Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-05-2018, 01:13 PM   #91
SONICobra
Batman

To be fair this is part of the "samurai line" so its going to have some things that are a little out of the norm, but would be cool if they were optional. I actually quite like the teeth portrait and would maybe even display it from time to time even if i were able to strip the rest of it down to a more traditional version of the character. Thats an easy fix though, plus a more traditional coh was already shown
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #92
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I understand people would want a more traditional Deathstroke but to me you're missing the entire point of this line. It's literally to make non traditional versions of DC characters. I personally love it! My issue is I missed Batman and frankly there is no chance that I'll be picking it up for resale. Which leaves something of a huge gap. I've been pondering would the P1 ninja Batman work with this line. These all look fantastic.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #93
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I understand people would want a more traditional Deathstroke but to me you're missing the entire point of this line. It's literally to make non traditional versions of DC characters. I personally love it! My issue is I missed Batman and frankly there is no chance that I'll be picking it up for resale. Which leaves something of a huge gap. I've been pondering would the P1 ninja Batman work with this line. These all look fantastic.
I'm with you 100%. I bit the bullet and paid the aftermarket for Batman because I could not have Catwoman and Poison Ivy (and maybe others in the future) without Batman.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:51 PM   #94
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Wow! Love the look of this one. Can't wait to see more.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:08 PM   #95
nearmint
Phoenix

He has to have the Samurai elements or XM will be operating outside of their license.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:57 PM   #96
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
XM said it themselves that people who missed out on Batman Samurai (Mainly the US customers) can rest assured that they are making another Batman for US customers so that they can collect the line and have a Batman. Its Batman on a horse with some even more Japanese armor. It looks cool.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:05 PM   #97
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
XM said it themselves that people who missed out on Batman Samurai (Mainly the US customers) can rest assured that they are making another Batman for US customers so that they can collect the line and have a Batman. Its Batman on a horse with some even more Japanese armor. It looks cool.
It looks great, but I’m not sure it will be anymore affordable than finding a Samurai Batman on the secondary market. Apparently, horses are expensive.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:59 PM   #98
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I just looked at the Horse concept. Looks awesome. Sure it will come with an equally Awesome price.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:08 PM   #99
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
His whole bicep is still in tact, it just looks thinner because of the dark shadowing.

I get what your saying. I did think about that, too. I zoomed in and saw (covered in shadow) the left edge of his left bicep ...which your pic shows off better. But here's why I say his left bicep is smaller now than before.

In your pic above (going left to right) you can see there is one crease just after the flat part of his bicep. You can see shadow on the left side of that crease and light deflecting off the right side of that crease.

Now look at the left bicep on the original render above. You can see (going left to right) that there are two creases just after the flat part of his bicep. You can see shadow on the flat part of his bicep just left of the first crease, then light reflecting off the curved part between the first/second crease and lastly shadow again just right of the second crease before the bicep/tricep separation.

The 2 creases alone shows you that the original render has a wider depth on his left bicep. The left bicep on the new pic has lost that additional width. Its like the bicep on the original render is a rectangle with a trapezoid added on top of it, but the bicep on the new pic is just a rectangle.

Also note that in the new pic, Deathstroke has his left arm bent ...so that means his bicep should be contracted. That means his left bicep should be bigger than when his left arm is straight.

I want to get this statue, too ...so I feel like I need to point out what I see.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:41 AM   #100
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Picture from Ang Seng

"On to this death guy now...see you in STGCC 2018...", Ang Seng."

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

XM Studios European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote