Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-03-2016, 12:50 PM   #91
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Thats's the color pallet I want as well, I think I will try to match the Perot Museum paint job as closely as possible.
That's the perfect color IMO. Btw Paul, when I'm I seen the stego video? I already pay it off but I feel you guys forgot about it.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 01:34 PM   #92
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I've posted jurassicpark_repaints pic just to show how would look the mixture between animatronic rex during night, cgi and maquette, since Paul said he will try to find the middle.
In my opinion, if you are making a 1/5 bust, then it should be the 1/5 T-Rex from Perot Museum, not cgi, not animatronic, not mixture...
Since Paul shared unpainted Female bust with us couple of days ago, I'm interested which bust is in this picture? Is it Male Rex painted as Female? The colors on this pic looks excellent.
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 01:36 PM   #93
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Paul, i trust your judgement. I'm a little concerned that people are giving the washed out, over-exposed daytime CGI scenes a bit too much weight in defining the color scheme of the JP T-Rex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5Co3A3fLBo

The T-Rex was much darker than we remember.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:08 PM   #94
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Geez people. Never seen this many cooks in one kitchen before.
In order to preserve the general peace is better if CC just releases the blank version so people can do their own paintjobs.

I for one have all trust in the CC crew to pull it off and get the JP collectibles we want... and deserve?
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #95
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
I've posted jurassicpark_repaints pic just to show how would look the mixture between animatronic rex during night, cgi and maquette, since Paul said he will try to find the middle.
In my opinion, if you are making a 1/5 bust, then it should be the 1/5 T-Rex from Perot Museum, not cgi, not animatronic, not mixture...
Since Paul shared unpainted Female bust with us couple of days ago, I'm interested which bust is in this picture? Is it Male Rex painted as Female? The colors on this pic looks excellent.
That was the male scuplt before the repaint
dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #96
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
In order to preserve the general peace is better if CC just releases the blank version so people can do their own paintjobs.

I for one have all trust in the CC crew to pull it off and get the JP collectibles we want... and deserve?
If it's too hot maybe it's time to get out of the kitchen.

as per Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I'll be painting this one as well, start digging up the reference guys. Right now the one at the Perot museum everyone thinks is to dark and to stripped. We based the Breakout on that paint job and everyone likes it, even Universal. I think that Universal may want the same paint job as the Perot museum after seeing all that we've done to date.

Let's get the paint debate out of the way, we have a little time, so start posting pics and tearing them apart before I start slinging paint.
Even though it seems the paint scheme has already been determined, Paul asked for reference pictures and opinions before he starts painting. I posted reference images and my opinion on other's desired paint schemes.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:21 PM   #97
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post

there's nothing wrong with giving ideas and debating. I mean, its a fun part of waiting. But I'm pretty sure in the end we are going to love the final design.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:45 PM   #98
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygarrett09 View Post
That was the male scuplt before the repaint
Since the Male is sold out, and Female has different head design, I think it wouldn't hurt that Paul share more pics of this bust. I guess it was early prototype made just to show how the base would look like
I'm also confident that it will be cool at the end, but the waiting is killing all of us
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:58 PM   #99
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
If it's too hot maybe it's time to get out of the kitchen.
In a moment. Let me turn the gas up before I'm leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
there's nothing wrong with giving ideas and debating. I mean, its a fun part of waiting. But I'm pretty sure in the end we are going to love the final design.
And there you go. I totally agree with it all and it wasn't a problem it's just some people take everything personally. No problems here it's just the bit too green, no it's brown, no it's yellow is funny.
Let Paul and crew do their jobs. We gonna love it anyway.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:08 PM   #100
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

This is the giant size photograph in the Winston Effect. The main image for the 'Stan Winston Created Dinosaurs' chapter

minus the annoying water marks.