Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Nightwing vs Bullseye
Bullseye 26 54.17%
Nightwing 22 45.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #41
risingstar
Jedi Order

Just because Mr. Grayson doesn't have a killer's code doesn't necessarily make him weak or vulnerable to the more deranged heroes and villains out there. He has more street experience than any hero his age, probably in general. He'd been battling whackos since he was 12 and has very much lived to tell the tale. He's been trained by the best and better yet, isn't burdened by all that anger and obsession which I think, makes him more firmly grounded than just about any character in either Marvel or DC.

Nightwing could beat Bullseye, Daredevil, Elektra, Black Widow, Punisher, Gambit and most other lower level super powered characters. Nightwing is probably among the most natural fighters in any universe.

To be honest, the fight I'd like to see is Nightwing vs Captain America. Sure, Cap would get a slight edge and would likely win, however, it would certainly be a great battle. Nightwing's greatest advantage, I find, is everyone's incessant underestimation of his abilities.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #42
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

[QUOTE=twoferflinchin;2218153]You're kidding, right? You're telling me that the folks on that list have no chance at beating Batman? Granted, some have a lesser chance than others, but any one of them could beat Batman under the right circumstances ("prep time", I believe, is the term you Bat-Fans use and abuse, allowing you to believe that Bats can beat anybody & everybody.) Apparently, your information regarding said characters (including Batman, I'm guessing), is severely lacking.

Posters like this crack me up. If they disagree with an answer (to a comic vs. thread, no less), they resort to insults, to draw attention away from the fact that they have nothing of substance to add. Congrats, sir, on creating the most immature post I've read in quite a while.[/QUOTE]

Immature is thinking that Elektra could be worthy of holding Batman's jockstrap. My knowledge of all the characters you listed is good. I'm well versed in both universes and no one listed is going to beat Batman. Put Cap in the mix and I'll make it a coin flip, but from what you listed. Nadda!

Lighten up man, I was messing with you! Some of you limited posters are very irritable!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #43
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Bullseye has beaten DD, and in the food chain, I think DD beats Nightwing.
Ditto
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #44
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Nightwing could beat Bullseye, Daredevil, Elektra, Black Widow, Punisher, Gambit and most other lower level super powered characters. Nightwing is probably among the most natural fighters in any universe.

To be honest, the fight I'd like to see is Nightwing vs Captain America. Sure, Cap would get a slight edge and would likely win, however, it would certainly be a great battle. Nightwing's greatest advantage, I find, is everyone's incessant underestimation of his abilities.
When did Nightwing become the best fighter in the DCU? I hear this all the time about different DC heroes. Sometimes its Batman, sometimes its Batgirl, sometimes it's Shiva, sometimes its Connor Hawke, sometimes it's Richard Dragon, etc., etc. This seems to shift (suspiciously...) depending on who we're talking about in any given VS thread.

Man...you stop paying attention to the Bat-universe for a while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur.

These VS threads get complicated because writers tend to want to make star "X" the "best" at something to heighten the drama. Trouble is, then you end up with six or seven "bests", and debates like these get a little muddy. (And DC is hardly alone in this--Marvel is equally guilty. And to be fair, the Cap-faithful are probably about as stubborn as the Bat-faithful in all this, because there's no freakin' way that Nightwing beats Cap, even if Steve has dysentery, lost his shield, and is currently dead.)
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #45
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

I'm a Batman fan and not a DD fan and I still say without a doubt Bullseye
twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #46
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinzs View Post
I'm a Batman fan and not a DD fan and I still say without a doubt Bullseye

Nice try! The I'm a fan of the one and not the other argument never works for me. Batman is smarter, a better fighter and has the belt. Bullseye IMO just doesn't have the tools to do the job.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #47
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Nice try! The I'm a fan of the one and not the other argument never works for me. Batman is smarter, a better fighter and has the belt. Bullseye IMO just doesn't have the tools to do the job.
I meant to say that Bullseye could take out Nightwing not Batman. I can see where I popped in now that it would seem like I meant Bulls could take out the Bat. What I was saying was my knowledge leans in the direction of Nightwing not Bullseye and I could see Bullseye winning
twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #48
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Are we not talking about Nightwing?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #49
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Also Bullseye will go the distance with regard to killing someone. Something Batman does not appear to ever do.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #50
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Also Bullseye will go the distance with regard to killing someone. Something Batman does not appear to ever do.
True; more importantly, Bullseye doesn't have the tendency to play with his food, so to speak. He's been known to just pull an Indiana-Jones-and-the-Swordsman play, and up and kill someone without all the drama beforehand. That's tough to defend from, especially considering Bullseye's accuracy.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote