Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-08-2016, 04:59 PM   #1061
Giantripod
Doh!

Is this the first SS PF that is posed on one leg, or are there others? I'm aware this statue has it's naysayers but I think it's a great looking piece. The foot peg seems much sturdier than the pegs on other statues

This could just be an isolated incident and no cause to panic.
Giantripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:11 PM   #1062
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantripod View Post
Is this the first SS PF that is posed on one leg, or are there others? I'm aware this statue has it's naysayers but I think it's a great looking piece. The foot peg seems much sturdier than the pegs on other statues

This could just be an isolated incident and no cause to panic.
I'm not worried. Mine is really stable and I am not going to go picking it up without properly supporting it. I wound up moving some of my statues around the other day and I picked Daredevil up by the base, not by grabbing the body and thus putting stress on the the one leg/foot. As long as your careful and handle it properly, I don't see this being a widespread issue.

And I agree that its a great looking piece. This was actually one of my favorite pieces of 2015. I absolutely love the pose and the texture on thie piece is fantastic.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #1063
SONICobra
Batman

well it seems there has been a few leaning incidents recently and considering it was a huge concern when it was first revealed its unfortunate that it seems the structural integrity wasn't addressed properly. with the new spidey pf it has been stated by a few people at sideshow they are taking extra steps with that piece to avoid situations like this, im not sure why that same concern was not applied to DD. again, hopefully this is a rare incident and perhaps it was addressed and other statues will not suffer the same fate
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #1064
desvedd
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I wonder if yours was maybe cracked beforehand? I'm just trying to hold out hope for mine here...I'm really disappointed with what Sideshow did here...
From the outside there was no way to know this. I believe it was, but not noticeable if you are not looking for it

This is a picture from the day I got it:

I dont know if it helps, maybe you guys can tell if mine was more inclined than yours.

I did not post this to cause panic, just to let know to any other collector that your Statue may be in danger of complety break if it drops, and it is in fact very poorly supported, so, if you can make any adjustment and take any precaution, do it.
desvedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:14 PM   #1065
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desvedd View Post
From the outside there was no way to know this. I believe it was, but not noticeable if you are not looking for it

This is a picture from the day I got it:

I dont know if it helps, maybe you guys can tell if mine was more inclined than yours.

I did not post this to cause panic, just to let know to any other collector that your Statue may be in danger of complety break if it drops, and it is in fact very poorly supported, so, if you can make any adjustment and take any precaution, do it.
Thank you for posting..desvedd

I think DD paint app is done incredible well. The texture on the paint is wow. I think the statue great .. Your posting help us know to be very careful.. with the statue especially if you have to move it. Thank you for posting!.... I know there no rod in the leg and I have be very careful.... All the supports on the front bent of one foot.

I like My DD and will absolultely keep it. I just wish SS doesn't rush and makes the best statue possible.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:17 PM   #1066
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
They should have the experience to have place a rod in his foot.
They do have the experience; however, they are now in the business of cutting corners. How collectors haven't figured this out yet is beyond me.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:45 PM   #1067
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
well it seems there has been a few leaning incidents recently and considering it was a huge concern when it was first revealed its unfortunate that it seems the structural integrity wasn't addressed properly. with the new spidey pf it has been stated by a few people at sideshow they are taking extra steps with that piece to avoid situations like this, im not sure why that same concern was not applied to DD. again, hopefully this is a rare incident and perhaps it was addressed and other statues will not suffer the same fate
Exactly. Honestly, how much would it cost to add a metal rod? I'm guessing not much. The foot is very thin, and if there is no reinforcement, that worries me. Mine seems stable and has not moved since I got it, and I looked closely at the foot and there does not appear to be any cracking...hopefully this is a one-off, as you say, but damn...I'm really choked that Sideshow didn't put in the effort to make sure this piece is stable long term.

I asked the question of Alex in the Ask Sideshow section, so, we'll see what they say about how it's built.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:43 PM   #1068
Demona
Martian Manhunter

What are you guys hoping for SS to do?

I don't think they will take the stand like XM did with their Black Widow leaning issues -- in that case, there was a bad batch of mixed material. The bad batch was much weaker than the required porcelain and couldn't support her weight (she's on one leg straight up and down) so she was leaning -- BAD.

XM gave people with the bad batch of BW all new bodies. Cost of shipping. You think SS is going to do something like that when people have this breakage due to poor structural design?

XM screwed up on the color of the eyebrows on another piece -- gave the owners new heads. Cost of shipping. Is SS going to do that? (well, they did send out new heads for Rogue-gate)

If it's true that there is no rod at all in this Daredevil, I feel for the owners and lovers of the piece. It's doomed to fail. Even if it's not cracking now, it will. And it will most certainly begin to lean.

Good luck guys. I'm curious to see how this plays out.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #1069
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
What are you guys hoping for SS to do?
What do I think they will do? Nothing.

What do I hope they do? They should extend the warranty to AT LEAST 1 year and offer refunds to anyone whose Daredevil falls over within that time. Alternatively, they should do something like they did with Thor and come up with a solution for their own design problem.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:22 PM   #1070
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think that is a decent suggestion given they (potentially) screwed the pooch on this piece.

The totally right thing to do would be replace the bodies with new, structurally sound ones. Which is not unthinkable on this smaller edition size statue.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote