Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-23-2017, 11:07 AM   #1421
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Fore people who have cancelled CC order. If I were to cancel this, the NRD becomes store credit, correct? Does the store credit have an expiration?
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:44 AM   #1422
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yes store credit.I dont think expires,I put my credit towards breakout.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:10 PM   #1423
Simon25
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I'm really disappointed
Simon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #1424
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon25 View Post
I'm really disappointed
about what? this statue? chronicle? the collectible industry? your kids? your life?
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:08 PM   #1425
Simon25
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Yes, hoped it looks just like the proto! But my number is # 333! So I still hope
Simon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:10 PM   #1426
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Yes, hoped it looks just like the proto! But my number is # 333! So I still hope
Why do think it would look just like the proto? That was never going to happen, close is all we can hope for.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #1427
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I may not be as thrilled with this as I would have liked, but I'm hoping it still displays well. Maybe from now on, instead of showing us pieces painted by the best artists and asking us to pre-order, CC should get a pre-production sample from the factory and then let us order based on that. There still might be complaints about "sharpie dots", but when there's nothing else to compare it to, the critiques may not be as harsh. I think in general it looks pretty good. I have a Horizon model that was modified and professionally painted. To expect that level on this is foolish, but's it's hard not to get really hyped up when you see those proto pics.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:26 PM   #1428
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Maybe some one can comment if they know for sure how it works, but I doubt #333 is the three-hundredth and thirty-third piece produced. I doubt it bears any relationship to #330, if you're hoping you'll get a similar paint job. They all get painted and sit on tables until they are ready for assembly and packing. At some point a #1 is placed on one of them and so forth. Maybe some companies do actually keep track of which piece was picked up and painted first, but that assumes multiple people aren't painting them.

If Chronicle asks for samples from different areas, one between 50 and 100, another between 250 and 300, is that really representative of what is actually happening? Anybody know?
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:45 PM   #1429
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
It's not just that, Alex. I understand you guys did what you could to make the piece as good as possible. However, it's pretty obvious that the paint detailing in the top pic were applied with airbrush(with care) and the one below was applied by paint brush(hard sharp edges, simulate airbrush look can be achieved with paint brush but definitely not here). Factories will never match the proto, absolutely. But the right tool(airbrush) was not used on THIS piece, which took away A LOT away of how the piece should look and hard works you guys went into to get this thing created.

Trust me, I'm very aware that these things don't show well via cell phone pics but it's just a fact that the tools and directions on how they were painted are inconsistent, production piece or not.

I have two ordered and both will be fully repainted either way(one color, one faux bronze). Some of us here are seasoned collectors and knows how to paint and sculpt as well but saying it's only camera and lighting is really surprising to me...
This.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:49 PM   #1430
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Ok soo im not sure why the panic flag went to 100 but its all false panic at this point really. Also the way numbering works on a massed produced scale is usually not in the order produced so number one is not usually the first one made. The status i believe are usually numbered as they are lined up.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote