Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #21
Python
Omega Red

This is sure to be impressive in person!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #22
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

If only I could trust HCGs paint dept.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #23
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
If only I could trust HCGs paint dept.

Indeed. I can't help but think that what we will recieve will just look very plasticy and tacky. $1600 is alot of money to put down on this gamble.

I hope those who order are greeted with a great product
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:25 PM   #24
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

How flexible is HCG with customers not being satisfied with the paint? I have never ordered from them but would want a full refund if the paint does not hold up on the production piece.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #25
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Hcg tend to be very good with prop Replicas but with everything else not so much!

I really like this but for some reason I was expecting it to be less than $1600 and no doubt the uk price will be something ridiculous like £2k
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:34 AM   #26
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
I really like this but for some reason I was expecting it to be less than $1600 and no doubt the uk price will be something ridiculous like £2k

£1425 at CDUK. Which actually isn't terrible compared to some of their prices of late. Buying direct would be £1366 (currently and accounting for 20% import tax) without shipping which could potentially be pretty pricey on this. Still very expensive of course...

https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk...1-x-51-cm.html
Old 03-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #27
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Wonder what’s the chances of this actually shipping third quarter
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:51 PM   #28
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
£1425 at CDUK. Which actually isn't terrible compared to some of their prices of late. Buying direct would be £1366 (currently and accounting for 20% import tax) without shipping which could potentially be pretty pricey on this. Still very expensive of course...

https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk...1-x-51-cm.html
Yeah saw it go up and agree it’s actually not bad compared to the dollar price. I’m not sure why but as much as I like it (which is quite a lot) I just don’t see a £1400 piece I’d say more like £800-£1000 tops.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #29
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Sorry, but ive come to learn HCG do everything on the lowest quality and cheapest materials. They must use the china factories other companies wont use. EVERY piece Ive ever recieved from them is so poorly casted, painted and in some cases never looks like the prototype that people are purchasing these things on. This Queen is not a very good sculpt at all. Sorry Bjorn but its true. The face is off big time if your going off camerons design and the hands are soooooo small, they are just a little bigger than the small two middle hands. The real hands are twice the size. Another stinker from HCG!
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #30
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
Sorry, but ive come to learn HCG do everything on the lowest quality and cheapest materials. They must use the china factories other companies wont use. EVERY piece Ive ever recieved from them is so poorly casted, painted and in some cases never looks like the prototype that people are purchasing these things on. This Queen is not a very good sculpt at all. Sorry Bjorn but its true. The face is off big time if your going off camerons design and the hands are soooooo small, they are just a little bigger than the small two middle hands. The real hands are twice the size. Another stinker from HCG!

To be honest, I only have one piece from them and I absolutely love it. Although it is from several years ago. I always assumed their quality to be around the levels of Sideshow. I:E average compared to some higher end companies such as ECC and Prime 1 etc. But better than others. They have always been better at props than human characters.

My HCG P2 stunt mask. They did manage to put the mesh on upside down, but the rest is great imo...