Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #1
comicrph
Frackin!

Children

On an unrealated note (this is the forum I watch the most). I'm finding my 3yo girl wanting to watch Spider-Man cartoons and starting to dig the whole comic sceen. I have a funny feeling whatever she collects is going to be much more expensive than what I do! Anyone else seeing or have the same problem?
comicrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicrph
On an unrealated note (this is the forum I watch the most). I'm finding my 3yo girl wanting to watch Spider-Man cartoons and starting to dig the whole comic sceen. I have a funny feeling whatever she collects is going to be much more expensive than what I do! Anyone else seeing or have the same problem?

Not really. There's lots more to distract and keep kids busy than when I was growing up in the 70s. Sure, some kids today may love comics, but they also devote much of their time to the Internet, cable TV, X-box or PS2, dvd movies, homework, and if they're lucky, actual real life friends in the outside world.

If you're thinking of buying comics for the kids, I'd go for the trade paperback editions. They tend to be cheaper and the formats are more durable and longer lasting. Also, you can enjoy them too! I recomend the Marvel Visionaries series.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
Tattoo-X

My 5 year old niece has been a Spider-Man fan since around 8 months old or so.
She used a Spider-Man card to teeth on.
She and her 3 year old sister has quite a collection so far.
She'll probably be POSTing tonight, with my help.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #4
rychehitman
Galactus

My son turned FOUR today! ( ) And he and I were having a conversation about his favorite heroes. #1 was superman...(he watches Smallville, JLU, and the oldSuperman cartoon with Daddy!)...#2 was Supergirl ( JLU again ), #3 Spiderman (Underoos and Cartoons/movies), #4 Batman (Cartoons/Movies), and #5 Krypto (cartoon!)

HE loves playing with my looses Marvel Legends and old Action figures, particularly the old Galactus from the FF series that has the drill that lights up! He thinks all my stuff is "cool", and I am lucky that he is very careful around them, and doesnt handle the breakables! He is looking forward to his first mini bust, which will most likely be the upcoming movie piece!

If my kids show interest in my hobbies, I will be thrilled to share it with them, but if they do not, I will support thier own desires. I just think it is important to collect something in life!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:18 AM   #5
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

my 6 year old daughter knows all my favorite characters by site and love justice league, teen titans, and anything superhero. I always grab some girl hero books from the >25 boxes when I go to shows and she loves them. My 3 year old is starting to pick up on the same habits
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote