Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 07-30-2015, 09:54 PM   #21
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The lead actress in the SyFy show Dark Matter would be a stronger choice I think. She's puts in a better performance than anything I've seen Olivia Munn in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
yes, I know they both have a parent who is Asian, but JMO that you wouldn't be able to tell that by looking at Munn
I remember some people couldn't tell back when she was on whatever that bad show was called. I could though. I think there was a joke that the X-Men 3 director or someone said about how she changed her name early on so people wouldn't think she was Asian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
What does "ninja shape" mean? She's lean. Plus I'm sure they'll use a stunt person for the really hard stuff like Hollywood does for most actors.

Aaron seems to approve.
http://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-apoca...ia-munn-sword/
Ninja shape is as close to a real life Psylocke as possible. She doesn't have to be like Michelle Lewin who is a similar height but also a professional fitness model. But she could be closer than what I'm seeing. Maybe she is training. I don't know. She looks the same to me. I just see her spinning a sword and talking about getting into the costume. And when I saw her spinning the sword I just thought about that scene from Raiders...

I would be surprised if she is even at 50% of what Jessica Biel was during Blade 3. And you know what would have been both geeky and cool? Instead of talking about the costume and spinning a sword, if she was in a gym and did one of those Psylocke versus screen combos right before a battle in the X-Men Children of the Atom game. Perhaps ended it with a victory pose. Capcom did style her after Jim Lee's artwork. Also, I believe the blue costume first appeared in Jim Lee's X-Men #1. But all this is jumping ahead. We'll see what she does in the movie. I just hope she turns in a better performance as Psylocke than what we received for Storm...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #22
kikoken
Shadowhawk

her fighting skills seem pretty good to me!

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/02...ighting-skills
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:26 AM   #23
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

LOL. The movie world has it's version of pro-footballs armchair quarterbacks in couch potato directors.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #24
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Olivia Munn has Aaron Rodgers...does that count as armchair double check quarterback?
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:29 PM   #25
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Olivia Munn has Aaron Rodgers...does that count as armchair double check quarterback?
who??
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #26
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
LOL. The movie world has it's version of pro-footballs armchair quarterbacks in couch potato directors.
um i have no idea what this means but i'm British so i guess thats why?
Old 08-03-2015, 12:57 PM   #27
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikoken View Post
um i have no idea what this means but i'm British so i guess thats why?
Arm Chair Quarterback: some d-bag who is certain that he or she can make better decisions than the coaches or players while watching a competitive sport on television.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #28
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Arm Chair Quarterback: some d-bag who is certain that he or she can make better decisions than the coaches or players while watching a competitive sport on television.
Ah ok cheers mate
Old 08-09-2015, 09:04 AM   #29
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hot Toys makes great statues, but the female figures I have seen are hugely unimpressive. Its something about the eyes that just kills it for me. Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, and even the new Pepper Potts all have that same problem. Their faces just look off to me. Its a shame too because they clearly have the ability to make some killer pieces.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:54 PM   #30
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Hot Toys makes great statues, but the female figures I have seen are hugely unimpressive. Its something about the eyes that just kills it for me. Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, and even the new Pepper Potts all have that same problem. Their faces just look off to me. Its a shame too because they clearly have the ability to make some killer pieces.
Most of the females have a deer-in-headlights look. I don't think my CAtwoman is too bad though, but I have her displayed with the goggles down anyways.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote