Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-13-2019, 01:07 PM   #141
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah I've gotta have this one, for me personally I've just come to realize my interest is primarily in statues that have something unique about them. A bit different. Something that while still staying true to the original/classic character, they have something interesting going on with them.

Statues like this, the Samurai Batman, the Bermejo Joker, even the DKR Superman and Batman's where yes they are in their (for the most part) "classic" costumes, they have a bulkier, more "worn" appearance. Those are the statues that stand out to me and are the ones I'm willing to pay this kind of money for.

I think it's why I've been wavering on the Hush pieces recently because while they're nice, there will always be similar things made. The Batman Hush doesn't really stand out for any reason, and I'm going to GUESS the Catwoman is going to be about the same. As for Superman while the look isn't unique, I do love the fact that it's really tall and presenting him as if he's hovering.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #142
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Yeah I've gotta have this one, for me personally I've just come to realize my interest is primarily in statues that have something unique about them. A bit different. Something that while still staying true to the original/classic character, they have something interesting going on with them.

Statues like this, the Samurai Batman, the Bermejo Joker, even the DKR Superman and Batman's where yes they are in their (for the most part) "classic" costumes, they have a bulkier, more "worn" appearance. Those are the statues that stand out to me and are the ones I'm willing to pay this kind of money for.

I think it's why I've been wavering on the Hush pieces recently because while they're nice, there will always be similar things made. The Batman Hush doesn't really stand out for any reason, and I'm going to GUESS the Catwoman is going to be about the same. As for Superman while the look isn't unique, I do love the fact that it's really tall and presenting him as if he's hovering.
Well said, I've been having this sentiment. I can see myself getting this Batman along with the Ninja anime Joker, because they're still recognizably Batman and the Joker to me, but each oozing with so much more personality. I think I'm done with vanilla intepretations of characters unless they're just really exceptionally done.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:15 PM   #143
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
good call brother, i also plan on picking this up. i was hesitant about the base at first and still feel it could be improved upon, but overall this is one of the coolest and most impressive statues ive ever seen

I don't mind the base other than I think it's probably way too big. What are your issues with it? Maybe I should read back a bit. I like everything about this piece pretty much. Guess I'll have to read the comic now, eh?
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:31 PM   #144
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post

I don't mind the base other than I think it's probably way too big. What are your issues with it? Maybe I should read back a bit. I like everything about this piece pretty much. Guess I'll have to read the comic now, eh?
if i were to nitpick i wish it was a little smaller but taller and the foliage was toned down just a hair - but again thats being super nitpicky
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #145
mva5580

I was pretty blown away when Radd Titan posted the measurements video.....I believe it was 31" W, 24" H, and 21" D.

I know it is obviously nowhere near the same "bulk" considering the characters compared, but those generic measurements are in Hulkbuster territory.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #146
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
if i were to nitpick i wish it was a little smaller but taller and the foliage was toned down just a hair - but again thats being super nitpicky
I can see your points. Personally, I'd just like to see it shaved down a bit footprint-wise. But, I'll take it as is fo sho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I was pretty blown away when Radd Titan posted the measurements video.....I believe it was 31" W, 24" H, and 21" D.

I know it is obviously nowhere near the same "bulk" considering the characters compared, but those generic measurements are in Hulkbuster territory.
Yeah. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to find him a good home in an enclosed case. All that detail in the vegetation and everywhere else could become a real b!tch to dust off.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:54 PM   #147
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
Yeah he can detail everything but Batman's face lol.

People like Batman. To be a fan of Batman you don't have to read every single one of his comics in existence. You can always read the story later.

That would be cool if they offered the EX as a Capullo head just for the fans and then have this head as the realistic head.

In this piece I can still see some similarities to Capullo though, like the grin and that huge chin. The only thing that's missing is to make his head super narrow and long, which I don't think would look good at all.
I understand why folks would want Capullo's i spired face, but it was Tony Moore that did the cover for this particular issue. Even though I don't think the statue resembles it that much. I love this piece. Afraid to think what it might cost.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:17 PM   #148
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Set aside $1500 and worry later
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:19 PM   #149
mva5580

Look at the (in only this way) bright side; however much money you're going to spend on this, you probably have until like early 2021 to find it.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:03 PM   #150
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
I understand why folks would want Capullo's i spired face, but it was Tony Moore that did the cover for this particular issue. Even though I don't think the statue resembles it that much. I love this piece. Afraid to think what it might cost.
True, he did the cover but Capullo came up with the bike and drew the the rest of zero year so I think that's why I remember Capullo more than just Tony Moore doing a cover.

You thinking under or over 1k? Shoot I still got Hush batman to pay off as well as a couple others lol.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote