I'm glad you weren't unemployed long!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:54 PM   #32
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman256
T,

I really dislike Gambit (just a bad 90's character IMO). Scarlet Witch I really wanted for the Vision statue and Avengers set.

Carnage, not my favorite villain, but a great bust. I dropped the damned thing while looking it over....busted up bad! Have to replace!
Yeah, I'm not a Gambit fan, either, but the combination of wanting to have a complete X-team and the recommendation of a couple of people who were really impressed with the Gambit made me change my mind. The fact that I got him for cheap, too, was a help. I'm still holding strong on not getting the Gambit minibust, though. For now.

And I wanted SW for the Avengers set, too. She should look great w/Vizh.

Just don't drop her.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:04 PM   #33
Bartman256
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague
Yeah, I'm not a Gambit fan, either, but the combination of wanting to have a complete X-team and the recommendation of a couple of people who were really impressed with the Gambit made me change my mind. The fact that I got him for cheap, too, was a help. I'm still holding strong on not getting the Gambit minibust, though. For now.

And I wanted SW for the Avengers set, too. She should look great w/Vizh.

Just don't drop her.
Not a chance. Already inspected both statues (Scarlet and Gambit) w/o a problem!

Looking over the busted Carnage, it's not a porcelain piece. It's all plastic (or something plastic like). I'm assuming Spider-Woman will be made the same (the webbing under her "pits" is clear).
Bartman256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:44 PM   #34
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman256
Looking over the busted Carnage, it's not a porcelain piece. It's all plastic (or something plastic like). I'm assuming Spider-Woman will be made the same (the webbing under her "pits" is clear).
Wow, now that's interesting. I always assumed that the plastic pieces (when there are any) were somehow just grafted onto the porcelain. Weird. I guess that explains why the bust is so insanely light, though. I wonder if there are any other differences, like durability, the longevity of the paint work, etc.?

Good point about Spider-Woman. We'll know for sure when we get the box, I guess, and it feels empty.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote