Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-07-2015, 09:05 AM   #1561
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I disagree. If I'd seen Jedi-dons photo's at the start I may have been convinced to buy, however, when unboxing the statue, my perspective would have been similar to the original photos and I would have been underwhelmed. Jedi-dons photos are nicely staged and taken from a distance.....I dare say Quasimodo looked good from a certain distance

What's good about this whole thing, is that those NOT put off by the original photos can rest assured that, certainly, under specific conditions (not all) the statue looks OK. For others, the original photos provided enough "warning" to make a purchase decision, and if you wanted a perfect match to the prototype (and why shouldn't you?) you could save yourself the hassle and disappointment.

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:38 AM   #1562
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Well, when you've invested your money, and need to have others agree with you to justify your purchase anything that goes against your kool Aid is going to come across as mad.....I'll take your disagreement as my own confirmation.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #1563
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
+1
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #1564
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
The spear gun is supposed to be on the base

EDIT: I just noticed you assembled the base backwards. That is why the spear gun isn't resting on the base. The numbered edition should be in the backside. I did the same thing the first time I assembled mine
Got it. Thanks. I just flipped it around.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:45 PM   #1565
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Well, when you've invested your money, and need to have others agree with you to justify your purchase anything that goes against your kool Aid is going to come across as mad.....I'll take your disagreement as my own confirmation.
My argument is against people who judge a statue based on pictures vs those who have it in hand.

Your arguing that because Jedi_Don is good with taking pictures that the statue does not look as good as his pictures would have you believe and that the statue actually looks more like the bad picture. Even though you have never seen it in hand..

That's all I was saying with my emoticon
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #1566
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Then there is the flip side to that coin... when you've made up your mind about a piece and line in general, well before pictures surface, and you feel the need to have others agree with you to justify your non-purchase. Anything that goes against your stance, including pictures and in hand testimonials, prompts another wave of comments trying to convince people your opinion holds more weight.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #1567
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
My argument is against people who judge a statue based on pictures vs those who have it in hand.

Your arguing that because Jedi_Don is good with taking pictures that the statue does not look as good as his pictures would have you believe and that the statue actually looks more like the bad picture. Even though you have never seen it in hand..

That's all I was saying with my emoticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Then there is the flip side to that coin... when you've made up your mind about a piece and line in general, well before pictures surface, and you feel the need to have others agree with you to justify your non-purchase. Anything that goes against your stance, including pictures and in hand testimonials, prompts another wave of comments trying to convince people your opinion holds more weight.
Guys, don't get me wrong, it's a nice statue. It really is.

It's not the same standard as the prototype, and for the cost, and more importantly, the wait, it should be a damn sight closer than it is. This is my opinion, and I don't discuss that opinion in the hope / desire to convince anyone else to agree with me.

I would say this, the sculpt is great! And I would consider buying it and have it repainted.....but, the statue is far too complex, and the cost / time to bring it to where it should be would be crippling.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:15 AM   #1568
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

In-hand pics are amazing! So happy I ordered this one! Can't wait!! Grateful to everyone sharing their pics!
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:36 PM   #1569
gomur
The Tick

I can't wait to receive mine either. Hopefully it arrives intact. So far it looks like the GG production came real close to the prototype. Between Whisper and Shanna I'm hoping GG gets at least one nomination in the year end awards.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:51 PM   #1570
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

found this concept at https://harbottle.artstation.com/

whished they would have done the museum pose and the action one cause would have been a cool display togeather option... but... the museum pose is also fenomenal

punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote