Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #301
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
With sideshow statue you will have a 50 % chance to have a piece of s**t and 50 % chance to have a flawless piece....well if you like gambling with a thousand dollars its perfect for you!🤣🤣🤣They need to get their act together because now i am only use them to order prime 1 statues...Sideshow statue is too much risky imo these day and not the same as before...
Prime 1 for me...

Harley Quinn - flawless
Spiderman 2099 - two messed up capes
Antivenom - flawless
Wonder Woman 1/2 - broken skirt (been over 3 months and my replacement hasn't arrived yet)
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #302
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

^ Same the 1st Prime 1 piece I got my statue had 2 paint chips and the base had tons of sprinkled white dots on it. It felt cheap also compared to my XM studios pieces.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:48 AM   #303
SolomonGrumpy
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
With sideshow statue you will have a 50 % chance to have a piece of s**t and 50 % chance to have a flawless piece....well if you like gambling with a thousand dollars its perfect for you!������They need to get their act together because now i am only use them to order prime 1 statues...Sideshow statue is too much risky imo these day and not the same as before...
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this... I've only ordered 4 statues from SS, so I may not have as much experience with them as others here, but my dealings with them thus far have been more than positive.

For example, the first statue I ordered was the Alien Internecivus Raptus and while the base was awesome, I was not very impressed with the Alien. He had a major lean to the right as well as a few paint issues. Sideshow gave me my money back for that one.

Next was the Deadpool Heatseeker PF. It arrived to me in flawless condition, then a few days later my 3yr old nephew broke it... I contacted SS and told them exactly what happened. To my surprise, even though the fault was mine, they replaced it for me and also paid for shipping both ways.

So with that said Sideshow has my full support as a customer.
SolomonGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:39 AM   #304
TB-303
Fantastic Four

Thumbs down

Sideshow "support" plays on time. Everything takes forever. That's why I post my experience here now.

In the hole of the base for the leg of my Lady Deadpool statue is very much dirt / resin leftovers. So the body simply does not fit deep enough in the base. She still looks out about 0.5 cm and wobbles around. Incredibly lousy quality for so much money!

TB-303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:11 AM   #305
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Contact sideshow. In the 10 years I’ve been collecting, they’ve always responded within a day and had my problem dealt with. Easily the best customer support in the business.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:47 AM   #306
TB-303
Fantastic Four

My experience is different. I contacted Sideshow about this quality issue for the first time over two weeks ago.

Responses almost always take several days. So far only a lot of blah blah from them. But nothing has come of substance yet.

The defective statue is still standing here.
And of course the replacement was not shipped yet.
TB-303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #307
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Contact sideshow. In the 10 years I’ve been collecting, they’ve always responded within a day and had my problem dealt with. Easily the best customer support in the business.
sorry... but not my experience. Definitely NOT the best and the „replacement manager“ is incompetent. Thats my experience.
I helped myself cause they are offering ONLY A ONE WAY return instead of replacement and that’s not ok for a Non-US customer with all the tax return trouble and lost of shipping cost!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #308
Bakelite
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Contacted sideshow after my premium format Sabretooth started peeling paint on the inner thigh/crotch area, and was told they could do nothing. To keep out of direct sunlight and in a non-humid room, which I already do. That was it, essentially tough luck. It was my first and favorite piece since Sabretooth is my favorite, but oh well I guess.
Bakelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:35 PM   #309
built2shred
Phoenix

Anyone getting a bulge on the bottom of the base for the Mythos Darth Maul? It's making my statue wobble now... I'm not sure what would cause the bottom to bulge like that, you can't push it back in either, it's weird..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:11 AM   #310
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Do you think it could be the thin plastic piece with the statue info printed on it starting to separate from the base? Possibly from not being glued down good enough? I’ve had that happen on a few statues. It’s like an air bubble between them that eventually warps the plastic.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote