Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-10-2015, 05:24 PM   #1
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Jurasic World Spoiler Thread

So i went and saw this one today with My 10 Year old son.

First of all it a much more action packed movie than the first 3 ones. I was a bit supprised by some of the gore scenes and My son reacted as well. So if you kids are sensetive like mine please Parents be warned.

I liked the images of the movie, very Grand and nice images I also liked the referenses to the first movie. The overall story is the same, you should not play god, you should not try to have dangerous animals captive etc etc. Nothing New there.

I was not so fond of the whole Idea to use the velociraptors in the Army, and that they could be semi-tamed, but it did work with the story at the end to have a kind of loyalty from Raptor Blue.

Some cheesy moments at the end also when the dinosaurs have like a "bro" moment and dont attack eachother and Chris pratts end coment was one of the worse in movie history, even if it was meant as a joke it was lame.

Overall 3.5/5

What you guys and gals think of the movie. And remember "there is always a bigger fish"..
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:03 AM   #2
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Well, I haven't watched it yet but I already wrote an article about it at Movie Pilot. In my opinion, this is a must watch at the theater and I can't wait.

7 reasons you need to watch Jurassic World - moviepilot.com
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:37 AM   #3
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

The self awareness in Jurassic World has characters questioning the park's existence and corporate direction thus mirroring some of the doubts of the audience in regards to this franchise.

I liked the early pacing of the movie with its gradual build up, as it then kicks into gear and it stays that way for a while. And though I liked hearing John Williams' Jurassic Park theme music through the course of the film, I wasn't too pleased when they introduced it early on without it being part of a momentous occasion; even though I know I can't expect them to replicate the revealing awe moment like in the first film.

The characters aren't really all memorable and some of their actions and motives seems dubious, but they didn't make me cringe and Chris Pratt is a delight to watch even though he toned down his usual charm for most parts.

The movie was overall fun, delivered plenty of good dino action with some genuine scary moments along with few surprises. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing another sequel exploring the fallout from this movie.
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:54 AM   #4
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Yes it was actually a positive supprise better than expected. The first thing my son Said "Will there be a fifth?".. Now they are all alone in the Island.
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #5
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I liked it quite a bit, probably and 8/10 for me. Of course it had issues but it is the first worthwhile sequel we have seen. Nothing will ever eclipse JP, of course, and no one should expect it to.

I ended up warming up to the idea of the "trained" raptors much more than I thought I would. All the scenes with Indominous were great and liked how they used T-Rex at the end. I really wanted the T-Rex and Blue to finish it, lot it was a little over-the-top to have the Mosasauraus finish him, but it was certainly unexpected.

Interested to see what they have planned for the sequel.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post

Some cheesy moments at the end also when the dinosaurs have like a "bro" moment and dont attack eachother and Chris pratts end coment was one of the worse in movie history, even if it was meant as a joke it was lame.

The bro moment between the T-Rex and Blue was a little odd lol.

What was Pratt's cheesy comment at the end, I'm struggling to remember it?
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:20 PM   #7
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
The self awareness in Jurassic World has characters questioning the park's existence and corporate direction thus mirroring some of the doubts of the audience in regards to this franchise.

I liked the early pacing of the movie with its gradual build up, as it then kicks into gear and it stays that way for a while. And though I liked hearing John Williams' Jurassic Park theme music through the course of the film, I wasn't too pleased when they introduced it early on without it being part of a momentous occasion; even though I know I can't expect them to replicate the revealing awe moment like in the first film.

The characters aren't really all memorable and some of their actions and motives seems dubious, but they didn't make me cringe and Chris Pratt is a delight to watch even though he toned down his usual charm for most parts.

The movie was overall fun, delivered plenty of good dino action with some genuine scary moments along with few surprises. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing another sequel exploring the fallout from this movie.
I pretty much agree with everything you said except the part in bold. The John Williams JP theme was used in pretty much the same way in the original film. The theme song is playing while the helicopter approaches the island and while they land in front of the waterfall. Nothing crazy going on in that scene. In Jurassic World I felt it was actually used a little better by revealing a fully operational theme park that Hammond never got a chance to see come to life.

Unless the JP theme was introduced earlier than that in JW (could have been, need to see it again), it has better visual timing in JW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
The bro moment between the T-Rex and Blue was a little odd lol.

What was Pratt's cheesy comment at the end, I'm struggling to remember it?
I believe it was something along the lines of "I think we'd better to stick together... for survival".
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:32 PM   #8
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Kevin Feige just tweeted this. Artwork by Andy Park, one of the concept artists at Marvel Studios.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:01 PM   #9
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I pretty much agree with everything you said except the part in bold. The John Williams JP theme was used in pretty much the same way in the original film. The theme song is playing while the helicopter approaches the island and while they land in front of the waterfall. Nothing crazy going on in that scene. In Jurassic World I felt it was actually used a little better by revealing a fully operational theme park that Hammond never got a chance to see come to life.
You make a good point about the scene revealing the operational theme park something which Hammond always wanted, hence makes the usage of the music little more significant.

But the music that was used during the opening helicopter scene in Jurassic Park is not the same piece of music used during the theme park opening scene of Jurassic World.

I am referring to the opening of the "Welcome to Jurassic Park" track which is a more gentler tune and it was used when they see the Brachiosaurus for the first time. It is widely known as the Jurassic Park theme. This was used in Jurassic World.

The helicopter scene uses the "Journey to the Island" track. This was also famous as another one of the themes from Jurassic Park, but is obviously very different and has a more grand feel to it (the key music kicks after 1:30 into the track). This is piece of music of course also continues in the Welcome to Jurassic Park track, but is in the second half.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #10
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
You make a good point about the scene revealing the operational theme park something which Hammond always wanted, hence makes the usage of the music little more significant.

But the music that was used during the opening helicopter scene in Jurassic Park is not the same piece of music used during the theme park opening scene of Jurassic World.

I am referring to the opening of the "Welcome to Jurassic Park" track which is a more gentler tune and it was used when they see the Brachiosaurus for the first time. It is widely known as the Jurassic Park theme. This was used in Jurassic World.

The helicopter scene uses the "Journey to the Island" track. This was also famous as another one of the themes from Jurassic Park, but is obviously very different and has a more grand feel to it (the key music kicks after 1:30 into the track). This is piece of music of course also continues in the Welcome to Jurassic Park track, but is in the second half.
No wonder they are very similar. It's practically the same song.

Anyway, I see the distinction but I think either track would have worked with the reveal of the operational park in JW. Both songs scream Jurassic Park to me.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote