Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 09-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #101
cgaiden1
Doh!

Huge disappointment for me. Snake looks far too big and muscular here. Is this Chris Redfield? Jesus. They should have included a boulder with this statue. He looks like he's big enough to be Batman. The light grey parts of his sneaking suit are far too light. His elbow and knee pads look enormous, but I guess they have to be to wrap around Snakes 20 inch biceps. Also the face seems off to me, it seems like his jawline is way to square, or his chin is way too pronounced, most likely a side effect from the steroid abuse. And what's with the long hair? Am I missing something? If memory serves me right, MGS1 Snake's hair did not extend below his ears. With that being said, it is nicely detailed. But that's all I can say
cgaiden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:58 PM   #102
First4Figures
First 4 Figures
Producer

Thanks for that feedback. As mentioned above....

Our Snake is based from the legacy collection. Plus we used direct 3d files from licensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaiden1 View Post
Huge disappointment for me. Snake looks far too big and muscular here. Is this Chris Redfield? Jesus. They should have included a boulder with this statue. He looks like he's big enough to be Batman. The light grey parts of his sneaking suit are far too light. His elbow and knee pads look enormous, but I guess they have to be to wrap around Snakes 20 inch biceps. Also the face seems off to me, it seems like his jawline is way to square, or his chin is way too pronounced, most likely a side effect from the steroid abuse. And what's with the long hair? Am I missing something? If memory serves me right, MGS1 Snake's hair did not extend below his ears. With that being said, it is nicely detailed. But that's all I can say
First4Figures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #103
cgaiden1
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by First4Figures View Post

Our Snake is based from the legacy collection. Plus we used direct 3d files from licensor.
Ah ok, I guess the legacy collection version of Solid Snake just doesn't do it for me. But that makes more sense, I didn't see that until after I posted. Thanks.
cgaiden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:38 PM   #104
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

This looks absolutely awesome! I love how he turned out. That being said, I have to wonder who would buy the camo version. Half a grand for a translucent statue is so bizarre to me.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #105
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

F4F doing gods own work! I've been so horrifically sick all day, i missed the live stream and everything so I've just sat and watched the Documentary.

i think it looks great, love the pose, love the EX parts. Not interested int he Stealth version but it looks great and i'm sure will do well and be super limited.

The only thing i would have liked is some extra detail on the base, the wall that he's leaning against i'd love to have a ripped down posted or something on the opposite side? Minor nitpick but i just think something on there to break up the overall "grey" look of the statue would be great.

Definitely in for an EX.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #106
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
This looks absolutely awesome! I love how he turned out. That being said, I have to wonder who would buy the camo version. Half a grand for a translucent statue is so bizarre to me.
I don't see anyone just buying the stealth version. The Twin Snakes bundle for $100 discount is the best option for it.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:33 PM   #107
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by First4Figures View Post

What does this mean exactly? The Legacy Collection is a compilation of Metal Gear games. So is this a mixture of the different iterations of the characters?
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:53 PM   #108
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
i'm getting the Ex version only even though I'm a big fan of MGS.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:54 PM   #109
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
What does this mean exactly? The Legacy Collection is a compilation of Metal Gear games. So is this a mixture of the different iterations of the characters?
the artwork of solid snake is different.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:37 AM   #110
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Pretty much means the character design is Konami's. Im guessing from their artwork and renders. I never got the chance to play mgs so pretty much missed the series. Statue looks pretty awesome though. Love the running for cover pose with the bandana flying. He seems a little long in the face to me but the more I look at it the more I dont mind. Cool that Alex is already making tweaks. Posted this in the club-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6279.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	107584  
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote