Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #91
shaydap
Doh!

collecting is not a investment its a hobby if your doing for money then your not a collector.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #92
Neon2102
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I agree to a certain extent.

When I posed the G1 Transformers thing, I would think that since what I would be suggesting would be expensive with certain big LSF characters, a set maximum edition size would be known to the public. However, the inital batch would be very small, and that is so we can gauge how popular each statue would sell. So for instance,

Bruticus 40" LSF (max edition: 150) (initial run: 50) Price = $999.

Its too hard to tell how many fans will fork over $1K even though Bruticus is arguably the most popular combiner, so we would let everyone know before hand that a max of 150 would be made, no matter how popular and wanted it was. But, we would only do an initial run of 50 so as not to overproduce and waste resources and money. Lets say Bruticus is a smashing success, and we wind up making 2 more runs to max our 150, that remains the max we will do, and it would be closed at the end of 150.

If its done this way, I think its fair to all parties. Not only to those who like extremely limited statues, but also the general fans that had ample time to know up front what the deal was.

Its easier to make a big edition for the most popular characters and not really be worried about overproduction.

Optimus and Megatron at 22" - 24" at a price of $399would probably sell through a complete run of 500 - 750 pretty easy.

In any case, this isn't too big a deal to me what Syco or any company (SS included) is doing. At the end of the day, whether a specific number is shown or not, the statue will still be very limited.
Devastator disagrees....

Old 09-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #93
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I love me some Devastator too. He is personally my favorite Combiner next to Predaking! Predaking rules! But there is no denying how many love Bruticus!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #94
Buddhboy
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaydap View Post
collecting is not a investment its a hobby if your doing for money then your not a collector.
LOL agreed I take it you have been to the FS thread,half the people on here have SS PF's at $700-800 dollars.I think some people are scalpers and not even collectors.Keep up the good work Syco and remember some people would ----- if they were hung with a new rope!!
Closed Thread