Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 01-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #11
ump
U talkin' to me?

Yes,thats Great to see Attakus in SDCC!!
ump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:23 AM   #12
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Attakus is a great company. My experiences with their customer service has been nothing short of amazing. I'd even go as far as saying its the best I've received from any statue company out there.

As far as their product goes they produce what I feel are the best Star Wars statues on the market today. Even tough I love (and collect) Sideshow's PF line there is something about a fully sculpted piece that wins me over every time. Plus Attakus' paint apps. are simply the best I've ever seen. Add to that the variety of characters they choose to produce and you have my main reasons I consider this my favorite line of statues I collect. Unfortunately its the only line of theirs that I can afford to collect but I currently own 23 SW statues and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Hopefully we get some news on Series 5 soon.

I do wish their products were a bit cheaper but that doesn't keep me from collecting them. It does however force me to buy my statues on the secondary market below MSRP. If I had to pay full price I wouldn't be able to maintain much of a collection so I'm patient and wait for what I feel are good deals. I'm always impressed and feel like I get my moneys worth when my statue does finally arrive.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #13
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Attakus definately
Customer service is second to none, they sent me a chain for my jabba and pipe for the salacious and hooka pipe as the ones I purchased were missing these items (even more impressive as I bought these statues second hand!!). And even though I offered to pay for them, they were sent free of charge! I know of NO other company that would have done that!.
Also I love the fact that when you see their prototype pics you know that when you purchase the statue, paint wise, it will look just as good.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:50 AM   #14
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I have a few Attakus pieces and I must say that they are a great addition to any collection...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #15
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Great statues. Too expensive.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #16
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Yup, have to agree with HB and ED. Attakus makes the best Star Wars statues out there. As much as I love my SS Star Wars pieces, Attakus takes the cake in this one with the "non-human" pieces. Maybe is the big variety of characters, the details, the amazing QC control, the FLAWLESS paint jobs. But the true is, their Star Wars statues are something beautifull and very artful. I NEVER saw anything Star Wars related that looked as impressive as the Attakus Jabba Scene, and I collect from many brands.

cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #17
Gir
Death is hereditary.

+ quality pieces, nice craftsmanship
+ lots of large pieces
- expensive
- face sculpts are often mediocre or poor

I've heard an explanation for the face sculpts, but it's still a problem regardless of the reason.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:51 AM   #18
andyhb
Doh!

I am a proud owner of 15 Attakus-Statues.
The best statues by far, i love them.
andyhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:23 AM   #19
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Pieces of art, museum calibre stuff. One of the things that impresses me the most about these pieces, is the way Attakus achieves that presence their statues have, awesome sculpting technique!! Beautiful to look at.
Terrific photos. Cap! I see you've added the Gammorrean Guard and Bib Fortuna, looks great congrats!
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:44 PM   #20
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Terrific photos. Cap! I see you've added the Gammorrean Guard and Bib Fortuna, looks great congrats!
Thanks MK! My wife bought BOTH for me for Christmas! Is she nice or what? Gotta love my woman!
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote