Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

PCSC Studio Samples

I recently auctioned off the pink Chun Li prototype on EBay. Part of the auction was that we would repaint the face in any manner the winner determined. The winner of the auction seemed really happy with that and it got us thinking...

What do you think of creating a very limited number of Studio Samples ?

They would basically be prototypes painted here by Mike Najera, signed by both of us and we could offer a certain amount of customizing to the paint.

Obviously these would be expensive. Mike is not cheap and it normally takes him 3 solid days to paint one statue..

I would guess they would start at double the retail price of a factory piece. They would not be auctioned but sold on our website all for the same amount.

Probably limit them to 5 of each character ?

Just thoughts right now.

Last edited by OuttaSight; 10-03-2012 at 11:48 PM.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Would be amazing, I would be willing to bet they would be sold instantly. You could always start off with a bloodied Sagat =-D
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

It's an interesting idea. To have a proto quality piece, similar to that used for official product pics, would be awesome. As you kind of put it - a chance to own a studio quality piece. All those touches bring a statue to life. What I'm more curious about though, is how far you could go with 'customising' - I'm not talking extreme, like adding battle damage for example (though there's an idea ), but what if for example someone wanted the original electric blue for Judge Dredd's attire that was shown on the first proto? Would you be able to do that, or would there be troubles because the licensor didn't approve that color for the mass produced statues? I guess I'm asking if you can change colors at all - or would it still need to be within the same fashion/approval limitations?
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
Loops
Kindly Asked To Leave

The idea sounds fantastic.

However I assume they will be sold as an auction on eBay with no Buy It Now option? If so, unfortunately I'll just have to look on and be jealous of the winner. The ending price is always way more than I can afford.
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
MuckCityFL
Frackin!

I think Studio Samples would be amazing and would be very interested in buying a few ... maybe Skeletor to lead off ... But this could be a good way to test a line/character's popularity before mass production.
MuckCityFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
dao2
Cyclops

Would love, price depending of course. Man you have good ideas :P
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #7
Joppula
Marshal Law

I think it's a cool idea, but if you do it I hope it's the last type of exclusive you offer.

Offering too many exclusives can mess up a line. And mess up your sales.

You're already offering PCS Ex, PCS AP, EX, Factory Prototypes, and Reg. that seems like a fair variety.

If you fragment each statue too much, I could see certain collectors throwing their hands in the air and saying "too much, I can't keep up".

Again, a very cool idea. Just be careful
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #8
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
I think it's a cool idea, but if you do it I hope it's the last type of exclusive you offer.

Offering too many exclusives can mess up a line. And mess up your sales.

You're already offering PCS Ex, PCS AP, EX, Factory Prototypes, and Reg. that seems like a fair variety.

If you fragment each statue too much, I could see certain collectors throwing their hands in the air and saying "too much, I can't keep up".

Again, a very cool idea. Just be careful
Looks worse when you type it like that :<

The AP is the same thing, just different edition number. And considering he sells only one prototype for each style I don't really think you could call it an "edition".

Really PCS Ex, Reg, SS Ex, and Studio Sample if you want to consider it an edition, although it's going to be pretty much the same cept with some customization and a pro paint job.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #9
DRAGONTHEBOMB
I am da law!

I would be down with that, but I think I would much rather have the option of have a custom color attire or color scheme as opposed to just having the face painted differently.
DRAGONTHEBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #10
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

I wonder Tygra which was displayed in SDCC be auctioned?
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote