Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-28-2020, 12:12 AM   #101
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Some folks believe companies like these will be in for a reckoning these next few months (or years). Anyone here think it's possible for retail statue prices to come down? Has this ever happened?
I think we're in uncharted territory. It really depends on how companies view China moving forward. It may go back to the way it was; may not.

In any case, if I was interested in this piece, I'd wait it out. Personally, I don't think it is going to sell well with that price. If they don't move what they expected to, they will either cancel the piece or (if it is already in production) put it on sale later.

I would wait for sales later in the year and keep checking P1's site for now. If you see the version you want go into "Low Quantity", you know you need to move on it soon before the sales come around.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:20 AM   #102
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I think we're in uncharted territory. It really depends on how companies view China moving forward. It may go back to the way it was; may not.

In any case, if I was interested in this piece, I'd wait it out. Personally, I don't think it is going to sell well with that price. If they don't move what they expected to, they will either cancel the piece or (if it is already in production) put it on sale later.

I would wait for sales later in the year and keep checking P1's site for now. If you see the version you want go into "Low Quantity", you know you need to move on it soon before the sales come around.
Or Prime 1 Studio could just make just enough for PO.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:37 AM   #103
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I would buy a 1/5 Doomguy for $399.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:01 AM   #104
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
With so many people losing jobs and work hours, wouldn't the market also shrink? Or at least become more discerning? Funko Pops, Marvel Legends, and other cheap collectibles may come out ok, but I don't see as many people being able to justify $1500 statues for the next year or two. Kind of a tricky time to experiment with an even higher tag.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:24 AM   #105
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post

*Edit: Does anyone know by the way if Prime 1 ever has discounts or anything on their site? I know Python above just mentioned waiting it out on sideshow which I will keep an eye on.
They actually have full on sales a couple of times a year, although it's usually the same things that presumably aren't selling as well as expected. The only Prime 1 item I currently own (The 1:1 ID4 bust) regularly appears in these sales at my annoyance The days of fast sell outs are well and truly behind us.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:49 PM   #106
MPCanes
The X-Men

So I’m one of the suckers (the only sucker?) who preordered the ultimate version. Just wrapped up eternal and it’s easily in my top 5 games all time. It is a true masterpiece and this is a gaming centerpiece imo.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:53 PM   #107
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
So I’m one of the suckers (the only sucker?) who preordered the ultimate version. Just wrapped up eternal and it’s easily in my top 5 games all time. It is a true masterpiece and this is a gaming centerpiece imo.
You're not alone....
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:15 PM   #108
Matson1984
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The game was amazing.. loved it. One of my favourite FPS games in years and I would love this piece. Its just too expensive unfortunately.
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:47 AM   #109
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Statue collecting wisdom: Don’t buy a game / movie statue right after playing/watching... Give it some time for the high to wear off and if you still want it then def get it...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:58 AM   #110
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Statue collecting wisdom: Don’t buy a game / movie statue right after playing/watching... Give it some time for the high to wear off and if you still want it then def get it...
That is 100% true there’s been a few times I was gonna get a statue because I was hyped at the moment

But than later got over it

Prime 1 knows what there doing lol
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote