Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-08-2015, 11:48 AM   #1381
protector2814
Phoenix

That's how I interpreted it. She was summoning him. Which, of coarse, opens up all kind of possibilities for next season.

This may seem a silly question, & I apologize ahead for asking it but my wife asked last night while watching with me ... "Is this Earth?" I told her no, that it was another planet, but has that ever been even addressed in the books? I guess it's not important, but this isn't "ancient earth" like in the Tolkien' books, is it?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #1382
gomur
The Tick

I don't hate Stannis. I hated Andrea and Low-ri from Walking Dead FAR MORE.

Stannis was torn up about what he had to do, but it's to fulfill destiny and for the betterment of the realm. That he would sacrifice so much for victory has to rally the troops - or scare 'em away.

Poor Shireen and poor Ser Davos when he returns.

Surprised Stannis's wife gave a damn about their child. She's been so cold towards her until the end.

That spear toss after fighting three warriors and getting wounded. Ser Jorah is a freakin' baller. Guy needed a break after the banishment and grey scale.

So Dani's would-be husband wasn't in on the assassination attempt? Sad face. At least he got a laugh at Tyrion and Daario's expense. RIP.

I thought Dani leaving was to keep her dragon from dying protecting her. Also removing herself from the Sons of the Harpy would get them to stop fighting. And I'll be damned if her riding a dragon wasn't awe inspiring. Took me back to season 1 and her dear brother Viserys: "The brave men did not kill dragons. The brave men rode them."
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #1383
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
That's how I interpreted it. She was summoning him. Which, of coarse, opens up all kind of possibilities for next season.

This may seem a silly question, & I apologize ahead for asking it but my wife asked last night while watching with me ... "Is this Earth?" I told her no, that it was another planet, but has that ever been even addressed in the books? I guess it's not important, but this isn't "ancient earth" like in the Tolkien' books, is it?
If that's the case I'd be a little more satisfied with it, although it's a heck of a time for that to happen without ever being mentioned as a possibility.

I don't think it's ever been mentioned or even thought about as to what planet they are on, but like you said I don't think it really matters. It's probably along the lines of Tolkien and ancient earth. Honestly never gave that any thought.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #1384
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I don't hate Stannis. I hated Andrea and Low-ri from Walking Dead FAR MORE.

Stannis was torn up about what he had to do, but it's to fulfill destiny and for the betterment of the realm. That he would sacrifice so much for victory has to rally the troops - or scare 'em away.

Poor Shireen and poor Ser Davos when he returns.

Surprised Stannis's wife gave a damn about their child. She's been so cold towards her until the end.
Yup, I get all that but still... I hope someone burns him at the stake!

I want to see what this does to Davos' loyalty towards Stannis. He had previously saved Gendry so he's not above betrayal.

I was surprised by the wife's last minute change of heart, but too little too late.

RIP little Shereen.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #1385
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Ok, while the show was good, after last week's really good CGI and direction I felt that this week's episode was just so blah. The pacing, movements and flow of the fighting pit scenes were jerky and predicatable. And Dany she rides away on Drogon in the books too so I was prepared for it to happen, but it was really cheesy. Something just didn't work for me.

However, the rest of the show was on point. Stannis is a cold SOB and Arya is a force.

I'm pretty excited for next season because it will be all new stuff! No books to ruin the show
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:21 PM   #1386
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Arya is a force.
Is she finally going to cross a name off her list herself, rather than having them crossed off for her.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #1387
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Stannis is one of TV's great s-o-b's. So hope he gets what's coming to him.
that's what pisses me off, I know this isn't book discussion but ugh... he wouldn't have done that...."if I should die see to it my daughter is placed upon the iron throne!" that is not the thing a man that is going to burn his friggin only Heir alive to melt some snow would say
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:17 PM   #1388
adee
Green Arrow

How did Dany sit on the dragon with all those spikes
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #1389
whd
Suicide Squad

I don't believe that Dany is supposed to have purposefully summoned Drogon, but rather the dragon sensed her extreme distress and came to her rescue. In the behind the scenes snippet, the creators indicated that she closed her eyes because she was resigned to her fate and didn't want to die cowering in fear.

I was just happy to see some actual dragon action.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #1390
MrYac
Hercules

Ghost would've killed all the harpies without abandoning his friends... just saying Wolves FORVER DRAGONS NEVER!!
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote