Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #991
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullboy View Post
]That being said I'm a bit confused with Lucky being priced the same as Derby. Lucky just seems to be a bit more simplistic and I expected the price point to reflect that. Maybe there is more to her than I'm realizing and that's why I posed the question in the 'Ask GG' thread.

I thought the same, but if you look at this picture she's still got quite a lot going off.

Shades, neck chain, holster straps for the rear guns, open shirt with that sexy bra, Gauze type Ammo holder with ammo, huge strap for gun, laced elbow supports, laced boots, gloves, oh yeah and that big f**k off gun

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #992
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I preordered whisper reg from amazon for 448.00 it's now marked up to 669.00. This was ordered before the GG buy out. Seems the new company will stick by their guns. I'm doubting my renewal of my Guild membership. Seems the Guild membership will only be worth it if there is an exclusive for SDCC you want to order. Other than that I'm not seeing the value anymore. I think the prices would digest a little better if GG would offer flex payments to Guild members, now that would keep me happy.
I was just thinking the same thing the other day. With little to no incentive to order direct anymore only the Con exclusive are really left to entice us.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #993
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Now we're talking.....check out this guy, PUPPETGARAGE, his work is insane. I'd pay $1000+ for this stuff....

http://puppetgarage2.blog.fc2.com/page-1.html
Wow that is so beyond my skill, looks like PVC like the kotos
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #994
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
You know after examining these pics more closely (thanks for posting them FRO ) I think I'm starting to see she is closer (detail wise) to Derby than I initially thought. Still on the fence with this one but I'll probably end up pre-ordering it too.
Yeah she is a bit more detailed than I thought as well, I think once a few of my pre orders are shipped and this is still available from spec I will possibly bite, but definitely the only one I am getting unfortunately
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #995
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Just guessing here, but I wonder if GG is trying to create a nitch in that $600 price range by giving people high quality statues with a low ES. I'll be honest that this really appeals to me, as a collector I do like owning rare or semi-rare pieces so they might be going after people like me.

Although if they give the Honey Trap line a 3000 ES then there goes that theory

IMO the quality were seeing in the mass produced statues that are in $350-$400 price range is mediocre at best. So for me to spend extra $100-$200 more for a high quality piece its defiantly worth it to me.

I wish I had Spazzy's talent, then I would repaint 3/4 of my SS collection
This was exactly the reason I pre-ordered Whisper and Derby, as I could justify the price with a low edition size. I've since cancelled my orders mainly due to placing a greater value in another line. I sincerely hope that there is a low run for all those that have the statues on order.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #996
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Thanks for the hi rez pictures!!

I have a minor tech issue with the statue.....the hair 'draped' down her face! The two strands on the front of her head are ok, I guess, but the one near her right ear tracks down her face and follows her jaw line down to her neck!!!! This ends up looking like running fluid rather than hair.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #997
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Thanks for the hi rez pictures!!

I have a minor tech issue with the statue.....the hair 'draped' down her face! The two strands on the front of her head are ok, I guess, but the one near her right ear tracks down her face and follows her jaw line down to her neck!!!! This ends up looking like running fluid rather than hair.....
To me it looks as if her hair is wet and stuck to her face. Either way I see your point.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #998
FROBAY
Phoenix

The sad part is a lot of folks will never get to own or see this line in person. I can't help but think the smart move would have been offering one of the 1st releases, or even Lucky at an affordable price to get people into this line. They have the Man Thing at a special price, which I'll be passing on. I'll never understand the super secret of GG Edition sizes.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #999
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I'll never understand the super secret of GG Edition sizes.
I hear ya. It's pretty ridiculous. Not sure why it takes them so long to figure them out and relay that info to the collecting community.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:57 AM   #1000
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I hear ya. It's pretty ridiculous. Not sure why it takes them so long to figure them out and relay that info to the collecting community.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote