Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-07-2018, 06:34 PM   #6661
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Did someone say it broke at the arm, or just that it broke?

This is just the proto, anyway. Doesn’t mean the production pieces won’t be engineered much better.
That’s why I’m asking for clarity.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:55 AM   #6662
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Thank you Alex!

Hey, with all these new awesome modern renditions of the avengers like Cap, Thor, Black widow, etc... Think we’ll ever get a cool modern comic iron man Premium Format (or 1/4 scale at least)? You can respond, I can keep a secret!
I really don't know if a 1/4 scale Comic Iron Man is in the pipeline or not right now. The last Iron Man piece I new was coming was the recently released 1/5 Scale Iron Man Extremis Mark II Statue. That said, I can't imagine that a comic Iron Man in 1/4 Scale is out of the realm of possibilities at some point in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
Hi Alex,

Any news you can share with us about the Mr. Freeze PF? Will it be shown at NYCC?
Mr. Freeze is coming along, just was't a piece that was able to be done in time for NYCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
Hi Alex! Are there any forefront plans for further Rogue One Premium Format Figs like Director Krennic, the Shore Troopers, or any of the other undone heroes? Thanks!
At the time, there are no more Rogue One pieces being planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintproduction View Post
Hi Alex, is there any plans for a movie based Spiderman PF?
There are no plans for a movie Spider-Man PF right now.

Quote:
Hello,

I just wanted to say the art direction of the new Thor PF is amazing. Please tell the team to pump out these modern but classic looks for characters, in meuseum quality action poses!
Thank you! I will pass along your kind words to the right folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, SSAlex.I just want to ask, can you confirm when the new Juggernaut maquette will be fully revealed? Cheers!
It should get a full reveal sometime before the end of this year. *crossing fingers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Hi Alex,

Any chance that there will be a variant Wolverine 1/1 Bust? Perhaps X-Force costume to go with Deadpool?

Thanks !
I'm not aware of a variant Wolverine 1:1 Bust at this point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
Hey Alex,

When are we likely to see new reveals for X-Men characters that will be coming after Juggy and Cable?
Most likely not until 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
It would be nice to have a Jim Lee version of Storm. I'm guessing Sideshow can do one as well as XM.
I can certainly pass along your request!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Hi Alex, Hope you have been doing well. Can you tell us if SSC has any plans to do Iron Fist and the remaining Defenders to accompany Daredevil PF? Thanks!
No plans for Iron Fist that I'm aware of, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinema View Post
With the recent run of X-Characters being produced.....are there any plans for a fully sculpted Colossus to pair up with Wolvie or Juggs?

Just take the Colossus from the X-men Dio and make that 1/4 scale please. Thank you.
Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to say what future X-Men pieces are in the works. I can only say that more are coming down the pipeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Are there x-force variants planned for either psylocke or x-23 pf's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
HI Alex

Will we get another COTD Premium Format PO before the year is out? Specifically hoping for Poxxil.

Thanks

DGK
There is supposed to be another COTD PF up for Pre-Order before the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
* Site feature request

Hi SideShow,

Could you please add the following feature to your site?
- As a logged-in user, I want to favorite statues so that I can keep a list of the statues I want to pre-order/order in my account when I'm ready to do so.

If that feature is implemented, than a follow-up feature would be:
- As a logged-in user, I want to be notified if a statue in my favorite list is low-stock so that I can prioritize ordering statues if possible.

Thank you!
These are all ideas that are currently in the works and we hope to have implemented sometime next year on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hello alex, any chance - any chance at all - the original portrait for psylocke can / will be included with the statue? i thought the original was awesome, dont care for the new one at all as does what would seem the majority of collectors. i had planned on ordering it but will have to pass if the new portrait is the only one it comes with
Sorry but at this time there are no plans to include the original portrait with this piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Why was psylocke's portrait changed? Thanks
I believe I answered this question as best I could with the very limited knowledge I have about this piece the Psylocke thread. If I ever get further info I'll update y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Alex (and Igo) I have a few serious questions --

When people in person (NYCC) comment on the unattractiveness or the proportions of this new portrait, will SS consider changing it again? Or perhaps giving both portraits to buyer?

While it is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you (and SS) have to admit there is NO WAY that this current portrait is proportional with the body.

Also, will SS ever explain why a flawless, perfect Psylocke portrait was changed? Especially when we were told that Rogue has the same face on both portraits due to time constraints, but now magically there is time to change Psylocke completely before PO?
Feedback I received at NYCC directly was more positive then negative on Psylocke. Yes, there were some collector's that expressed they weren't a fan of the portrait but far more (collectors and non-collectors) approached me telling me how much they like every inch of the piece. As you alluded to above, it is all subjective from person to person.

This piece is well into production now, so the chances of any additional changes or adding in the second portrait are slim at this point in time.

Psylocke had two portraits done at the same time and was not behind schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidAssassin View Post
Hi Alex! Classic Spider-Man has been getting a lot of love lately & great to see Miles Morales on the way. Other than being 1/5 artist series also good to see Spider Gwen & Silk on the roster. Any plans for PFF revisits of a non-variant Symbiote Suit Spider-Man and Comic Version Iron Spider? Thanks!
I'm not aware of a Symbiote Suit Spider-Man or Iron Spider Comic pieces in the pipeline at the time, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Hello Alex, any chance we could see statues based off of the new Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors Cartoon? I would definitely love to see comic version of Daisy "Quake" Johnson from Agents of Shield made into a premium format statue.
There are no plans at this time for creating collectibles from this cartoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Hi Alex,

Items that offer free shipping to US customers.
Whatever the discount amounts to, can this not be applied to overseas (non US) customers,
if they were to purchase the same item?
We do try to offer discounts to our international customers when we can. There are many items that offer free shipping or flat rate shipping to international destinations. International customers that order directly through Sideshow (with a full Sideshow account and not a guest account) also receive $25 coupon codes once a qualified order ships to them to use on a purchase made within 30 days of receiving the code. These $25 codes can accrue to $50 and will accrue no more until $25 or more are spent or they expire. These codes can be used on any Pre-Order or In-Stock item on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hi Alex,

Are there anymore Star Wars busts in the pipeline after Darth Maul?

When will Darth Maul be going up for PO?

Thank you!
Sorry but I do not know if there are any other 1:1 Star Wars Busts in the works or not at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoff View Post
Hi Alex,

Could you please suggest to them that you they sell an alternate psylocke pf with the old head from sdcc? Just put it up 'head to head' against the one already listed. Could do it with alternate Xforce colours, however even if that's not possible just have it with the old head being the only difference. Let that dictate your edition sizes. I bet it outsells the current one by miles.

Thanks

D
Sorry but selling the other head separate won't be something that's offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidAssassin View Post
Hi Alex, Will Sideshow be distributing the Prime 1 Gatchaman line? The first reveal looks fantastic & I would love to add them to my collection!
If Sideshow can carry it, we will! It will just depend if there are any restrictions in selling that line in certain parts of the world or if Prime 1 is solely going to sell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoff View Post
Hi Alex, could I make a suggestion for the inclusion of a comic book styled alternate head for the recently previewed Aquaman movie PF?

The costume means it would fit in with both comic and movie style pfs and SS could effectively double their sales by catering to people who want one of either.
Since this item is movie based, offering a comic portrait would not be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
Hi Alex ...can I bury the hope to have the last of the first 6 avengers in the avengers 1/5 line? Ant-man?
There are more pieces planned for the Avengers Assemble line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger176 View Post
Hi Alex,

Just wanted to know if there was any chance we might see other characters in statue form from the Dynamite Entertainment license like Dejah Thoris, Pantha, Sheena, or Jungle Girl?

Thanks for your time.
I'm not sure if any more Dynamite ladies are in the works or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Will the new Punisher PF include an alternate portrait without face paint? Thank you for any information you can provide.
I haven't had a final run down of what this piece will have included with it as it was finished right before NYCC. So I do not know if this piece will have an alternate portrait or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hi Alex

Should I assume that with COTD Shieve displayed next to the 2019 COTD wall calendar that she is still in the planned for release?!!! (please say yes, please say yes, please say yes)

When should we expect the next COTD PO?

Thanks!
Shieve is still not moving forward as a piece that is mass produced...at least at this time.

Next COTD PO should be before the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
Hello Alex,

So apparently No cable PF at NYCC , do you know if it is still on the agenda that Sideshow unveils the prototype this fall ? I soooo want to see it before the end of the year, please tell me it is possible

And on another topic, I love the Grace PF revealed at the convention, any chance you can tell us approximately when she will be on preorder and also I'm worried she will not fit in my Besta because of her wingspan, so just in case, is it possible for you to get the width of this statue ?

Thank you very much !
Cable should hopefully get a reveal before the end of the year..or worst case...early next year.

Grace should be up for Pre-Order before the year is over. I don't have the dimensions of this piece at this time but those will be made available on the sell page for her when she launches for Pre-Order.

Quote:
So the rogue Maquette had clearly been at the show on preview night. People at the show said they were told it broke. Then other sideshow staff, I won’t list names, said “it never made the trip”?

What is up with the dishonesty? Did it break? Why’d it break? If it snapped at the arm like folks seem to be claiming, I think you should let the public know. If these get shipped and they start snapping at the wrist because of engineering flaws, people would lose it.
I wouldn't take it as dishonesty but rather some staff simply didn't have the full rundown on what was on display until they arrived to work the show on Thursday or later. So some folks may have assumed she never made it to the show since they didn't see her on display (and others didn't have the full knowledge of what was on display until they stepped onto the show floor since some items were hand carried to NYCC, switched out very close to the show, etc).

Most prototypes are never 100% final in material and engineering and can be very fragile in nature. Through the production process of each piece materials and engineering can get tweaked (example: The Spider-Man Premium Format Figure, with him vaulting off the beam, 100% did not have the metal arm support structor in the prototype that was put in all the pieces that were manufactured).
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:33 AM   #6663
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

could we pretty please have acrylic eyes for the new Darth Maul PF PLEASE. if so ill be buying one.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:07 AM   #6664
DroidAssassin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
I'm not aware of a Symbiote Suit Spider-Man or Iron Spider Comic pieces in the pipeline at the time, sorry.

If Sideshow can carry it, we will! It will just depend if there are any restrictions in selling that line in certain parts of the world or if Prime 1 is solely going to sell them.
As always Alex, thanks for your time & responses. A hefty list to get through this time!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Gatchaman, & in the absence of a Symbiote Suit for my collection I guess I will need to keep trying to convince myself I don't NEED another awesome classic suit...ahhh who am i kidding!
DroidAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #6665
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

DC Animated Statues

Hi Alex, how are you? Will we be getting a Batgirl and Catwoman Animated Statues from the Batman Animated series soon? Saw Harley and Joker are next. Really hoping for more in the Batman line. Very excited for this line. Hoping this line continues so I can get Batgirl.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:58 AM   #6666
savage.CAP

Thank you Alex. You work very hard in here and we appreciate it.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:16 PM   #6667
SONICobra
Batman

Thanks for the answers alex but it looks like u missed my xforce variant question, any chance?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:30 PM   #6668
aslan_gfx
Birdman

Hey Alex,

is there a new Spider-Man Bust in works? after the new Venom bust... I thought I'd ask
aslan_gfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:49 PM   #6669
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Hi Alex

THE most important question nearly everyone has: Has the new punisher statue a switch out head and or hands? Any info about the ex item? Hope you can give us the answere before pre order date.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #6670
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

Hey Alex!

Are there plans for further Justice League members coming down the pipe? I'm sure you can't say WHO is coming (blink once for Flash and twice for Martian Manhunter), but just knowing the line will continue after GL would be great. Thanks!
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote