Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-18-2019, 01:12 AM   #341
KennyB
Frackin!

I got hooked with Batgirl, Then supergirl, I then decided I needed Wonderwoman. This is where it gets a little interesting. I found a good price 300 for Diana but as I was about to buy it from a LCS here in SanDiego. Then upon inspection I noticed the handle grip was missing / broken off. He said he didnt know(not so sure. The I saw one at the comic show in Long Beach again a pretty good price 300 but willing to bargain (warning bells) took a closer look and both handles were super-glued on. I showed him and he still denied it. Bummer seemed like one of those statures that had a lot of damaged /weak spots with handles breaking off. Left show and decided to stop a a small LCS in Irvine on way home. Found a perfect WW with no damage for 350 . Fair price I think as a good one is getting hard to find. Long story short if you buy one check it for damage closely. Handle grips are a failure point for this one. Lots of dis-honest folks out there. And some of them own comic stores.
KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:19 AM   #342
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I had the same issue with my Wonder Woman. I bought an AP on ebay and both handles arrived broken. We agreed on a partial refund and I repaired it myself. You cannot even tell it was ever broken but I am never going to sell it anyway since I have all 5 of them now. My second favorite set after with the AH! Cover Girls line.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:58 AM   #343
KennyB
Frackin!

Just got Cat Woman. great price . only issue was the cat was missing. Any opinions on missing cat affect on Value?
KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:21 AM   #344
heypaul
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Can anyone who owns the Supergirl piece speak to whether the face on the production version still has freckles like the prototype? This might not be a popular opinion, but I have the BvS Superman and I actually like what DC did with the freckles in the resin. I saw the pictures of James Marsano's artist proof and it looks like Supergirl has freckles there, but not on the pictures some of you guys posted, like the one from desertdragon I'm attaching. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32203145_2070704036511277_645694869200699392_n.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	121669   Click image for larger version

Name:	GCG supergirl 5 sm.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	121670  
heypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:31 AM   #345
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypaul View Post
Can anyone who owns the Supergirl piece speak to whether the face on the production version still has freckles like the prototype? This might not be a popular opinion, but I have the BvS Superman and I actually like what DC did with the freckles in the resin. I saw the pictures of James Marsano's artist proof and it looks like Supergirl has freckles there, but not on the pictures some of you guys posted, like the one from desertdragon I'm attaching. Thanks!
Heypaul, the freckles on my supergirl are very faint and look more like discoloration or smudges but they are there, just not as prominent as the proto:

Also,
Batgirl is 50$ off and free shipping on Sideshows website right now:
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #346
Augen
The Hulk

I just hope a few more statues get made. I worry about this line's viability.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 02:31 PM   #347
HarleyQuinn
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I just hope a few more statues get made. I worry about this line's viability.
Now that they have the engines of chaos line I think this ones going down. I guess a case could be made that they could go together if they were the same scale.
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:24 PM   #348
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyQuinn View Post
Now that they have the engines of chaos line I think this ones going down. I guess a case could be made that they could go together if they were the same scale.
The MSRP for those is $225, whereas the MSRP for these is $350. They might actually be a smaller scale.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:12 PM   #349
heypaul
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
Heypaul, the freckles on my supergirl are very faint and look more like discoloration or smudges but they are there, just not as prominent as the proto:
Thanks for the response, ruzzell. I picked her up and mine didn't have any freckles, but did have an unsightly crack/scratch in the face! I bought her on Walmart Marketplace and contacted the seller about the issue, hoping for a replacement. After nearly two weeks of unresponsiveness, Walmart stepped in and refunded me the full price without requiring me to return the item. So long story short, I got a pretty awesome statue for free - just don't look at her face too closely!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0134.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	122542  
heypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #350
Gothamite
Phoenix

Ent Earth has Supergirl back in stock for $100.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...statue/dc35204
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote