Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-18-2017, 09:23 AM   #41
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
No real point of this if you live in North America. Not sure why the base price is not lower if buying direct....i would assume they save money by not needing to ship it to sidedhow/sideshow making a profit.

Was $350 to ship scarcrow to canada....usually it costs say 90 from sideshow..... so shouldent the statue be at least $200 less if you buy directly since you are now paying the extra shipping to north america....

does not really mske sence.

1-We know that it will cost me $350 to ship a $900 scarcrow statue from Prime 1 to canada according to the prime 1 site

2-we know it will cost me around 90 to 100 to have the same $900 scarecrow statue shipped from sideshow (usa) to canada (lets assume $100)

3-lets assume then the cost of prime 1 shipping the statue to sideshow is $250(350-the $100 that it costs to send it from sideshow to me)

4-so why would buying directly not be $250 less? Are they taking a loss on statues when they sell through sideshow ($900.- their own cost to ship to sideshow-whatever cut sideshow takes.) so they only make $650 or less when they sell through sideshow but no discount on the statue or shipping when buying directly?

If ppl want additional distrabuters let me know, i can buy the statue from sideshow and then tack on sn extra $300 arbitrarily.

Would like to hear a rep explain this, or maybe im wrong
The shipping cost is pretty standard, especially for the size and weight of the box. Shipping at SS is only cheaper because they made an agreement with the shippers for the subsidized shipping cost. We have been spoiled by SS.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:45 PM   #42
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

but XMs price is much lower than their european distributors, who prob include shipping and taxes,, Also ThreeA used to offer free international shipping when ordering direct from them,, I remember getting the Three MGS Ray for just the retail price, if i had got them from anywhere else it would have been an additional 300-400$ ,, box was massive
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:53 PM   #43
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Has anyone received shipping notices for orders placed on the new International website? I know the site is new but to get this off the ground and build collector confidence people need to be comfortable ordering expensive items from a site that is especially new even though it's from a recognized name. So far I have not heard anyone with this since the sites inception. We're waiting Prime 1....

And I also saw a new promotion from them to help drive traffic and I assume get orders for statues not moving as quickly they call the Opening Sale with a free diecast batarang and additional 30% loyalty points. Interesting but some sort of free shipping would have been a better move in my opinion.

Here's the link:

https://www.prime1studio.com/opening-sale.html
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:33 PM   #44
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-l-Aoutat View Post
Wow...just bought one as well. Hope the pre-orders does not get cancelled because their website is messed up...
Welcome on board
They had time to check and now it's waitlisted so i don't think we will have problems.

Let wait for the production statues now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Has anyone received shipping notices for orders placed on the new International website? I know the site is new but to get this off the ground and build collector confidence people need to be comfortable ordering expensive items from a site that is especially new even though it's from a recognized name. So far I have not heard anyone with this since the sites inception. We're waiting Prime 1....

And I also saw a new promotion from them to help drive traffic and I assume get orders for statues not moving as quickly they call the Opening Sale with a free diecast batarang and additional 30% loyalty points. Interesting but some sort of free shipping would have been a better move in my opinion.

Here's the link:

https://www.prime1studio.com/opening-sale.html
All i know is about pre-order so it's ok not having shipping notice

About in stock items i have no idea, maybe ask them directly.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #45
Sanitarium84
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Wish they could decrease shipping costs instead. DKR costs $176 to ship to Singapore
Sanitarium84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:11 PM   #46
craigcliff1
Zot

From Facebook.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #47
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
Welcome on board
They had time to check and now it's waitlisted so i don't think we will have problems.

Let wait for the production statues now.

All i know is about pre-order so it's ok not having shipping notice

About in stock items i have no idea, maybe ask them directly.
A very sensitive time being the guinea pig with your paycheck blazing the trail of a new website from foreign soil. I'm sure they are amassing a sizable war chest of orders and pre-order money that would finance a great exit from the world wide web.

Still nobody hearing anything on shipping orders? I am thinking about that 30% & batarang (to throw at my noisy neighbors) for the Batman Noel.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:35 PM   #48
Indomitus

I'm seeing people commenting on Facebook about being 4 weeks out and STILL no shipping notices.

Disgruntling....
Old 09-27-2017, 01:44 AM   #49
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I'm seeing people commenting on Facebook about being 4 weeks out and STILL no shipping notices.

Disgruntling....

Did you know the website was open on 15 September.
Are you Flash? lol
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #50
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Did you know the website was open on 15 September.
Are you Flash? lol
I am actually Reverse Flash....
I went back in time to read Facebook posts...
While I was there I bought some statues before the price hikes...yeah the good old days...
Went to the future and saw the statue prices crash and replaced by Funko Pop domination which scared me so much to come back to today.

A very astute observation and I would agree some exaggeration on the part of impatient collectors.

The good news is we are being told that shipping notices are going out and products are now being shipped. Apparently lots of demand to the site.

Thanks Prime 1.

Sincerely,

Reverse Flash