Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #771
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

It can be frustrating to hear everyone focusing so intensely on a variant head, yet mentioning almost offhandedly, how great the regular statue is.

And to me the regular version is whats important.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #772
firefly76
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Has jerry even mentioned if he is working on Sub-Zero yet?

This is the first of the MK line, I am pretty sure Sub Zero will be cool....I mean someone threw out a idea of a regular skull for the EX and jerry said it could happen

Pick up the Regular Scorpion....Sub-Zero shouldn't disappoint.....
firefly76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #773
A2G
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
It can be frustrating to hear everyone focusing so intensely on a variant head, yet mentioning almost offhandedly, how great the regular statue is.

well i think most people think this is almost a perfect scorpion, as do i, and they are eager to get the EX and would like the EX head to be as perfect as the rest of the statue.

I personally would love the EX to be a little more thought out, even Sideshow pumps out disappointing EX heads. For example the SF Zangief's switch out heads were perfect, I rotate them every other month, but don't feel like Scorpion's EX head could ever be used. You nailed the scorpion 100%, lets make the EX perfect too!

Don't get me wrong, it is not about the money $10 here and there is nothing, but as a collector and MK fan, I'd love to see an improvement on the EX head!
A2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #774
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Overall the statue looks absolutely amazing! Great work, Jerry!

My humble/civil opinion is that the exclusive skull head does not, in any way, represent Scorpion except for the fact that it's a skull of some sort. The flames look like hair and make him look like Ghost rider or even Sweet Tooth from the Twisted Metal series (though obviously Sweet Tooth didn't have a skull face).

I definitely think a third head with just a regular skull would do the character real justice, only because Scorpion has never been represented the way he currently is in ANY Mortal Kombat game with the style of the flame and skull.

Overall, you hit a grand slam with the regular...pose, base, detail, paint, etc. I think this is the one that will get me back into collecting. Great job!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #775
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

It's because everyone safely assumed the exclusive would be the skull change of head, but no one would have expected it to look like it does.

Everyone wanted the skull option, but not the way it looks. It really is a bit surprising and disappointing. It's just not the way anyone would expect to see that character, even as a drawing. It looks like hair!

Aside from edition sizes, I don't think anyone has been as passionate about a creative decision as this one. It says a lot, I think. It doesn't have to be a bad thing, but these are the ones forking over the money for a statue they've wanted forever! Fans are passionate about how their characters are represented, especially where accuracy is concerned. It's just not accurate as it stands.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #776
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Overall the statue looks absolutely amazing! Great work, Jerry!

My humble/civil opinion is that the exclusive skull head does not, in any way, represent Scorpion except for the fact that it's a skull of some sort. The flames look like hair and make him look like Ghost rider or even Sweet Tooth from the Twisted Metal series (though obviously Sweet Tooth didn't have a skull face).

I definitely think a third head with just a regular skull would do the character real justice, only because Scorpion has never been represented the way he currently is in ANY Mortal Kombat game with the style of the flame and skull.

Overall, you hit a grand slam with the regular...pose, base, detail, paint, etc. I think this is the one that will get me back into collecting. Great job!
I was dying to hear you weigh in on this!! I agree 100% with you. Are you gonna get it and get back in the game Andrew?
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #777
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:

Jerry they can't all be Shin Akuma's. Don't worry I'm not even a MK fan no where near as much as Street Fighter at least and I think it looks amazing. Maybe you could just tweek the flames on the head if thats the only problem or did it already go to production? Remember you fixed the Bison head problem magnificently! I have faith in PCSC one way or the other. I can't wait for Chun Li!!!!
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #778
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
It's because everyone safely assumed the exclusive would be the skull change of head, but no one would have expected it to look like it does.

Everyone wanted the skull option, but not the way it looks. It really is a bit surprising and disappointing. It's just not the way anyone would expect to see that character, even as a drawing. It looks like hair!
Ive been honest in the past and said I've never been a MK player. I dont really know a whole lot about the characters.

We went by the artwork supplied to us. As far as I knew Scorpions skull head was always in flames in the new game....no one at the studio ever told me differently.

Having said that, I love to learn and I love to make collectors happy. Im the guy that had Felicias head resculpted and threw in a second Bison head for free.

I would like to think that buys me some credibility in regards to listening to you all.

What I dont enjoy are some of the venomous posts, especially immature ones that attack my character.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #779
Edgley
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Here we go: Great sculpting, Jerry!
(Every PCS statue I own is just f'n BEAUTIFUL!)
Edgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #780
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Personally, I think the statue is absolutely perfect (with the regular head)! I think Jerry nailed Scorpion to a T. I've grown up with the character, much like all of you, since MK1 back in the day. I love the new costume, it's so much more detailed, and I also love the fact Jerry is doing interesting bases, not just the black round ones like SF.

Big congrats Jerry, if Scorpion looks this freaking amazing, I cannot wait to see my top fav characters!!!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote