Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who Would Win: Doctor Doom vs. Darth Vader
Doctor Doom 19 59.38%
Darth Vader 13 40.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2015, 11:08 PM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Doctor Doom vs. Darth Vader

Most know that Kirby's Doctor Doom was the visual inspiration for Lucas' Darth Vader. Who you got to win a battle between these two?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Going with Doom. Reed's level of intellect plus Dr. Strange level of magic expertise.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:13 PM   #3
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I would think control over The Force, which I equate to the Power Cosmic (like The Silver Surfer) would give Vader the edge and the win.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
risingstar
Jedi Order

Doom is definitely adept in the mystic arts but he doesn't have Dr. Strange level of sorcery.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #5
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I would think control over The Force, which I equate to the Power Cosmic (like The Silver Surfer) would give Vader the edge and the win.
I always equated the Force much more to telekinesis and less the power cosmic. Surfers control of the power cosmic reaches the absurd, sometimes equaling matter manipulation. I don't think the Force can do that. But I'm also not up to date on Star Wars outside of the movies.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:25 PM   #6
Teague
Iron Man

Power vs. power, I think Vader would win. But it's the Reed-level intellect that throws the wrench into this. Vader is cunning, but he's no genius (I mean, he searched throughout the galaxy for remaining Jedi, but never thought to do an intergalactic phone-book search for anyone named "Kenobi"?). Doom is, and that could give him the edge.

Of course, Doom is also apt to make mistakes due to his massive ego, so there's that, too. And I'd say that the Force is a lot more than just TK, or even mental disciplines as a whole (they include but are not limited to the psi-powers, for sure--I mean, TK, telepathy, mind control, etc, sure--but a lot more too--and the Force Choke alone might be something for which Doom has no counter).

In the end, I'd give the win to Vader, but I'm positive that this could be written either way, and would make complete sense to me.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Doom's strongest asset is his mind and will power. I would not be surprised if he could tap into the Force
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:15 AM   #8
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

He also hired a bunch of guys who couldn't shoot straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Power vs. power, I think Vader would win. But it's the Reed-level intellect that throws the wrench into this. Vader is cunning, but he's no genius (I mean, he searched throughout the galaxy for remaining Jedi, but never thought to do an intergalactic phone-book search for anyone named "Kenobi"?). Doom is, and that could give him the edge.

Of course, Doom is also apt to make mistakes due to his massive ego, so there's that, too. And I'd say that the Force is a lot more than just TK, or even mental disciplines as a whole (they include but are not limited to the psi-powers, for sure--I mean, TK, telepathy, mind control, etc, sure--but a lot more too--and the Force Choke alone might be something for which Doom has no counter).

In the end, I'd give the win to Vader, but I'm positive that this could be written either way, and would make complete sense to me.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #9
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Doom.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:47 PM   #10
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I always equated the Force much more to telekinesis and less the power cosmic. Surfers control of the power cosmic reaches the absurd, sometimes equaling matter manipulation. I don't think the Force can do that. But I'm also not up to date on Star Wars outside of the movies.
This, I found the Force to be a little overrated.

Vader would think that is fighting Doom and suddenly get whacked by the real Doom from behind, like what happen to all those Jedis in Episode 3.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote