Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-30-2021, 05:41 AM   #331
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:12 AM   #332
chronos1919
Nightwing

Dang, that looks good. Much better lighting in this photo.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:06 AM   #333
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

It’s definitely got the best likeness out of the lot, but he looks more than a decade older than he should imo. Even for Dark Knight Rises. Even now…….

That skin detail is superb, but that same detail is ageing him up.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:38 AM   #334
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I think it's perfect.

I can see what people are saying about the perceived age, but I think the margin between the sculpt looking like him at the "correct" age or not, is so fine....that if they change it, the situation could go completely in the wrong direction (case in point: Queen Studios Black Widow).

I'd leave it as it is, because this (IMHO) is the best likeness we've seen (at this scale).
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:50 AM   #335
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I think it's perfect.

I can see what people are saying about the perceived age, but I think the margin between the sculpt looking like him at the "correct" age or not, is so fine....that if they change it, the situation could go completely in the wrong direction (case in point: Queen Studios Black Widow).

I'd leave it as it is, because this (IMHO) is the best likeness we've seen (at this scale).
Would it? I have no idea really. But the underlining sculpt would remain the same, all they would have to do is smooth it out a tad?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:13 AM   #336
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

For the first time seeing this picture I can see why some people see Sam Rockwell from the face sculpt. For me the eyes are not accurate
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:15 AM   #337
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Would it? I have no idea really. But the underlining sculpt would remain the same, all they would have to do is smooth it out a tad?
The problem is individual perception. So, sure they might tweek the sculpt / paint....but the chances are, they'll gain some fans, while losing others. If they keep playing that balancing game, I guess, eventually they might tip the scales and please a majority of people......but THAT process is going to take years

This statue is sold out. Meaning, (at least I hope) the majority of people are already, to one degree or another, content with this statue as it is. So again, why change anything?.....If only to "please" and amaze people who have no skin in the game.....that would be bad business indeed.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:25 AM   #338
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
The problem is individual perception. So, sure they might tweek the sculpt / paint....but the chances are, they'll gain some fans, while losing others. If they keep playing that balancing game, I guess, eventually they might tip the scales and please a majority of people......but THAT process is going to take years

This statue is sold out. Meaning, (at least I hope) the majority of people are already, to one degree or another, content with this statue as it is. So again, why change anything?.....If only to "please" and amaze people who have no skin in the game.....that would be bad business indeed.
JND said they would alter Catwoman due to feedback. I agree they should not unless offering a deposit refund option. In this instance I didn?t order the 2 pack due to how old the Bale sculpt looked. I may regret that decision if JND make improvements
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:39 AM   #339
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Face sculpt looks fantastic to me.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:24 AM   #340
Joel
The Herculoids

Ohh wow! That’s incredible
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote