Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #581
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
Lol, no, this is my wife posing with Sonja and Belit!...
Fun times!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #582
Haruffin
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Nice vid, thanks.

It confirms the portrait is absolutely amazing: the disdainful, arrogant attitude is a perfect fit for the character, and the pose complements the portrait.

Not sure her hair is red, though, could be the mixed lighting at the con, or will be fixed in the production piece.

Nevertheless, I prefer the athletic physique of the 2nd RS statue over the off-season physique of this one, and the action-oriented pose of the 2nd one. But it's good that they make very different statues, poses, portraits and physiques, so there's something for everyone.

In any case, given the spotty track record of SS I'll wait until production piece is out to see if QC is on point. Also EX doesn't look exciting as I can make that cape for 3 EUR so no reason to rush. And thanks to the extortionate shipping fees to Europe it's just as well.
Haruffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #583
COI

This thread has taken some weird twists and turns.

Pace yourselves, we're not seeing this thing for a year.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #584
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruffin View Post
Nice vid, thanks.

It confirms the portrait is absolutely amazing: the disdainful, arrogant attitude is a perfect fit for the character, and the pose complements the portrait.

Not sure her hair is red, though, could be the mixed lighting at the con, or will be fixed in the production piece.

Nevertheless, I prefer the athletic physique of the 2nd RS statue over the off-season physique of this one, and the action-oriented pose of the 2nd one. But it's good that they make very different statues, poses, portraits and physiques, so there's something for everyone.

In any case, given the spotty track record of SS I'll wait until production piece is out to see if QC is on point. Also EX doesn't look exciting as I can make that cape for 3 EUR so no reason to rush. And thanks to the extortionate shipping fees to Europe it's just as well.
Nearly 100% agreed on this post, although I'm just as keen on a Sonja that's less cut; makes her look more like a warrior than someone who spends as much time doing sit-ups as she does hunting/fighting. Love my She-Devil, so I'm open to all takes, like you.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:31 PM   #585
Reno_McCoy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruffin View Post

I haven't read up on the She-Devil production paint/QC. Was the paint on that so bad? Mixed bag? Or is that a comment against SS in general?
Reno_McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #586
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
This thread has taken some weird twists and turns.

Pace yourselves, we're not seeing this thing for a year.
Great advise. These threads always seem to die out after initial announcement then liven up at PO then die again until release.

That's why I don't mind the amusing posts and off topic photos at this point because it is a looong road ahead!
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #587
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
Lol, no, this is my wife posing with Sonja and Belit!...
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:47 PM   #588
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno_McCoy View Post
I haven't read up on the She-Devil production paint/QC. Was the paint on that so bad? Mixed bag? Or is that a comment against SS in general?
It's perfectly serviceable. Personally, I think the eyes on the production piece maintain the intensity as well (if not better, but I doubt anyone shares that opinion) as the prototype. That's pretty much the only element that had a chance of matching it though. The hair is a little rough, the skin not as porous in texture. The weapons look (and feel, due to the real metal) amazing, as do the basilisk guts. Unlike the first release, whose design I at least loved, I doubt many will looking toward privately commissioning a repaint, although I wouldn't argue with anyone who wanted to "treat" such an impressive sculpt like they have with the recent shield kits and custom capes.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #589
travis
A.I.M.

Damnit....another statue I wanna sleep with
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #590
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Personally, I think her breasts are too big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Blasphemer....SEIZE HIM!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Mod please ban this guy asap!!!!! We cannot have comments like this here.
so true.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote