Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

View Poll Results: Would Batman have a chance if he takes on Superman?
No way! Superman is faster, stronger and much more powerful than Batman. 'Nuff said! 1 50.00%
Absolutely! Batman's genius intellect, thorough preparation and hightech gadgets will help him win. 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Dawn of Justice : Batman v Superman - Armored Batman statue

When elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers.
- African Proverb

Hi guys,

Thank you for checking out my review of the Armored Batman statue based on Batman's appearance in the Dawn of Justice: Batman v Superman movie.
I am not the biggest Batman fan in the world but after watching the movie, I knew I simply had to get this statue.

Please feel free to let me know if my thoughts and views match your own or not.
You are more than welcome to share your comments and opinions about this statue so please do not be shy; I'd really like to hear from you!

Have fun and enjoy!

My Verdict

Manufacturer: DC Collectibles
Heigth: the statue is approximately 12.5 inches tall
Sculptor: James Marsano
Statue number: Limited Edition

Do you know the oldest lie in America, Senator? It's that power can be innocent.
- Lex Luthor; Dawn of Justice: Batman v Superman

Sculpt: 9.5 - Outstanding
A Dark Knight. That’s what Batman is and that’s exactly what you see when you look at this statue.
Batman in arms looking to protect Gotham City the best way he can against any and every danger.
Batman looks great when dressed in his regular costume but the metal gray kevlar armor he is wearing here really makes an incredible impression.
Batman is ready for war and no matter what happens he knows one thing: he will come out on top one way or the other.
What we see here is a man ready to take on a much more powerful opponent in a fight he could never possibly hope to win. Or could he?
We see a man who knows the odds are against him but does not let that knowledge stop him from doing what needs to be done.
That fearless and courageous attitude is reflected in the sculpt.
From the determined and unyielding look on Batman’s face to his incredibly detailed, advanced and solid armor, everything is an homage to the kind of hero
Batman is and what he stands for.
Be prepared, take no chances and get the job done.

I really like the weathered and worn look of Batman’s armor: it has been through some rough times and is slightly dinged and damaged as a result.
It adds to the realism of the piece and makes you realize what a seasoned and experienced fighter Batman is.
Batman’s helmet, his armor, his trademark cape and the many gadgets stored away in the pouches attached to his belt, they all make you understand why Batman is called the caped crusader.
The highly detailed and impressive sculpt shows us not only who Batman is but also what he is and what he stands for.
That sure is no mean feat and the sculptor James Marsano deserves high praise for capturing the essence of Batman in polystone.
It is as if Batman has come to life and is ready to make his next move the moment you look away.Truly a job well done if you ask me!

Paint & Mixed Media: 8.5 - Very impressive
The high score may seem a bit odd at first sight since the overall color scheme chosen for this statue is dark and gray.
The metal gray armor, the black cape, and the dark base create an overall dark picture but IMHO this is fitting of the Dark Knight.
Besides, when looking a bit closer it becomes clear that the paint job on this statue is nothing short of amazing in its very own right.
The gray armor is not bland and boring but contains beautifully painted details like dings and scratches which show that Batman never takes the easy way out
when it comes down to defending the safety of Gotham City and its’ inhabitants.

The armor tells us that Batman is not a man who cuts corners but instead is willing to take the long and hard way home if that’s what it takes to get the job done.
Upon closer inspection, you will also see that the metal gray of Batman’s chain mail differs from the metal gray of his kevlar armor causing a nice contrast in Batman’s appearance
Besides that the paint job has more hidden treasures: the almost lifelike skin color of the lower half of Bruce’s face, the white visors in Batman’s helmet,
the copper colored pouches on Batman’s belt as well as the ornaments of the same color on his boots and gloves, add color and spice to the overall look.
Last but not least a special note should be made with regards to Batman’s cape. It’s made of a very nice, soft cloth and the great thing is that the cape
is poseable so you can more or less customize the flow and look of the cape.
That’s a great touch adding some bonus points to an already great statue.

Design: Design: 8.0 - Impressive
If you would compare a statue with a building, the sculpture would be walls and bricks of the building whereas the design would be the building plan,
the drawing of the building.
A great looking building will be based on a great design and I believe that for statues this is no different.
The design of this statue is solid and it lays the foundations which allows the sculpture to shine.
For starters I really like Batman’s pose in which only his right foot is placed on the base. It adds movement and dynamics to the statue as well as a certain tension.
It is as if you feel something is about to happen any moment now in Batman’s quest to bring Superman to justice… the next step which Bruce takes could be a fateful one.
I also like the design of the base which refers to both Batman as well as Superman and is based on the art used for the movie posters.

The base is small but the small size is not a disadvantage but rather an advantage since it emphasizes the movement of Batman and adds a unique touch to the statue.
Besides that I also like the pose of Batman’s arms and his two closed fists: Batman is on the warpath and he is ready to take on everything and everyone
who dares to stand in his way. The man means business and he is going to get the job done one way or the other.
It’s really cool to see the drive, anger and determination of Batman being caught so impressively in the design.

Last but not least I want to give special praise to the awesome design of Batman’s armor. It looks advanced, high-tech, effective and highly protective.
The armor looks like it can take Batman safely through World War 3 and by the looks of it, it is undoubtedly one of the highlights of the R&D-facility led by Lucius Fox.
One of the characteristics of Batman is his use of high-tech gadgets and this armor is a beautiful example of that.

Production & Build Quality: 8.0 - Impressive
This statue is solid and sturdy and will be a proud part of your collection for many, many years when you treat it with a little TLC and common sense.
There is nothing flimsy about this statue (though I would still recommend to treating the statue with care!), it has a reassuring weight to it
and it really is built to stand the test of time.
What I really like is the fact that there are two round pegs instead of one underneath Batman’s right foot.
Due to this Batman can only be placed in one position on the base.
(the two pegs prevent you from changing the angle in which Batman is placed on the base).
This may limit your display options but on the other hand, the fixed angle in which Batman is placed on the base looks great and it makes for a very firm connection.
The cape can be posed any way you like giving you the option to personalize the way you display the Dark Knight.
All-in-all this statue will definitely not disappoint but is, in fact, a good bang for your hard earned bucks.

That's how it starts. The fever... the rage... the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men cruel.
- Alfred; Dawn of Justice: Batman v Superman

Overall rating: 8.5 - Very impressive
As a collector and a fan you probably have many fine statues in your collections. Statues which perhaps once were or still are, a hype, statues which are considered to
be a grail or statues which you simple like for one reason or the other.
Whether or not you will like this statue I cannot say; that's up to you and I hope to hear from you why you like the statue or not.
What I can say though is that this statue is definitely worth a look and is absolutely worth considering if you would like to have a great Batman statue in your collection
or in case you simply liked the movie Batman v Superman.
The statue is superbly sculpted, and it has a righteous paint job on top of that. The cape can be positioned to your liking and the statue is built to last.
If all of that does not add up to a very impressive and desirable statue then what does?
Definitely recommended; this statue is a keeper!

Background Information

Dark Knight. Caped Crusader. World’s Greatest Detective. Whatever you know him as, wherever you know him from—the blockbuster movies,
TV shows, video games, cartoons, or millions of comics—Batman is proof you don’t need superpowers to be a superhero
… and the poster boy for what a bad childhood can do to you.
Bruce Wayne, American billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, and owner of Wayne Enterprises, was just a kid when he watched his parents
Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne get gunned down during a mugging in Gotham City.
The crime would define his life, as he dedicated himself to becoming the world’s greatest weapon against crime—the Batman.

Forget his Batarangs, Batmobile, or Utility Belt filled with high-tech weapons.
Batman is the most feared superhero of all, because he’s pushed himself to the absolute pinnacle of human achievement.
He’s a brilliant detective who’s mastered fighting techniques the world’s barely heard of.
An Olympic-caliber athlete with a plan for every occasion, Batman’s seemingly always five steps ahead of his foes.
But in his crusade against injustice, two questions always loom: How far will he go to protect the innocent, and will he sacrifice his humanity along the way?

Abilities

Unlike most superheroes, Batman does not possess any superpowers; rather, he relies on his genius intellect, physical prowess,
exceptional martial arts abilities, brilliant detective skills, advanced science and technology, inexhaustible wealth, intimidation,
and indomitable will to overcome all odds and keep Gotham City safe.

Abilities
• Genius-level intellect
• Peak human physical and mental conditioning
• Expert martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant
• Expert detective
• Utilizes high-tech equipment and weapons

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:03 PM   #2
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I'm digging Batman. I'm digging that balance, that duality.
He's always on the edge and trying to balance himself within the rules of what's lawful and justice, and being Bruce Wayne and being Batman.

- Ziggy Marley

Rainer
Old 03-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #3
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason.
My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all...
They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to.

- Batman; Dawn of Justice: Batman v Superman

Rainer
Old 03-16-2017, 05:08 PM   #4
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

You're not brave... men are brave. You say that you want to help people,
but you can't feel their pain... their mortality...
It's time you learn what it means to be a man.

- Batman; Dawn of Justice: Batman v Superman

Rainer
Old 03-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #5
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

He's clearly a man with a mission, but it's not one of vengeance.
Bruce is not after personal revenge ... He's much bigger than that;
he's much more noble than that. He wants the world to be a better place,
where a young Bruce Wayne would not be a victim ...
In a way, he's out to make himself unnecessary.
Batman is a hero who wishes he didn't have to exist.

― Frank Miller, Batman: Year One

Rainer
Old 03-16-2017, 05:14 PM   #6
risingstar
Jedi Order

That's a nice looking piece!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:20 AM   #7
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero.
He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.
A dark knight.

- Jim Gordon

Rainer
Old 03-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #8
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Endure, Master Wayne. Take it.
They'll hate you for it, but that's the point of Batman, he can be the outcast.
He can make the choice that no one else can make, the right choice.

- Alfred Pennyworth

Rainer
Old 03-22-2017, 10:35 AM   #9
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

The night is darkest just before the dawn.
And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

- Harvey Dent

Rainer
Old 03-22-2017, 10:44 AM   #10
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I am vengeance, I am the night, I am Batman.
- Batman cartoon

Rainer