Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-09-2016, 07:53 AM   #1011
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhauser View Post
Maybe you've got one that had a metal claw mod? I know that the guy who was doing metal claw replacements for the Sideshow Wolverine legendary scale figure also was able to make claws for the Wolvie/Sabretooth dio. With real metal claws that dio would def. be a sweet piece.
I know Warren!
I love the metal claws he makes! He just made a set for a custom 1/4 scale Wolverine I have coming soon.
I'm also going to have most of my wolverines converted by his claws at some point.
It is possible but the claws on my dio aren't shiny like his. maybe I just convinced myself they were metal?
Either way. I love that Diorama. If they aren't metal, they will be at some point.

btw I like your LSF Wolverine conversion avatar photo. Still mad that I missed out on that piece.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:11 AM   #1012
jhauser
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
I know Warren!
I love the metal claws he makes! He just made a set for a custom 1/4 scale Wolverine I have coming soon.
I'm also going to have most of my wolverines converted by his claws at some point.
It is possible but the claws on my dio aren't shiny like his. maybe I just convinced myself they were metal?
Either way. I love that Diorama. If they aren't metal, they will be at some point.

btw I like your LSF Wolverine conversion avatar photo. Still mad that I missed out on that piece.
Nice bro! Yea I forgot his name (Warren). I got the Wolvie LSF metal claws from him way back now. His metal claws for all the various scales (1/6, 1/4, 1/2) that I've seen are pretty awesome.

I was very keen on that Wolvie/Sabretooth dio when I had it. The only complaint being ofc the claws. It would be a great choice to "upgrade".
jhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:46 AM   #1013
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

glad to see everyone excited about this but for me this died with the Hulk,, just not what I was expecting from Canale in terms of Hulks anatomy,, I have the new Hulk PF and the new Wolvie ,, i love PFs with simple bases so I can always mix up displays between characters,, One day Hulk vs Wolvie , next day hulk vs Thor lol
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #1014
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
I think the easiest answer on this is the right one. There were no claw marks on the cover this was based off of, and if they had included claw marks people would have complained.

While the pose of the diorama is clearly inspired by that classic cover I think everyone can agree it's not a direct interpretation. You could even make an argument that Hulk dodged Wolverine's strike on that cover and even if he didn't the part of his body (right side of head/shoulder) aren't visible so signs of impact could be obscured as well. I don't think you can make that same argument that the duo didn't connect with the diorama given the position of both characters. It's no big deal though. I'm not trying to take anything away from this amazing looking piece, it's just something that stood out to me personally from the moment I saw it and would probably bother me slightly if I was buying this.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #1015
Igo
Producer
Producer

The piece was definitely inspired by the cover / a homage to it. Obviously we took liberties to make it our own (like fan art) and to make it work as a statue, but Im really proud with how it came out.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #1016
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
The Wolverine vs Sabretooth diorama is far superior to this diorama.
Both characters are sculpted perfectly. The environmental base is amazing. It's heavy. Perfect paint application. Metal claws. There is also battle damage, on both characters. That is a perfect Dio. The Gore Group can do no wrong in my opinion.

This Hulk vs Wolverine diorama is great because the battle is iconic but I don't think this is the greatest sculpted diorama ever though.
And someone already is talking about Grail status. Relax. Grails don't exist anymore. Everything is obtainable. You just have to pay for it. Those $3,000 Magneto statues aren't moving off eBay. Probably because no statue is worth $3,000. I digress, back to the statue.
Wolverine is sculpted to absolute perfection, I wouldn't expect anything less from Martin and the team. Easily the best when it comes to Wolverine in my opinion.
Hulk's pose is strange and a change of portrait would have been nice.
I agree with whomever said this was a sneak attack. Wolverine is fast and feral so that makes sense that he would just leap into battle un-telegraphed. Hulk however is no loser so he would be fast enough to dodge the initial strike from Wolverine but would be thrown off balance having a solid Adamantium skeleton rocking him unexpectedly. So I understand the pose, I just don't like it at first glance. Maybe in person I will feel different. August 2017 can't come soon enough. This in my opinion is the very beginning of the fight. Battle damage doesn't make sense, to me at least. I don't hate the sculpt on this diorama. I just don't see the perfection a lot of you are seeing. It's great, but not perfect. Definitely got it but if I could have gotten just Wolverine on this one I wouldn't have thought twice. The Hulk isn't giving me that same feeling. I prefer the Hulk PF sculpt with the exclusive portrait to this Hulk. I know they aren't the same scale.
I'm speaking in terms of their designs and portraits.
I'm sure when I get this I will love it. I'm just sharing my opinion based off of seeing this only in photos.
Spot on.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #1017
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

There is no doubt that including body damage on Hulk would have been a nice addition and would have added a bit to the realism of the piece. It doesn't bother me that it isn't there but for those that it does bother, adding it once the piece is in hand shouldn't be too difficult.

With regard to the much revered Wolverine Vs Sabertooth Diorama, I think it's a great piece but being 1:6 scale, it's too small for my taste. Hopefully Sideshow will revisit those two characters in this new 1:5 scale diorama series.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:55 PM   #1018
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Not having battle damage won't stop me from totally enjoying this.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #1019
ob1ob
Birdman

Pre-ordered. Now the year long (or more) wait. I would love a Spider-Man vs Doc Ock or Green Goblin. Or maybe some thing outside of the Marvel universe. Great potential for dioramas from DC or Star Wars
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #1020
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhauser View Post
I had the Wolvie/Sabretooth dio way back and sold it because I didn't find it all that great and I'm a huge Wolvie fan. I mean the sculpt is nice but what irked me I guess about it was that the claws are actually pvc, not metal.
same here it was cool but I was underwhelmed
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote