Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-25-2020, 05:05 AM   #681
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
do people prefer this one to the sideshow one?
I personally prefer the MAQ but how do you go wrong with either of them in a collection?
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:06 AM   #682
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Lady Death is stunning. Everything about her is fantastic.
Easily my favorite piece of the 2. I definitely would've bought Death separately if she would've come with all the switch out parts.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 11:51 AM   #683
XMAN
Ultron

I personally enjoy a good comparison just like with anything else...... You can always compare and comment as long as you don’t trash someone else’s opinion..... I own the Thanos on the throne by side show with the smiling portrait I don’t think I’ll ever get rid of this piece however I must admit the XM smiling portrait looks so much nicer especially when you look at it dead on.....
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 11:58 AM   #684
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWalker View Post
Stay tuned
Congratulations on the video, I had a lot of fun and, as I commented on the YouTube channel, I am wishing you to win the Oscar for makeup and acting. rsss.

I am very anxious and looking for this Thanos. I already have the SS, but Thanos is my favorite villain, and this piece made by XM will be perfect on the Set against my Avengers. I need this mad titan.

He's phenomenal. Sculpture, details, textures. And it is about how wonderful Thanos is that I would like to comment on another phrase that you speak in the video, you comment, with conviction, that Thanos gets to be better than the Hulk Transformation. And since your sentence came in the form of an opinion, it doesn't hurt to leave my opinion here too.

Although Thanos is a phenomenal, beautiful sculpture, going furiously to war in order to quench the relentless thirst of his ambitious, beautiful and funeral beloved, Death, the Hulk's sculpture was inspired by none other than the cover Hulk # 01, from 1962, with the fragile Dr. Banner at the front, hands on his head, eyes sparkling in pure green wrath as the fragile body grows wildly to make form the most powerful creature on the planet.

Here we have the first transformation of man into a monster in his entire history. And, unlike other characters that could also have their origin immortalized in a beautiful sculpture, like Batman, for example, would not have the same impact, because, after all, at what moment did Batman appear? He was twelve, kneeling in the alley before his dead parents. It would be a great painting. Dramatic. But, as a sculpture, it would not have the same appeal. Many would observe it and would have doubts: "Hey, who's that little boy kneeling over there?"

And Peter? Skinny, and being bitten by the Spider? No conditions. Steve Rogers, emerging from inside the capsule of the rays vita, with the transformed body? Awesome. But without a uniform, just in pants, who is this guy? Many would also question.

We already had another great hero represented in a moment of origin, Weapon X. But, in truth, that was not the birth of Wolverine. No, far from it. Logan was a soldier, a mercenary, and a lot of things before going through that experiment. That yes was the moment when he received Adamantium, but, its essence, appearance and personality, all that makes Wolverine the Wolverine already existed.

The Hulk does not.

The transformation scene represented by XM is indeed the monster's first breath. There was no Hulk before then. It was not something that was being prepared, in the truth, it was not even supposed to exist, but, due to a scientific accident, a green and monstrous thing exploded and, seconds after its birth, it was immortalized by XM.

So, much greater than the commercial appeal of this beautiful Thanos sculpture, with its various options of heads and arms, there are much symbolic and history weight portrayed in the Hulk's sculpture. The centuries will continue to drag on, but that moment of the first transformation will remain immortalized.More than a brand and a beautiful product, it is a tribute to Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. Thank you, kings of comics, for introducing us to this moment.

Well, it's just my opinion.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 02:10 PM   #685
Davidian
Omega Flight

I wonder if Mistress Death would pair up well with the SS TOT, or will it look silly together. Anyone who has both, can you do a comparison? I absolutely wish SS made a MD to go with Thanos, but alas.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:06 PM   #686
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
I am wishing you to win the Oscar for makeup and acting.
That got a good laugh

Quote:
you speak in the video, you comment, with conviction, that Thanos gets to be better than the Hulk Transformation.
Yes, just my opinion. Means nothing for anyone else. If someone else like hulk better, that is 'right' for them.

I followed that statement up by saying "I LOVE that piece". It is AMAZING. My top 3 are probably all XM. HB, Hulk, and Thanos/Death.

It could easily be 1A, 1B, 1C
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:07 PM   #687
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
I wonder if Mistress Death would pair up well with the SS TOT, or will it look silly together. Anyone who has both, can you do a comparison? I absolutely wish SS made a MD to go with Thanos, but alas.
I saw a pic of them together. If I find it I'll post here.

Well, here's all 3:

CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:10 PM   #688
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Not my pic, but I thought of you when I saw it. This pic is courtesy of Brian A. on Facebook.

NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:30 PM   #689
nearmint
Phoenix

They look great together.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:25 PM   #690
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Not my pic, but I thought of you when I saw it. This pic is courtesy of Brian A. on Facebook.

Great Pic..but i would have her behind him on the left side just like XM..Would love to see that pic!
When i get mine will try it..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote