Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #21
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I now know whats throwing this off a bit for me. the legs are positioned exactly like the current XM wolverine and the upper body is very stiff. im sure this will change as time goes along but that's my first reaction.

also XM why not take away the sword and helmet and put ninja stars, arrows and other ninja weapons scattered around ( maybe even a ninja or 2 face down on the roof)

then once you get to doing silver samurai you can mirror the wolverine base and have him with his sword ready to take on wolverine. it would be 2 great pieces that could stand alone but also interconnect to make a "diorama"

man, i should have saved this idea for the "silver samurai design contest" ahaha.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:13 PM   #22
SONICobra
Batman

looks awesome, only thing I would suggest is lose the swords they look odd sticking up from the top of the roof in their sheaths. they make the base look a little too busy, less is more
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #23
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
I now know whats throwing this off a bit for me. the legs are positioned exactly like the current XM wolverine and the upper body is very stiff. im sure this will change as time goes along but that's my first reaction.

also XM why not take away the sword and helmet and put ninja stars, arrows and other ninja weapons scattered around ( maybe even a ninja or 2 face down on the roof)

then once you get to doing silver samurai you can mirror the wolverine base and have him with his sword ready to take on wolverine. it would be 2 great pieces that could stand alone but also interconnect to make a "diorama"

man, i should have saved this idea for the "silver samurai design contest" ahaha.
Now THAT can't be a coincidence.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:23 PM   #24
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I'm more excited about a potential 1/4 Silver Samurai!
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #25
adee
Green Arrow

If the base features were optional that would cool. It just all seems a bit much for me right now.
Is the piece on the corner of the roof a coy fish?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #26
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

THIS is the Wolverine I've been waiting my entire collecting life for. I've always been partial to the brown costume, love the earthy tones to it. This will be mine for certain.

Definitely agree some arrows would add a lot to the theme.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:57 PM   #27
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
THIS is the Wolverine I've been waiting my entire collecting life for. I've always been partial to the brown costume, love the earthy tones to it. This will be mine for certain.

Definitely agree some arrows would add a lot to the theme.
Yep, I feel the same way. I always liked the brown costume more than the yellow one.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #28
ambasah
Red Skull

I just hope his claws are not over the top.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:12 PM   #29
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
looks awesome, only thing I would suggest is lose the swords they look odd sticking up from the top of the roof in their sheaths. they make the base look a little too busy, less is more
I disagree with this for this particular piece. I hear everyone saying remove the swords but add arrows, ninja stars, a couple dead ninja, etc. Whichever way you go, its going to be busy.

For a dynamic statue like Wolvie, I feel the extra touches like what is suggested or what is there now bring the scene to life. You can tell he is in a battle and not just posing.

JM2C
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:13 PM   #30
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

I'll be waiting for the SS version. I wanted him in the snow so he could be paired up with a future sabertooth. It looks like both companies will have this in the works at the same time.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote