Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-17-2016, 06:12 AM   #321
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yeah, I dunno about that. Felicity is simply awful. She drags the whole series down, and as has for some time now. Legends of Tomorrow is pretty cheesy and while The Flash is easily the best of the bunch it's still a bit overly melodramatic. Comparing the complete DC TV world to 2 DC films is pretty slanted. Let's check back after Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman for a more balanced evaluation.
Flash + Arrow crossover was better than Batman v Superman.

I am excited for Suicide Squad. Even at the start of the year, it caught my attention more than BvS. They got the Squad right in Arrow and Assault on Arkham animated movie. Here's hoping for 3 straight.

And yeah, way too much Felicity. Small doses as an ancillary character were fine. Soon as she was pulled to the foreground, it infected the whole tone of the show.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:41 AM   #322
abarron
Batman

I though that the last episode of season 4 would have made a really good last ever episode.

The quality of the show isn't what it used to be and with the disbanding of team arrow I really though that would have been a good place to leave it.

Just hope season 5 is a return to form
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:53 PM   #323
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

My wife is such a fan of this show. For me, The first two seasons were the best. Now, I just want it to end. It has become a convoluted mess.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:22 PM   #324
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
My wife is such a fan of this show. For me, The first two seasons were the best. Now, I just want it to end. It has become a convoluted mess.
I liked it best when it was mainly Arrow and Roy going around. It got crazy at one point when like 10 people were hanging out in their base.

Sarah was also great in the show, never cared for Laurel being the Canary. Sarah was so much better.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:07 AM   #325
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
I liked it best when it was mainly Arrow and Roy going around. It got crazy at one point when like 10 people were hanging out in their base.

Sarah was also great in the show, never cared for Laurel being the Canary. Sarah was so much better.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:45 PM   #326
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post

I think there are way too many characters. For starters they never should have had Thea. The mom was fine because she eventually got killed off, but Thea was not really necessary. Diggle is another unnecessary character, they should have just brought Roy in sooner and kept him around instead. Felicity should have been kept in a smaller role and never been turned into a love interest. They should have named the Sarah character Laurel and never created the Laurel character. They added too many characters and then had to create separate support characters for those support characters. It's no wonder the show took a dive. I'm beginning to worry that Flash is starting to go down that same route.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:04 PM   #327
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

exactly how I feel and I agree I see Flash headed down the same path unfortunately.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:52 PM   #328
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Arrow just got good again. Great episode with Prometheus!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:07 PM   #329
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
exactly how I feel and I agree I see Flash headed down the same path unfortunately.
Yup- TBH honest, with the upswing in quality for Arrow S5, the Flash is my least favorite show in the Berlantiverse
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:57 AM   #330
abarron
Batman

Just seen that Arrow has been renewed for season six
Unless the second half of season 5 starts picking up think I won't catching it
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote