Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Punisher vs. Winter Soldier
Punisher Lives, Barnes Dies 27 60.00%
Winter Soldier triumphant, Castle dies 16 35.56%
Both Killed Simultaneously 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2014, 05:56 AM   #21
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
I'd have to give the edge to the Punisher in most types of combat except close quarters. I think that the Winter Soldier due to his training, cybernetic arm, and ruthlessness (pre-memory) would be too much for Frank.

While Barnes is no slouch himself with firearms, I think that the Punisher has better tactical planning, marksmanship, and gun fighting skills as well as simply carrying more firepower.

The Punisher over the Winter Soldier 7 times out of 10.
And that's not because his name is Frank?
j/k, I agree with you
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #22
protector2814
Phoenix

After watching Castle for days, getting to know his controlled patterns & sporadic (on purpose) stops & starts, The Winter Soldier picks the perfect spot for a snipe shot. After all, he's been trained to lie in wait, for days if necessary, in order to make that perfect kill shot. Climbing to the top of the Brooklyn Tenement stairs, Bucky loosens the strap on his Russian Sniper rifle, sees Frank leaving the diner across the street, shifts on bended knee & takes sure aim. He does manage to hear the metallic "click" & read the words "Front Toward Enemy" on the now apparent Claymore Mine, before being blown to pieces by a more prepared Punisher.

Frank for the win.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #23
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Fun comments. Frankly (no pun intended), I think Bucky is every bit to stone cold killer Frank is while having a history of being far less discriminate and having the mad hand to hand as well as weapon combat skills that Frank has, if not more so. I think Bucky takes this.

Now that Jason Aaron has Punisher teamed up with Dr. Strange in Original Sin, might also be interesting to see a mini series or story that teams these two up. And, who knows, Bucky's working with Moon Knight in Original Sin as well. Maybe Bucky and Frank will cross paths in that series?
wktf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #24
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
After watching Castle for days, getting to know his controlled patterns & sporadic (on purpose) stops & starts, The Winter Soldier picks the perfect spot for a snipe shot. After all, he's been trained to lie in wait, for days if necessary, in order to make that perfect kill shot. Climbing to the top of the Brooklyn Tenement stairs, Bucky loosens the strap on his Russian Sniper rifle, sees Frank leaving the diner across the street, shifts on bended knee & takes sure aim. He does manage to hear the metallic "click" & read the words "Front Toward Enemy" on the now apparent Claymore Mine, before being blown to pieces by a more prepared Punisher.

Frank for the win.

that's awesome
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #25
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post

Frank for the win.
The Winter Soldier doesn't sweep the area before establishing a sniper nest? Unlikely.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #26
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Punishers one of my favourite characters in all comics but i have a hard time making the case of him being able to beat Bucky.

I think he could perhaps outsmart him given the prep time and maybe use that to escape or otherwise indispose WS, but in a deathmatch Bucky takes it.
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #27
protector2814
Phoenix

Garth Ennis established, in his memorable & iconic Punisher run, that when it comes to preparation, no one beats Frank Castle. Until I read an as-long or as detailed Winter Soldier run, my money is on The Punisher. He'd know he was being hunted and would take every step to outwit the hunter, as he did in dozens of Ennis' issues. Just my opinion mind you.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #28
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
The Winter Soldier doesn't sweep the area before establishing a sniper nest? Unlikely.
Must've left his broom and dust pan at home...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #29
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Must've left his broom and dust pan at home...
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:51 PM   #30
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote