Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-03-2021, 10:41 PM   #31
dechirico7
The Flash

Yikes, two ugly portraits
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:00 PM   #32
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

the eyes kinda look far apart. second portrait on the right, her chin and jaw look really thick
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:19 PM   #33
nearmint
Phoenix

Body looks good, though.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:21 PM   #34
BurningRage
Inhumans

Need to see booty
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:40 PM   #35
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Huge pass. I was actually really excited to see this as I love the Dave Stevens artwork. However, way too many deviations from the art, and frankly, the portraits are awful.

I don't understand the point of even basing it on this very famous piece of Vampirella art if you're going to make so many poor changes.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 12:46 AM   #36
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Body, anatomy, pose, skin tones, etc.. all look really nice. The more mature portrait needs a lot of work, but I'd say the normal one is really close to working. Just needs a little bit of adjustments here and there perhaps, but is honestly fine as is. That being said, I agree that deviating this much from the source image is a little bizarre. I actually like how it turned out, but the original pose was pretty nice and eye-catching. Maybe they felt it wouldn't translate well for whatever reason? It might have been an engineering thing. Looking forward to seeing more angles. I'm liking her so far.

Did they comment at all on the extent of this license? Are we to expect a 1/3 Sonja as well?

Edit: Looking more closely at the source material and the teaser shots, I definitely prefer the way the legs are with the statue. It's a little sexier and more natural looking to me. I also think it will display better from other angles. Her butt isn't sticking out as far either since she is resting more on the fountain or whatever it is. That can be the issue sometimes with adapting a picture. Something that looks good in the picture might not look as nice from other angles.

The more I look at the shot the more I like how it looks. The other portrait hasn't grown on me yet, but I never would have displayed it anyway.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 12:56 AM   #37
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I thought I had sold the signed, limited edition copy of the Dave Stevens Vampi print, but I just found it! So pumped I kept it.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 12:56 AM   #38
dao2
Cyclops

I think the second portrait is by far the better of the two, both could definitely be better though.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 02:20 AM   #39
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I don't like the portraits either. I think the rest, on the other hand, is really nice
I'll wait and see if they change anything. I won't buy the statue with these portraits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Did they comment at all on the extent of this license? Are we to expect a 1/3 Sonja as well?
Prime 1 has the license for a 1/3 Red Sonja. Can another manufacturer also produce a 1/3 Red Sonja?
Another 1/3 Sonja would be great
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 02:43 AM   #40
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I don't like the portraits either. I think the rest, on the other hand, is really nice
I'll wait and see if they change anything. I won't buy the statue with these portraits

Prime 1 has the license for a 1/3 Red Sonja. Can another manufacturer also produce a 1/3 Red Sonja?
Another 1/3 Sonja would be great
I would like to see some improvements on the portraits, not that bad...but not great, figure looks good from the angle shown but I'll wait for more pictures, on the whole I'm not sold on this.

My wallet has just taken out a contract on you for even suggesting it....
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote