Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-14-2016, 07:17 PM   #181
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I have to watch the segment of the killers seated at the table over again, that went by so fast as they claimed credit for all of the kills they did.

For a split second, I am pretty sure Taylor showed an emotion, I think it was rage.

Still not sure if Brock didn't kill Chad.

One of these 3 questions was definitely answered in the coming attractions for the finale.
didnt Wes say he killed Chad?

I remembered from last season that Hester was Wes' daughter and Graces half sister, I was wondering if they were going to mention that in the episode and im glad they did. I guess Hester took her murderous personality from her father

I still dont get why Wes killed himself? did you guys catch what he said before he took the oil bath? I couldnt catch his last words

i lol'd at brock and hester hooking up. Considering Hester has really only killed one person she is the least murderous of the bunch of killers

also lmao'd when it was revealed that brock and cassidey were helping chanel and chanel#3 cheat on the test, and chanel#5 actually passed it legit and scored higher than both doctors! hahaha

when I watch this show I never see previews for the next week, but I read the preview for next week showed Denise alive and well!

so is the next episode the last episode of the season then?
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:21 PM   #182
johnclone
The Enchantress

and so this is it, the final episode of the season is upon us, or the final curtain of the show itself?

I was hoping ever since Chad's death that we'd at least get to see how it all went down, what his final words were, did he do something funny, etc. So I was hoping that even though Wes said he did kill Chad, that maybe he was lying and it was still Dr Brock. I dunno, I feel like the whole "death of Chad" thing is unfinished somehow. Dammit I feel cheated lol. I felt similar with Chamberlain, it was actually disappointing to see him get killed.

I thought Wes mentioned something about feeling no pain before they pushed him in, which of course is not what happened when he landed in the scalding hot acid vat, or whatever exactly that was.

The test scene was funny, I liked the whole idea of a daytime tv surgery too. And the coffee cups scene, lol. You knew what would happen immediately when you saw Dr Lovin or whatever Brooke Shield's character's name was, walking in with her own cup, it was fun to see it play out. Oh, and the title "Lovin the D" ha.

Chanel #3 winking to Cassidey while he is dressed as the GM showed how completely self absorbed and unfeeling she really is as she knows her boyfriend is a killer of all these people and she's fine with it, and then when she was told that Zayday never came home her reply, "Zayday lives with us?" was perfectly her.

I'm still unsure if tonight is a single hour or a double like last year. My instincts are telling me that the viewership isn't there this season, too bad if it is not renewed, I really enjoy the show and would love to see what these characters do next.

Well, it won't be long now....
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:20 AM   #183
strife87
Spider-Ham

All in all, not a bad send off to the season but was not what I was expecting with Dean munsch getting cured that way.

Was nice to see something nice happen for 5 with the mcat results, good for her.
Like what happened with Hester and Holt, that was a cool little twist i wasn't expecting.

Fully expected Denise to save the day but honestly that whole final scene was just a bit anticlimactic for me in the basement.

Did anything ever happen with the esrun nurse that i missed somehow or did that just not go anywhere?

Last glimpse with chanel in the car was cool though, same as the end of season 1. Maybe some foreshadowing if there's a season three.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:33 PM   #184
johnclone
The Enchantress

SPOILERS

If you saw the preview last week you knew that Denise was in this episode, and with 15 min left to go and things looking bad it was pretty obvious that she'd be back to save the day, so congratulations to FOX for spoiling the end. If I hadn't seen the preview maybe I would have been a bit surprised, but then again maybe not because of how Denise's cryo-chamber was turned off by Hoffle so we would have known that it was now or never for her to revive.

That aside, I enjoyed how she came to the rescue and deactivated the bomb essentially by pure dumb luck. Also I thought the end of Hoffle was very good.

I hope that I'm wrong, but I think this was probably the end of the series, so I'm glad that most everything was tied up and resolved. Cassidy's death was good, and I liked how people were criticizing how he jumped in front of the flying machete instead of just pushing #3 out of the way.

Brock running off to Blood Island with Hester was strange, random, but then again that is what this show has been. I do have some objections to the great doctor Brock suddenly deciding to hunt people for sport, but whatever. Lea Michele was brilliant as Hester throughout the season though I'm not sure how she got out of the cell at first.

This season didn't have that many twists exactly, the killers were pretty much who you'd expect. I guess the big surprise was Wes. But it isn't like anyone was shocked that he had become a killer. Maybe going back and watching season 1 will be more shocking after knowing what he does in season 2. His killing of Chamberlain was a pretty big moment of surprise in this season, and then when Wes was killed, I remember hoping that he and Cassidy would toss Nurse Hoffle into the acid but no, he was the one who Cassidy doublecrossed.

I don't think the Esrun guy had much purpose in the series except to provide some backstory. I remember we thought we were going to get all these clues starting with him, maybe they just needed something to take up some spare time in the first few episodes, but once they got Hester out of the cell I don't think we got any more of her clues. Things like the green glow of the swamp water, the fact that the GM always had it under his feet like he lived in the swamp, I guess there wasn't a whole lot to those "clues" other than the water of the swamp is combustible. And I'm still not sure about why none of the GM could kill Zayday, except that Cassidy may have had some brewing conflict in him.

The comedy was definitely better written in season 1, this season had some good zingers but not like last season where every other line made me lol.

This season was more random than season 1, I did really enjoy that though. It was very entertaining, and I find these shows highly rewatchable even after knowing all of the secrets, actually that is what makes rewatching them more fun, knowing who the bad guys are already. I'd definitely get both seasons on DVD to binge watch some weekend.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:52 PM   #185
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

well the S2 journey has come to an end!

based on how things finished im not convinced there will be a season 3 unfortunately

I agree with johnclone that season1 was a lot funnier, maybe due to having chad and denise in all the episodes

I felt a lot of the comedy in S2 was a little over the top and borderline slapstick, while the comedy in S1 was genuinely hilarious

I felt this last episode was a bit weak, I dont understand brock and hester running off together lol brock never killed anyone yet hester convinced him hes a killer, and in reality she herself has only killed one person

the killer reveals were not as well done as in S1 unfortunately but were still pretty good. It was nice to see Denise back even if just for a bit.

all in all the season was pretty enjoyable, but ill be surprised to see if the show is picked up for a season 3, i'd have no idea where they would go with the series now based on what happens in the finale

it was cool seeing the red devil again in the last scene with chanel, but to me that doesnt feel like a lead in to a possible S3 it kind of just seems like a cliff hanger to end the series...
Old 01-19-2017, 09:38 PM   #186
johnclone
The Enchantress

Will there be a third season of “Scream Queens?”

Following a sophomore season of declining overnight ratings, TV journalists asked Fox executives about the future status of “Scream Queens” at the Television Critics Association press tour.

Speaking to reporters, including Variety, at the Wednesday event in Pasadena, Calif., Fox’s Gary Newman and David Madden gave a slight update on the horror comedy anthology series. Though they didn’t say whether or not “Scream Queens” would be back for a third season, the execs did tell press members that they are happy with the show and its young demo.

“It’s very much still in consideration for a renewal,” Madden told Variety and a small group of reporters. “The ratings don’t tell the whole story; because it’s such a young audience, you can’t really even see the full picture even in L+3.”

Earlier in the morning at TCA, the execs similarly announced that they have not yet made any decisions on renewals for “Pitch” or “The Exorcist.”

Speaking to the small cluster of reporters, Newman added: “Like ‘Pitch’ and ‘The Exorcist,’ we’re not going to make any decisions until later this year. Obviously, we would have loved to have seen it do bigger numbers. The delayed viewing is there. It reaches a hard-to-reach younger audience, which we like, but we’re just going to have to see what our needs are when we get closer to May.”

In its first season, “Scream Queens” was set in the college Greek system with the main characters being sorority girls. The second season, which wrapped last month, was set in a hospital and the medical setting was an effort to expand the bubblegum show’s audience to a larger pool of viewers, both male and female. The final episode closed out with 1.38 million viewers overnight and a 0.5 rating in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic.

Ryan Murphy’s strong relationship with Fox could give “Scream Queens” an edge to land a third season. The mega-producer is also behind the studio’s “American Horror Story,” the critically-acclaimed “American Crime Story” and the hotly anticipated anthology “Feud,” all at FX.

“Scream Queens” stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Emma Roberts, Lea Michele, Abigail Breslin, Keke Palmer, Billie Lourd, Glen Powell and Niecy Nash. New to Season 2 were John Stamos, Taylor Lautner, James Earl and Kirstie Alley.

taken from Variety website

Oh man, I would so love to have a third season. Granted, season 1 was better, but still enjoyed season 2.
"Obvi" Kirstie Alley wouldn't be in season 3, nor would Taylor, or James. For that matter, also don't expect Brooke Shields to be showing up anytime. As for Stamos, I enjoyed him as Dr Brock, but if the show does what it did again, and moves the setting to a new location, I'd think Dr Brock served his time and they need to think up another character.

The core of the show has always been the three Chanels. As long as they keep them together, their adventures can go on and on. And as we saw in the season 2 finale, a TV studio lot might be just perfect for the next location of wackiness and mayhem. Zayday and maybe even Grace should show up too. Zayday is the (only?) voice of calm reason in the show, she doesn't get a lot of humorous lines, but she plays an important part.

Although, I wouldn't mind Hester returning, but I do see some writing conflicts if they brought her back for a third season. By now, wouldn't the Chanels be very untrusting of her? Wouldn't they stay as far away from her as possible? Munsch (Remember the whole reason why she started up the hospital again is to cure herself of a rare disease that it turns out she didn't even have!) has to be in it, no matter where they wind up she can have some bizarre, ridiculous convoluted explanation for why she is there. And the same goes for Denise. RIP Chad snif snif.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:02 PM   #187
johnclone
The Enchantress

So I got season 1 on DVD, even though I know all of the mysteries and secrets it is still very watchable. There's this weird theme in the first few episodes that Chad is turned on by dead bodies. The dialogue is so funny. I've watched 3 episodes so far, including the 90 min series premiere episode.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:32 PM   #188
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

nice JC! it will be interesting to see if the show is picked up for a third season, and if so who will return and what it will be about
Old 01-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #189
strife87
Spider-Ham

Thanks for posting the interview jc, it's cool to hear this still has a possibility for a third season. I just saw yesterdaythat season one was on dvd so I'll be picking it up soon to relive all the fun.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:21 AM   #190
johnclone
The Enchantress

Terrible News!

"Scream Queens" has officially been cancelled by Fox.