Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #901
Pwesty
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Your statue might need a restraining order if it gets physical lol.

On a side note, is anyone here NOT going with the EX? If not, what is your reasoning? Just don't like the EX sculpt?
for sure the EX for me! I spoke to SS this morning and they should have him in by next week sometime!
Not long now! Cannot wait!
Pwesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 03:55 PM   #902
101son
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Your statue might need a restraining order if it gets physical lol.

On a side note, is anyone here NOT going with the EX? If not, what is your reasoning? Just don't like the EX sculpt?
funny you ask that,
At first i thought this was EX or bust. but after seeing the unboxing, along with better production pics of the EX. my mind was changed.
I think that the regular portrait suits this sculpt so much more. Such a fierce beast like look.
some angles the EX head looks a bit small imo
& teeth look better on reg vs EX, which is big for me.

Anywho, i had the EX on PO, fully paid off. but this whole port situation gave me a chance for a full refund.( so i took it)
Living in Toronto i get killed with shipping & customs so I ordered through my LCS & saved over $200 ordering the REG.
101son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:57 PM   #903
chaggs1
Luke Cage

This situation of Sideshow taking the money and not shipping is taking the piss
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:08 PM   #904
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I prefer the regular portrait. It fits better proportion wise with his body.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:22 AM   #905
srttoz
Mephisto

The long hair has grown on me significantly over time so I'll be switching them out every now and then for sure.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:41 AM   #906
CWalker
The Avengers

Long hair for me, easily.

Just "fits" the piece as a whole better (IMO).
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:24 AM   #907
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101son View Post
funny you ask that,
At first i thought this was EX or bust. but after seeing the unboxing, along with better production pics of the EX. my mind was changed.
I think that the regular portrait suits this sculpt so much more. Such a fierce beast like look.
some angles the EX head looks a bit small imo
& teeth look better on reg vs EX, which is big for me.

Anywho, i had the EX on PO, fully paid off. but this whole port situation gave me a chance for a full refund.( so i took it)
Living in Toronto i get killed with shipping & customs so I ordered through my LCS & saved over $200 ordering the REG.

Without a doubt, savings/expenses is a true driving force within this hobby, and I often go reg to save $, but only if the ex contributes little to the sculpt/character design. In many cases, where a second portrait is offered as ex, SS has given us something to truly consider, especially of late. Consider the recent, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Jean, Domino, Catwoman,........etc. All have great portrait sets, each offering a distinctive look or vibe, making the ex option attractive. This Sabretooth is no exception.

With Sabretooth, both portraits give off such a distinctive, different vibe, that comparing them is a little shortsighted. Not saying you can't have preferences, but each Sabes portrait so transforms the "look" of the statue, making the ex choice for myself very easy.

The "in your face", outstanding, charging roaring reg? Or the rearing, posturing, smirking/grimacing, wicked vibe of the ex? Pick your pleasure, you can't/won't go wrong with either. Initially preferred the reg, but that ex smirk/frown makes this Sabretooth the " Mona Lisa" of the character.

Wicked cool, and no, the ex portrait proportions are fine, Martin Canale is a master at anatomy, including portraits, & knows what he's doing. It's up to us to develop an eye, and appreciate the mastery.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:06 AM   #908
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Some of you are very passionate! I love the replies and thoughtful discussions. You all make good points.

The EX for me represents Sabretooth from my childhood with the 90s X-Men portrait so I'm leaning more towards that myself. Unless I can get the regular for a really good deal.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:55 PM   #909
Obi Wan
Fantastic Four

I love the EX head. I find myself switching out heads on my statues all the time. Cant wait to get this thing in hand!
Obi Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 11:51 PM   #910
CWalker
The Avengers

Hoping for next week...
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote