yesterday and had Dean pull them up, perfect.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #139
CAIN MKII

Pre-order for both helmet placed
Old 07-09-2017, 06:06 AM   #140
One Above All

Paul,

do you have a WIP pictures of Ra 1:2 bust?
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote