Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-22-2016, 01:44 AM   #101
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Thanks, preordered!
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:57 AM   #102
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Looks like it's a removable helmet. I love the face, it's gorgeous.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:48 AM   #103
zteinr
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortadela View Post
Hmmm, her unmasked face is a little boring. Maybe its just the picture. I think she looks better with the helmet on.
zteinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:19 PM   #104
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

These look awesome! Definitely on my want list.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:40 PM   #105
HieroJux
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
The unmasked head is lovely. I'm glad they're including it.

I remember posting in another thread that these things were likely to be $100 each in the future. It looks like it's going to happen much sooner than I thought.
They'll keep going up and it's going to make a lot of people be very selective. I don't think they will make a lot more money as a result, unless they start doing better versions of characters they've already done, because they've already released the most popular characters. I know there was some speculation about the Edward Scissorhands bishoujo being $90 as possibly having something to do with the licensing fees or some such. Well I guess we have our answer.
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:10 AM   #106
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Why are these becoming more and more expensive? I love these statues. And yes the detail are good. But. I will have to start cutting back.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:55 AM   #107
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Increasing materials & factory production costs? Noticed the more detailed & bigger the bishoujo, the higher the price rises. Unlike Thor & Scissorhands (RRP $90 each) Spider Gwen, Harley Quinn V2, & Wonder Girl are around $70. Lucky Chloe is detailed but smaller (1/8 scale) hence why it's $70.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:42 AM   #108
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroJux View Post
They'll keep going up and it's going to make a lot of people be very selective. I don't think they will make a lot more money as a result, unless they start doing better versions of characters they've already done, because they've already released the most popular characters. I know there was some speculation about the Edward Scissorhands bishoujo being $90 as possibly having something to do with the licensing fees or some such. Well I guess we have our answer.
If the whole industry wasn't having MASSIVE and rapid price increases I would think it was Kotobukiya but I just can't believe so.

China is trying to flex its muscles as far as it's worth as a production locale.

I'm still able to get most Bishoujos for ~$50 if I wait so I'm fine with that option.

Thor and Loki may backfire on them a bit. Though they are very recognizable as movie characters they along with some of the more recent designs like Squirrel Girl are drifting away from sexy and revealing.

They don't all have to have the same body type but these things have always had an aspect that satisfied a guy's inner perv and I don't believe it's best to deviate from that. Of course this may be licensor push back.

People loved the super slutty aspect of Jason and Freddy but these and Scissorhands & Chucky are devoid of that edge.

T&A & Horror go together like PB&J.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:20 AM   #109
mickey
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Thor and Loki may backfire on them a bit. Though they are very recognizable as movie characters they along with some of the more recent designs like Squirrel Girl are drifting away from sexy and revealing.

They don't all have to have the same body type but there is an aspect of these things that has satisfied a guy's inner perv and I don't believe it's best to deviate from that too much.

People loved the super slutty aspect of Jason and Freddy but Scissorhands & Chucky are devoid of that edge.

T&A & Horror go together like PB&J.
In all honesty, I'm not in this line for the huge tits and round ass. In fact, I find it a little uncomfortable buying and having REALLY sexy female figures.
I love how Starfire is with her "package" and it wasn't awkward for me to get her as how hot she is,
because that's how Starfire is supposed to be.
As long as I find the faces of these bishoujo versions attractive or cute, they are fine for me.
For me, some characters can do without the exaggerated "assets" and if they force it to make a character look way too sexy just to fit in a line,
I'd probably pass on it. Like what Megahouse did with Android 18 for their Dragon Ball Gals line.
They made her so sexy that the look they gave her just can't fit with how I see her character.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Android Megahouse.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	97230  
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #110
sbsp13668
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If the whole industry wasn't having MASSIVE and rapid price increases I would think it was Kotobukiya but I just can't believe so.

China is trying to flex its muscles as far as it's worth as a production locale.

I'm still able to get most Bishoujos for ~$50 if I wait so I'm fine with that option.
Where and how do you get them for that price? I would love to get them for that! XD
sbsp13668 is offline   Reply With Quote