Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-24-2020, 10:37 PM   #3761
Drdoom
Frackin!

Is sideshow ever going to have Guts for pre-order?
Drdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:13 AM   #3762
Mooste
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

-double post-
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:13 AM   #3763
Mooste

You know, I am thinking about getting Skull knight on horse but I am doubting between the reg and the dx. Not sure if the dx is worth the extra money. The extra portrait is based on a SK prototype so really not that interesting imho. And the sword switch outs just makes the statue higher, not that much more interesting.

Any advise from the people here?
Old 07-29-2020, 05:13 AM   #3764
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
You know, I am thinking about getting Skull knight on horse but I am doubting between the reg and the dx. Not sure if the dx is worth the extra money. The extra portrait is based on a SK prototype so really not that interesting imho. And the sword switch outs just makes the statue higher, not that much more interesting.

Any advise from the people here?
The difference in price is only $250, and usually EX editions of a statue versus regular editions can fetch up to an extra 25% of the original price in the aftermarket. And on top of that, if you're ready to invest this much in a Berserk statue, you're obviously a fan. And as a fan, who's already paying so much, what's another extra $250 in the end scheme? Personally, I like the crown spikes on the EX head more, and the EX comes with two extra sword drawn hands with one of them being my preferred display - holding the sword low and behind =)
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:59 PM   #3765
bleecher
Doh!

I'm just hoping they decide to release the Skull Knight on candelit base some day and make it a 1/3 so I can pair it with 1/3 Guts.
bleecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:51 AM   #3766
Mooste

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
The difference in price is only $250, and usually EX editions of a statue versus regular editions can fetch up to an extra 25% of the original price in the aftermarket. And on top of that, if you're ready to invest this much in a Berserk statue, you're obviously a fan. And as a fan, who's already paying so much, what's another extra $250 in the end scheme? Personally, I like the crown spikes on the EX head more, and the EX comes with two extra sword drawn hands with one of them being my preferred display - holding the sword low and behind =)
You make a fair argument about investing this much in a statue. I will take it in account. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleecher View Post
I'm just hoping they decide to release the Skull Knight on candelit base some day and make it a 1/3 so I can pair it with 1/3 Guts.
Good point, I was expecting this statue way before the SK on horse. What I saw a very good statue from videos. I wonder why they released SK on horse before that one.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:02 AM   #3767
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I wouldn't buy to invest. Just buy because you want it.
Planning to resell for profit is very hit or miss lately, I'm selling some pieces that aren't even worth the msrp on ebay anymore.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:02 AM   #3768
Drakul

double post
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:33 AM   #3769
DiscoCougar

My comment about the after market value wasn't meant to mean "do it so you can resell it." It was meant to be an extra incentive fact in that "the extra $250 you spend isn't frivolous because Ex versions tend to be worth more than regular versions by a good percentage margin" =)
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 03:29 PM   #3770
vhernandez3242
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Can anyone provide the measurements of the base for the 1/4 Guts Black Swordsman piece??

I am looking to get a pedestal for mine and can't find this info anywhere since the site takes the whole statues dimensions into consideration.

Would be MUCH appreciated!!
vhernandez3242 is offline   Reply With Quote