Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 03-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #21
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I feel your pain, my Perez Avengers page was left out in the monsoon in the drive way and was completely soaked through.
whoa this was a cheap piece and not harmed, I would have went medieval on my mailman if they had done that, I am lucky I am friendly with my mail lady so she will come to my door and ring the bell and wait till I come and get it. I also have a giant sized mailbox so most stuff can fit in it and keep it out of the weather. When I lived in Fla I had a box at a mailboxes inc that I had all my stuff delivered to so that it was safe they use to call me and be like " Lee come get all your stuff we can't move around in the store LOL at that point in time I was getting on average 50-60 packages a week easily. I miss the ladies there they would want me to open stuff so they could see what new batgoodies I had gotten in LOL
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #22
benocehcap
Kindly Asked To Leave

a seal of quality...
benocehcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #23
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Ouch! So, what's the scoop behind that? Apparently, you were unable to be home and bring it in before the point of destruction? Also, why the hell did they leave it in the driveway?!?
It was raining the entire day, a complete down poor. The seller did not insure so, I'm sure he thought "I won't get in trouble". We got about 5 inches of rain that day and when I confronted him, he said it wasn't raining when he dropped it off.... argh...
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:57 AM   #24
patrickwm68
The Flash

UPS is just as bad. I've caught my UPS driver throwing my packages at my front door from a good 10 feet away. He's left them out in my driveway, he's left them on top of my bushes, or sometimes he just lays them over the fence all because he's too lazy to bring them up to my door.

When I caught him throwing the packages I called UPS and complained and he stopped doing it.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #25
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
It was raining the entire day, a complete down poor. The seller did not insure so, I'm sure he thought "I won't get in trouble". We got about 5 inches of rain that day and when I confronted him, he said it wasn't raining when he dropped it off.... argh...
Shenanigans!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:48 AM   #26
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Everyone has a horror story about package deliveries. I've had the large package "hidden" in bushes. Also, the no notice in mailbox but on the door to blow away (in winter no less) only to find the package behind the house almost completely covered in snow. The best (worst) is probably FedEx with what seemed like a knife cut through a box, bubblewrap, and into a book...I stick with USPS and UPS. Best to know your drivers a bit and just hope they don't have an Ace Ventura Pet Detective moment.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #27
Frank
Death is hereditary.

The boot print, that is priceless. What a bunch of douche nozzles!

I've been having my own headache with USPS. We moved into a new house in Nov and have barely received any mail, not even ads! I've order 3 commissions since then and heard back from all 3 artists that the art was returned.

So I call my local hub and they first tell me that my address is wrong and tell me I live on a street that doesn't exist! Then the next time they tell me there was a lock on the account as "construction site". And finally the last call made on Monday to them I was told "oh, your address was deleted from our system"

It's no wonder you are billions in debt and everyone hates!
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #28
khazano
A day without sunshine is like... night.

My only horror story is from 2002 when the Ultimates first came out. I bought this really nice splash of Thor coming down from the sky. It arrived sandwhiched between two THICK pieces of masonite. The only problem being both parts of masonite had the top ends which had been snapped off like they were brittle twigs. Thankful the artwork missed being touched by about an inch. (Ironically the artwork did have a fold on it that happened during production of the actual art that was not mentioned when I bought the page.)

On the flip side, around that same time, I spent the most I had ever spent (at that point) on a Mcguinness two page splash from a collector in France whom mailed it ground mail in a plain envelope. Thats it. How the artwork arrived two months later in my mail box unharmed after traveling the world via foot and boat is beyond me.
khazano is offline   Reply With Quote