Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-30-2015, 12:00 PM   #1451
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
Tomorrow the wait for pics will be over! And we'll settle this once and for all!
Excellent news sir! Looking forward to some proper pics and first hand impressions on this piece. This also means mine will be shipping soon. Many thanks to you for such a great price.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:58 PM   #1452
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Excellent news sir! Looking forward to some proper pics and first hand impressions on this piece. This also means mine will be shipping soon. Many thanks to you for such a great price.
No problem viper! I like to help out my fellow statue forum members as much as I can 👍
Old 10-30-2015, 05:45 PM   #1453
ukshaun
Hercules

Without wishing to sound dumb, hasn't this statue in it's red outfit been available in the past, as I'm sure i've seen them on ebay, for a high price.

My question is, isn't this new grey outfit version the same spec as the red outfit version?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:52 PM   #1454
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Snapped a quick face pick for now. Need to pack these up first. She is amazing guys

https://www.facebook.com/specfiction...553757486949:0
Old 10-30-2015, 05:53 PM   #1455
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Without wishing to sound dumb, hasn't this statue in it's red outfit been available in the past, as I'm sure i've seen them on ebay, for a high price.

My question is, isn't this new grey outfit version the same spec as the red outfit version?
Yes and yes!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #1456
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
Snapped a quick face pick for now. Need to pack these up first. She is amazing guys

https://www.facebook.com/specfiction...553757486949:0
Looks amazing! Congrats to those that have her coming. The details are going to blow you away.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:05 PM   #1457
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

I'm going to take more pics but seriously, she is beautiful. Details are INSANE!
Old 10-30-2015, 06:13 PM   #1458
dechirico7
The Flash

Looks nice, but it definitely doesn't have the face of the proto. But what does now days.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #1459
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Thanks for the picture SF. It's much better; however, it seems to me that GG kept the same face as the Whisper variant (which I don't really like). Since the eyebrows of this one are practically the same as the variant, the only real difference is obviously the eyebrow and hair color, and the direction the eyes are looking.

If you look at the face of the variant and the face of the original prototype, they're almost two different faces. The eyebrows are key, and the biggest difference between them. Ever since I was able to see the two in comparison pictures, I've always loved the face of the non-variant much better over the actual variant.

I'm positive that all the other details are gonna be there for the remainder of the piece, but I don't know, I just don't like the way GG kept the face of the variant to go along with the original release. I was hoping the original's face would look more like it's own prototype.

I'm torn man. Don't really know how I wanna proceed now.

Variant production release:

Original prototype:

Original production release:
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:27 PM   #1460
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Looks nice, but it definitely doesn't have the face of the proto. But what does now days.
The face from the proto had so much character, and it was that (IMHO) that superseded the need for this statue to be based on a character likeness or a real world "actress".

While this photo (as well as supporting the earlier, "poor quality" photo ) shows an ok portrait, it lacks character and looks extremely generic.

While the whole figure may well be a catch based on the diver equipment, and additional details it comes with, at least for me, the statue does not deliver on it's promise.

Those that have the exclusive just won the lottery, you guys definitely got the better statue, and the value of that purchase will be guaranteed going forward!!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote