Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
ReturningSon
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Question CM Entire Lineup schedule...

CM should release a schedule of all the characters that they are planning to do. This thing of releasing 6 characters a year is great, but at least annouce their whole line. That way it give collectors a chance to hold up and pick out their favorite CMs without buying ones that they don't want.

I heard one guy talking today that he ordered the CM Arnold becuse he thought that they wouldn't release a Terminator 2 judgement day version.
Another guy said that he is going to order the Predator only in hopes that they produce a "Dutch". Why just buy them all you ask? Many collectors out there who can only purchase one of these collectibles. (Myself included) They want to buy one but they are afraid something better might come along. And they should be. I mean these are $1500 collectibles that need a $120 display case (that amount of money needs protection) and all other expenses that I am not aware of.

If CM would provide a list of what they plan to do in the next...say three years or all the characters they know that they are doing, then collectors would be able to see whats coming and be selective. I want to buy the Indy, but what if they release a Rick Deckard? or a Spiderman? I can't buy two...What does anyone think about this...
ReturningSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:38 PM   #2
DetroitSportsFan
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

CM probably won't pick up any new licenses until they complete the ones they already have.

What you're saying can apply to any line... CM, Sideshow, etc. You really never know what the future holds. Who knows... CM may just make what they have announced and Toynami may decide to end the line for whatever reason.

If money's tight (I know how you feel) just buy 1 per year. These are only coming out at a rate of about 3 per year, so you would have to choose 1 out of 3.

DetroitSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Jack and Indy will be mine. I may also get the Godfather.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:38 PM   #4
ReturningSon

At least a "maybe" list

Yeah I can see what your saying, but the thing is it really doesnt apply to any other companies. Sideshow rarely does $1500 products. They do more in the range of $350 to $750 products and those I can afford. But CM only does $1200-$1500 products. I feel that they should at least have a "maybe" list posted somewhere on their site...
More over, sideshow updates their site with brand new and cool previews every month so its not like one has to wait and see what comes out. with CM they only have 7 upcoming characters and with their rate, we won't hear of any more addtions until late 2007 and that is a whole another year. I can see what everybody is saying and it does make sense but it is too much to ask for a maybe list....
Old 07-24-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
LewisD
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Well they can't make a "maybe list" if they don't have the particular license secured. It would be even worse for Cinemaquette to release a "maybe list", only to disapoint fans when they can't get the rights to make a particular character. That is one of the main reasons collectibles companies don't release future plans far in advance...Things can change.
LewisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:33 PM   #6
ReturningSon

Good point, but I know that they have at least secured licenses for FIVE upcoming figures that we have not seen. They have more than you know...

"It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears".
-Rod Serling
Old 07-24-2006, 10:44 PM   #7
DetroitSportsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningSon
Good point, but I know that they have at least secured licenses for FIVE upcoming figures that we have not seen.
Actually it is six, counting Scarface.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:17 AM   #8
LewisD
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Ok, I know about Predator, The Godfather, Bruce Lee, and Lord of The Rings and Scarface...what are the other secured licenses that aren't mentioned on the release schedule?
LewisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:43 PM   #9
DetroitSportsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisD
Ok, I know about Predator, The Godfather, Bruce Lee, and Lord of The Rings and Scarface...what are the other secured licenses that aren't mentioned on the release schedule?
Those are the only secured licenses so far (that we know of).
Old 07-25-2006, 01:46 PM   #10
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

That's until they pick up the "Snakes on a Plane" license. It's the only other movie worthy of being up there with LOTR, Terminator and Indiana Jones.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote